Morrissey Press Conference

maybe

Apologies if this has been posted before.

http://www.pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=8377

Morrissey Speaks
Updated 04:45 PDT Sat, Sep 29 2007

Morrissey has announced a very rare press conference for television crews at the Hollywood Palladium in California on October 1, the same day his 10-show residency at the venue commences. The singer will perform five songs followed by a question and answer period.
Morrissey's residency is closing a chapter in the Palladium's history, as these will be the final 10 shows at the venue before it closes for extensive renovations.
Other upcoming stops on Moz's tour include the Genesee Theatre in Waukegan, Ill. (October 17), the Royal Oak Music Theatre in Michigan (October 19), the Star Plaza Theatre in Merrillville, Ind. (October 20), the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City (October 22-28), Rams Head Live! in Baltimore (October 31) and DAR Constitution Hall in Washington, D.C. (November 2).
Morrissey's current tour began 18 months ago in Tulsa, Okla. Since then the singer has performed 137 shows in cities ranging from London to Mexico City and everywhere in between.

Apologies if this has been posted before.

http://www.pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=8377

Morrissey Speaks
Updated 04:45 PDT Sat, Sep 29 2007

Morrissey has announced a very rare press conference for television crews at the Hollywood Palladium in California on October 1, the same day his 10-show residency at the venue commences. The singer will perform five songs followed by a question and answer period.
Morrissey's residency is closing a chapter in the Palladium's history, as these will be the final 10 shows at the venue before it closes for extensive renovations.
Other upcoming stops on Moz's tour include the Genesee Theatre in Waukegan, Ill. (October 17), the Royal Oak Music Theatre in Michigan (October 19), the Star Plaza Theatre in Merrillville, Ind. (October 20), the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City (October 22-28), Rams Head Live! in Baltimore (October 31) and DAR Constitution Hall in Washington, D.C. (November 2).
Morrissey's current tour began 18 months ago in Tulsa, Okla. Since then the singer has performed 137 shows in cities ranging from London to Mexico City and everywhere in between.

Hadn't seen this, thanks for posting! Dear Lord, though, a press conference?? Has he ever done one of these b4?

Hadn't seen this, thanks for posting! Dear Lord, though, a press conference?? Has he ever done one of these b4?

either:
1. PETA wants him to use his star power to keep people from leaving out rat poison in their attics

or

2. he's announcing that he's gay.

:D

either:
1. PETA wants him to use his star power to keep people from leaving out rat poison in their attics

or

2. he's announcing that he's gay.

:D

As long as its not a retirement announcement! Or another madonna denouncement, for that matter............

How are ticket sales going? I can't be the only person who's come to the end of her ROTT fund??? I don't expect any big revelations, it's just not his style. He'll perform, torture the press with cat and mouse games, and leave everyone wanting more.

I do so love him.

It's got to be a new record deal- and maybe something to do with the Smiths box set rereleases.

He's been in such a good mood onstage the last few days- it must be good news.

Thanks maybe, You had me at "Morrissey Speaks" :)

c'mon Monday...!(okay maybe not too fast!)

Thanks for posting this.

This is quite exciting and so un-Morrissey like.

It just looks like a way of trying to sell more tickets for the LA residency(which hasn't sold out): nothing ominous there

It'll probably be a multi-pronged approach, but I imagine it'll mainly focus on Moz "closing" the venue with his residency and perhaps the announcement of his signing with WB (based purely on rumours and WB filming at recent a recent show).

Hope it turns up on YouTube...por favor.

Morrissey retire?

Please....He would go bored from being depressed...

Or should that be depressed from being bored?

Yeah, that's true.
I re-read this: "the recent quotes on NME.com attributed to me concerning "retirement" and "final concerts" were not made by me"
and am now calm.

Please stop this retirement talk :( Why would he dispel the rumours on TTY and then change his mind again? Yes, he’s Morrissey, but that would be a bit weird even for him.
It doesn’t say anything about an announcement, it just states that there will be a Q&A session. If there is an announcement I think it’s either something about a new record deal – after all Warner has filmed a few concerts – or an attempt to sell tickets… suppose we’ll have to wait until Monday to know for sure. If anyone from here is going please tell us.

he needs to add a little spark to ticket sales in some markets so i think this will help...he will probably announce a record deal...play new songs (hopefully some totally new songs that are worthy to be on a new album)...talk about Smiths...and announce he will be playing with Johnny Marr at the Royal Oak show.

a typical press conference.

Back
Top Bottom