Morrissey postpones 013 gig (Tilburg, NL) due to illness; new date Mar. 29, 2015

UPDATE Mar. 11, 11:11 PM PT:

Link posted by Raphael Lambach:

Tilburg - true-to-you.net

There is a new date for Morrissey's concert at 013 in Tilburg, Holland: Sunday 29 March.

UPDATE 10:30 AM PT:

New date posted by Hand in Hand-Shoe:

Morrissey Afgelast - 013.nl

...We've got a new date for Morrissey: Sunday 29 March! Tickets remain valid for this new date. Restitution is possible, please go to the Ticketmaster website for more information

Due to ill health Morrissey will not appear on stage tonight. Therefore the show has been cancelled. Morrissey and 013 are planning a 3rd and definite date after rescheduling the show which was planned november last.

During the band introduction in Groningen last night, he was already sneezing. In between the songs you could also hear and see he had trouble catching his breath.

Official statement:

MORRISSEY SHOW CANCELED DUE TO ILLNESS
We regret to inform you that Morrissey is forced to cancel tonight's appearance in 013, Tilburg. Our stage crew, as well as Morrissey's touring party were already setting up stage and all requirements for tonight's show when we were informed by management that Morrissey is unable to perform tonight due to flu. At the moment we are trying to re-schedule the date for later this month and will advise all ticket holders as soon as possible.

Link to statement on 013.nl: Morrissey Afgelast (in Dutch)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Morrissey cancels 013 gig (Tilburg, NL) - march 10, 2015

Poor Morrissey. This is painful to watch.

Normally, I'd mock and say, "What else is new" or "Same old Morrissey," but this is probably getting a little serious now, health-wise.

Like, "OK, this is bad, man -- take care of yourself -- no more gigs (or tours, anyway) -- just focus on getting better and get in the studio when you can."

Agreed. Hope he recovers quickly.

Right love Morrissey (obviously or I wouldn't be here) but this is getting farcical. He really needs to make some decisions on his touring future. He cancels more than he plays. Would rather he spent his time gettin a label and making records.

Right, Eugenius. I worry about how often he compromises his health. I also don't like hearing his breathing was difficult. It's quite distressing.

Well, at least there's a real collectors item, according to Stefan

P.

Stop, Morrissey. We've heard this one before.

Lucky me, I got to watch him in Groningen last night. And yes, he was sneezing. And next to that, still amazing. I hope he will recover soon!

Here we go.....the second leg of the Bleed the Euros Tour is going to be real pick and choose for Morrissey. I would never buy a ticket for any of his Brit/Euro shows but I guess if you live in Dusseldorfenburgermuller, Norway and only get to see him once every 6 years, I guess you don't have a choice.

Oh noooooo. Sneezing flu is the WORST. Feel better, itchy face, groggy boy.

Confirmation...

P.

Has he cancelled a rescheduled gig before?

Has he ever cancelled a re-rescheduled gig (i.e., three times)?

Most definitely, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

I've always found that Sudaphed, Advil, and a Johnny Walker or 3 makes one easily forget about a Sneezy Flu for 90 minutes.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom