Morrissey postpones 013 gig (Tilburg, NL) due to illness; new date Mar. 29, 2015

Any word from Beaky @ True-to-Flu yet ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher

For f***s sake! The Steve Miller Band isn't f***ing ill. The Steve Miller Band hasn't f***ing health problems. You get that? Is it really so difficult to understand?

Phill also wasn't ill, so he could plan this, because he was healthy.
And you only plan these things when you can...
No f***ing cancellations

Date City Country Venue
Asia and Oceania
23 February 1990 Nagoya Japan Seto-Shi Bunka Centre (Rehearsal)
26 February 1990
27 February 1990 Osaka Castle Hall
28 February 1990
3 March 1990 Hiroshima Hiroshima Sun Plaza
5 March 1990 Yokohama Yokohama Arena
6 March 1990 Tokyo Yoyogi National Gymnasium
7 March 1990
8 March 1990
9 March 1990
13 March 1990 Sydney Australia Entertainment Centre
14 March 1990
15 March 1990
17 March 1990 Brisbane Entertainment Centre
18 March 1990
19 March 1990
21 March 1990 Melbourne Melbourne Park
23 March 1990
24 March 1990
25 March 1990
27 March 1990 Sydney Entertainment Centre
28 March 1990
29 March 1990
31 March 1990 Adelaide Memorial Drive Park
4 April 1990 Perth Enterianment Centre
5 April 1990
Europe #1
16 April 1990 Brussels Belgium Forest National
17 April 1990 Paris France Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy
18 April 1990
19 April 1990
20 April 1990
22 April 1990 London England Royal Albert Hall
24 April 1990 Berlin Germany Deutschlandhalle
28 April 1990 London England Wembley Arena
29 April 1990
30 April 1990
1 May 1990
2 May 1990
4 May 1990 Rotterdam Netherlands Ahoy
5 May 1990 Hamburg Germany Congresshalle
6 May 1990 Gothenburg Sweden Scandinavium
8 May 1990 Stockholm Globe Arena
10 May 1990 Frankfurt Germany Festhalle Frankfurt
12 May 1990 Munich Olympiahalle
15 May 1990 Zürich Switzerland Hallenstadion
17 May 1990 Milan Italy PalaSharp
19 May 1990 Lyon France Halle Tony Garnier
20 May 1990 Nîmes Arena of Nîmes
21 May 1990 Barcelona Spain Palau Municipal d'Esports
23 May 1990 Madrid Palacio de los Deportes[1]
24 May 1990 Paris France Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy
North American #1
29 May 1990 Uniondale United States Nassau Coliseum
30 May 1990
1 June 1990
2 June 1990
11 June 1990 Toronto Canada Skydome
12 June 1990
14 June 1990 Rosemont United States Rosemont Horizon
15 June 1990
16 June 1990
17 June 1990
20 June 1990 Inglewood The Forum
21 June 1990
23 June 1990
24 June 1990
25 June 1990
Europe #2
30 June 1990[A] Stevenage England Knebworth Park
1 July 1990 Edinburgh Scotland Royal Highland Showground
5 July 1990 Dublin Ireland Point Theatre
6 July 1990
7 July 1990 Birmingham England NEC
8 July 1990
9 July 1990
10 July 1990
12 July 1990 Dortmund Germany Westfalenhallen
13 July 1990
14 July 1990 Berlin Waldbühne
15 July 1990
17 July 1990 Hanover Niedersachsenstadion
18 July 1990
North America #2
10 August 1990 East Rutherford United States Meadowlands Arena
11 August 1990
13 August 1990 Montreal Canada Montreal Forum
14 August 1990
16 August 1990 Auburn Hills United States Palace of Auburn Hills
17 August 1990
19 August 1990 Richfield Richfield Coliseum
20 August 1990
22 August 1990 Philadelphia The Spectrum
23 August 1990
24 August 1990
25 August 1990
27 August 1990 Landover Capital Centre
28 August 1990
29 August 1990 Burgettstown Starlake Amphitheatre
30 August 1990
1 September 1990 Chapel Hill Dean E. Smith Center
2 September 1990 Atlanta Lakewood Amphitheatre
3 September 1990 Birmingham Civic Centre Coliseum
4 September 1990 Nashville Starwood Amphitheatre
7 September 1990 Houston The Summit
8 September 1990 Dallas Starplex Amphitheatre
9 September 1990
11 September 1990 Denver McNichols Arena
13 September 1990 Vancouver Canada PNE Coliseum
14 September 1990 Tacoma United States Tacoma Dome
15 September 1990
17 September 1990 Mountain View Shoreline Amphitheatre
18 September 1990
19 September 1990
20 September 1990 Sacramento ARCO Arena
22 September 1990 Irvine Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre
23 September 1990
24 September 1990 Los Angeles Wiltern Theatre
25 September 1990 Upper Darby Tower Theatre
27 September 1990 New York City Beacon Theatre
28 September 1990 Madison Square Garden
29 September 1990
30 September 1990
1 October 1990
2 October 1990
3 October 1990

Last edited:
And when one prize c*** leaves, another one joins, and so it goes on...

Some people just love the drama, they'll never admit it but they love it. If Morrissey played every date what could they moan about?

Well it would be the setlist that they wouldn't have heard because they didn't go...

And after that cheese, I miss talking about that every day.

And when one prize c*** leaves, another one joins, and so it goes on...

Some people just love the drama, they'll never admit it but they love it. If Morrissey played every date what could they moan about?

Well it would be the setlist that they wouldn't have heard because they didn't go...

And after that cheese, I miss talking about that every day.

Hi Charlie, so what do you think your odds are of seeing him Friday? How far do you have to travel? These health issues have really upset the tour tea cart as it were. I remember reading that you had standing tickets. I saw him in Las Vegas once when I lived there and the whole venue was standing only. It is a greatly different experience seeing him up close. I hope all goes well and we get your report in time for me to read over the weekend. PS. I miss you and Brummie going at it..maybe he will be back soon.

Hi Charlie, so what do you think your odds are of seeing him Friday? How far do you have to travel? These health issues have really upset the tour tea cart as it were. I remember reading that you had standing tickets. I saw him in Las Vegas once when I lived there and the whole venue was standing only. It is a greatly different experience seeing him up close. I hope all goes well and we get your report in time for me to read over the weekend. PS. I miss you and Brummie going at it..maybe he will be back soon.

I'm about ten miles away which is shit hot on the cancellation front. I think it's the first time I've had less than a 200 mile round trip to see him so having run the drive of disappointment in the past, this time I'm fraught free.

At the minute I think he's going to show anyway, just a hunch. My mrs has already given up and she's not even arsed about him.

I imagine he enjoyed playing Vegas.

health issues pertaining to ticket sales is what matters. unhealthy ticket sales inevitably leads to bad body language, sneezings and ultimately, cancellations.
same old song.

health issues pertaining to ticket sales is what matters. unhealthy ticket sales inevitably leads to bad body language, sneezings and ultimately, cancellations.
same old song.

Can anyone confirm how many were at Monday's show?

There's been a lack of photos/videos.

I'm about ten miles away which is shit hot on the cancellation front. I think it's the first time I've had less than a 200 mile round trip to see him so having run the drive of disappointment in the past, this time I'm fraught free.

At the minute I think he's going to show anyway, just a hunch. My mrs has already given up and she's not even arsed about him.

That's funny. I admit that the three times I saw him, I never traveled more than a few miles myself. maybe all the travel horror stories I have read through the years posted here. My cousin lives near Flint Michigan, and I almost decided to go out to see him there annnnnnd.......cancelled.

Maybe the Mrs. has the right idea....giving up hope may be the first step to ensuring his presence. I was looking forward to seeing him for months before two of the shows he cancelled on me. Many on here make it seem like Morrissey taking the stage could be cut right from Bob Geldof's Comfortably Numb performance in The Wall:

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously insurance is not available for Morrissey shows at this stage. And 2015 has started with a 50% cancelation rate, but what is so concerning about this cancelation is that I used to think that if you wanted to see Morrissey, and you didn't live in London, you needed to buy tickets for one of the first five shows of any tour, since he was unlikely to cancel shows until around 10 dates into any tour, but now, with this latest cancelation, a new rule has emerged: ONE MUST NEVER BUY AN AIRLINE TICKET WITH THE PURPOSE OF GOING TO A MORRISSEY SHOW. Ever.... You will get a refund for your concert ticket, but what the hell do you do in Utrecht, or Tampa Bay for a long weekend not 'if', but 'as' he is going to cancel. No more concert followers for this crooner, no more....

Obviously insurance is not available for Morrissey shows at this stage. And 2015 has started with a 50% cancelation rate, but what is so concerning about this cancelation is that I used to think that if you wanted to see Morrissey, and you didn't live in London, you needed to buy tickets for one of the first five shows of any tour, since he was unlikely to cancel shows until around 10 dates into any tour, but now, with this latest cancelation, a new rule has emerged: ONE MUST NEVER BUY AN AIRLINE TICKET WITH THE PURPOSE OF GOING TO A MORRISSEY SHOW. Ever.... You will get a refund for your concert ticket, but what the hell do you do in Utrecht, or Tampa Bay for a long weekend not 'if', but 'as' he is going to cancel. No more concert followers for this crooner, no more....

The core groupies will continue to blow their cash and follow him.

But I have no idea how he gets insurance. I too always thought the first ten shows or so were safe. I would feel bad if he hadn't spent his break from touring parting and going to concerts in LA. He was healthy to do that.

First of all the blah blah about insurance from people who havn't a clue becomes boring. Secondly it would be nice when people would do their research before posting crap ...

US-Tour 2009

Feb. 28 Boca Raton, FL - Mizner Park Cancelled (361)
Mar. 1 Orlando, FL - Hard Rock Live Cancelled (361)
Mar. 3 Jacksonville, FL - Florida Theatre Cancelled (361)
Mar. 4 St. Petersburg, FL - Jannus Landing Courtyard Cancelled (361)
Mar. 6 Myrtle Beach, SC - House of Blues Post-show (121)
Mar. 7 Atlanta, GA - Variety Playhouse Cancelled (137)
Mar. 9 Asheville, NC - Orange Peel Cancelled (156)
Mar. 11 Durham, NC - Durham Performing Arts Center Post-show (211)
Mar. 13 Richmond, VA - The National Post-show (103)
Mar. 14 Washington, DC - Warner Theatre Post-show (163)
Mar. 16 Montclair, NJ - Wellmont Theatre Post-show (167)
Mar. 17 Pittsburgh, PA - Carnegie Music Hall Post-show (137)
Mar. 19 Buffalo, NY - University At Buffalo Center for the Arts Post-show (105)
Mar. 21 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom Post-show (76)
Mar. 22 Philadelphia, PA - Academy of Music Post-show (108)
[Mar. 23] New York, NY - Late Night with Jimmy Fallon - NBC Info (88)
Mar. 25 New York, NY - Webster Hall Post-show (81)
Mar. 26 New York, NY - Carnegie Hall Post-show (150)
Mar. 28 Mashantucket, CT - Foxwoods Post-show (136)
Mar. 29 Boston, MA - House of Blues Post-show (121)
Mar. 31 Ann Arbor, MI - Michigan Theater Post-show (70)
Apr. 1 Columbus, OH - Palace Theater Post-show (85)
Apr. 3 Milwaukee, WI - Eagles Ballroom Post-show (114)
Apr. 4 Chicago, IL - Aragon Ballroom Post-show (175)
Apr. 6 Minneapolis, MN - State Theatre Post-show (79)
Apr. 7 Kansas City, MO - Midland Theatre Post-show (102)
Apr. 8 St. Louis, MO - The Pageant Post-show (94)
Apr. 10 Dallas, TX - Palladium Ballroom Post-show (80)
Apr. 11 Houston, TX - Jesse H Jones Hall Post-show (63)
Apr. 12 Austin, TX - Bass Concert Hall Post-show (121)
Apr. 14 El Paso, TX - Chavez Theater Post-show (46)
Apr. 15 Albuquerque, NM - Sunshine Theater Post-show (61)
Apr. 17 Indio, CA - Coachella Music Festival Post-show (100)

The core groupies will continue to blow their cash and follow him.

But I have no idea how he gets insurance. I too always thought the first ten shows or so were safe. I would feel bad if he hadn't spent his break from touring parting and going to concerts in LA. He was healthy to do that.

Yes, you are absolutely right. Morrissey should have spent the whole time from Janurary to March sitting on his arse with no sightings and picutures for us to discuss and dissect.
But wait ... then everyone would have jumped on him for being rich, lazy and sitting on his arse. And that in Los Angeles ...

How does Mick Jagger do it?

Jagger, Daltrey, Ozzy ect grew up in a time when if you didn't work you didn't get paid. Growing up like they did Post WW2 it was probably frowned upon if you excessively called out sick.

Hi Charlie, where will be the best place to go for pre-gig drinks? Of course we may end up staying for the evening. I live in Essex, staying at Jurys Inn. 50/50 really. He has a lot more to lose though cancelling the bigger venues and standing is sold out so hoping he is overdosing on the Lockets (do they still do them?).

Will this ever end?

I don't give a shit where he lives but, HE LIVES IN LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was obvious he waited until the last minute to hop on that dreaded British Airways direct flight from LAX-London.

Don't you think the shock and depressed feeling of being in England and then traveling to "NL", whatever Nazi country that is and having to smell all those bratwursts and cooked cow stomachs coming from every house along with a McDonalds and KFC on every corner is fun when he could be back home in Malibu eating pasta with Nancy, going to Italian restaurants in West Hollywood, and going to see Patti Smith at The Wiltern?

Last edited:
Will this ever end?

It was obvious he waited until the last minute to hop on that dreaded British Airways direct flight from LAX-London.

Don't you think the shock and depressed feeling of being in England and then traveling to "NL", whatever Nazi country that is and having to smell all those bratwursts and cooked cow stomachs coming from every house along with a McDonalds and KFC on every corner is fun when he could be back home in Malibu eating pasta with Nancy, going to Italian restaurants in West Hollywood, and going to see Patti Smith at The Wiltern?

Yes, that's why he spent the entire time in LA at the Sunset Marquis. Because he lives in LA.

Have you sought psychological help?

Will this ever end?

Why do you continue to spread untrue facts about Morrissey? What is wrong with you?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom