Morrissey pictured in Mexico with fans & band/studio post

Fans with Morrissey in Mexico:

42600_42593_FB_IMG_1521266667928.jpg

Pic: Gustavo Montúfar - Facebook.

42601_42598_20180317_061520.jpg

Cesar Hernández Gutiérrez & Moz courtesy of Rosie.

Matt & Mando post similar pictures of 'studio' drums - interesting if this from today and not after the TV appearance.

20180317_061104.jpg

1736537197664633164.jpg

20180317_061318.jpg

FB_IMG_1521308210765.jpg

Picture credit - unknown

There are several threads, so not sure what should go where.

Thanks to those sharing on social media.

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
that many wires its like a plate of spaghetti.

That one book, the one with a woman holding her hands to her chest, has an interesting cover

Joe's tweet sounds promising:

Regards,
FWD.

Joe's tweet sounds promising:

Regards,
FWD.

Thanks - that does seem like good news.
What can we read it into it though?
Presumably, Joe would only be involved if the record deal was ongoing, so that's a good sign.
Also, is it fair to assume they have been recording new songs? I'm guessing they wouldn't go to the expense of flying Joe out there if they were just doing a session of existing songs?

Personally, I think it's the usual confusing scenario until more details emerge. Moz is due to record a TV show based on a 'session'. He is now having 'studio' time and appears to be recording - whether those 2 things are one and the same is unknown (edit: having just dug through Panoram Studios instagram - I'm now more inclined to say this was for the Alejandro Franco TV show or gig rehearsal, but we can hope).
Joe being there could be seen as there's something more substantial than setting up for a TV segment though. That said, until Joe's recent comments about recording new songs, there was only Sam's completely misinterpreted comment about the live B sides to base a deluxe edition hypothesis on.
I'd guess (stress guess) that if he vanishes after the gig tonight, then it was just tracks recorded for the TV show. If the band hang around in Mexico after tonight, then possibly something more than TV. The band have been there for 5 days already (Boz slightly later after his holiday) so anything's possible, but that would be fast even for them.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
I wish there was a sense of logic or predictability to him, but I won't pin too much on anything yet - there's a new single out in 9 days and there's been zero 'official' BMG mention nor anything from Moz (in fact - he promotes the old single on TV instead). The use of live B sides in lieu of Joe's 'lots' of extra songs recorded at the time isn't too reassuring either, but we will soon see - always happy to be wrong. I'd love a curveball like a 10" EP/CD myself, but such is life.

As for tonight...

An hour and 10 minutes scheduled for tonight:

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
'Last day': posted by Mando on IG:
(if you factor in their site seeing posts - you are looking at about possibly 3 days tops in the 'studio').

20180317_192521.jpg

Regards ,
FWD.

Last edited:
I've got used to how he looks these days - not brilliant, not bad, he has his good days and his bad, I suppose he's par for the course for a 58 year old.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom