Morrissey photographed by the GREAT Jane Bown

anon x

Morrissey in 1995 photographed by the GREAT Jane Bown.

bownmoz.jpg

Great galleries here : http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/interactive/2009/oct/22/jane-bown-photography
(you can even have them full screen in great detail!)

She's snapped the good,bad and the ugly for 5 decades:uses natural light,one lens and spends a few minutes taking the pix.
(take that,Annie Liebowitz!)

:thumb:

I looked through all her pics, they are beautiful, thanks for the link.

Even BIGGER for frinkers etc.

bigm.jpg

:horny: Many, many thanks!

I'm scrolling through the site now. AMAZING.

I love what you said about how she uses "natural light,one lens and spends a few minutes taking the pix. (take that,Annie Liebowitz!)"

So true.

This is the new wallpaper on my computer!

Don't kill me but there is just something "off" about that pic. It looks like a hybrid photograph/drawing to me. Doesn't seem natural. Don't know if it was something in the post processing or what but it just doesn't "match". It's still an interesting photo...

let me edit to add... I've also looked over the other posted works and they are for the most part magnificent!!

Last edited:
Fierce!

Creepy. Why is his shirt melted to his skin? There's nothing great about this.

Now THIS is a GREAT photo, showing how the gay sailor is playing Morrissey like a puppet.

MozFix1.jpg

Because I am lazy I lifted this off the "astral projection" wiki page, it's something that Morrissey is familiar with and trapped by, thinking he has to be a slave to the macrocosmic world when I believe he really just wants to have a normal life and be loved. This concept of "hermetically sealed" is bullshit baby, to keep you running. Go smash a f***ing beer bottle, call it a broken seal and effing call me.

The subtle bodies, and their associated planes of existence, form an essential part of the esoteric systems that deal with astral phenomena. In the neo-platonism of Plotinus, for example, the individual is a microcosm ("small world") of the universe (the macrocosm or "great world"). "The rational soul...is akin to the great Soul of the World" while "the material universe, like the body, is made as a faded image of the Intelligible". Each succeeding plane of manifestation is causal to the next, a world-view called emanationism; "from the One proceeds Intellect, from Intellect Soul, and from Soul - in its lower phase, or Nature - the material universe".

Morrissey needs toner, but otherwise it is a beautiful photo.

Tags
photo
Back
Top Bottom