"Morrissey" perfume Incense Avignon

EastOfEden

I have discovered that the aftershave/ Edt/ perfume Morrissey uses - Incense Avignon by Comme des Garson - is available in Libertys in London (Oxford Street). Now, I am not by any means an expert in this area and very rarely buy any aftershaves, BUT this one is truly fantastic. I sampled it in Libertys and bought a bottle (£35 - ouch!).

It really doesn't smell like "a perfume" at all...it's a very unusual atmospheric scent....it reminds me of a catholic mass. And it's very strong, your shirt will still smell of it after you've washed it.

Just thought I'd let you know....

Sorry....I'm so late......not been on the forums for quite some time!

I have discovered that the aftershave/ Edt/ perfume Morrissey uses - Incense Avignon by Comme des Garson - is available in Libertys in London (Oxford Street). Now, I am not by any means an expert in this area and very rarely buy any aftershaves, BUT this one is truly fantastic. I sampled it in Libertys and bought a bottle (£35 - ouch!).

It really doesn't smell like "a perfume" at all...it's a very unusual atmospheric scent....it reminds me of a catholic mass. And it's very strong, your shirt will still smell of it after you've washed it.

do i really want to smell like a catholic mass ....

Sorry....I'm so late......not been on the forums for quite some time!

No, it's ok... it's not you we're making fun of. :)

What Preggers said. :) And yes, that stuff does smell great. I got myself a bottle. It is pricey and the bottle is smaller than most...but I think I am addicted to the crap now and I'm not even a big cologne person.

I'm surprised a link didn't get posted to a previous thread where we complained about certain person's constant linking to previously created threads.....I'm sure there are several that would've sufficed. :D:p HAHA...I think I just confused myself with that one...but eh, whatever.:rolleyes:

A lot of the colognes are so & so....Calvin Klein this and that...but this one is really different! I love it. I sprayed it this morning and it's still all around the room.

I know it's some people's fave past-time to bag on the thread-mover, but I appreciate the linking of redundant questions to one thread when it keeps the board neat. I think she didn't do that in this case because the original threads are so old that they're archived, read-only.

It's also a courtesy to the noob because then the noob doesn't think people are rudely ignoring her/him when it's really a matter of no one's interested in rehashing an old topic.

But if it's fun, carry on...

As for Morrissey's perfume, last night I thought I smelled Avignon Incense on Boz (at the Girl in a Coma show -- great fun -- catch 'em in Long Beach tonight!). But upon reflection, I think it was something else because it didn't have the acrid smokiness. But maybe that's because the smokiness dried off and left behind this strange sweet biscuity note (which evokes Nabokov's description in Lolita of Humbert's childhood sweetheart's perfume blagged from the Spanish maid). It wasn't a typical male cologne, which I usually despise. It smelled quite sweet. Maybe vanilla.

Well, a lot of it transferred to me when Boz hugged me, and the scent hung around me, tickling my nose all night. It had an overwhelmingly sweet, powdery scent with some woodsiness (maybe cedar) in there, too. Anyone have a guess as to what cologne I was smelling? I've never noticed Boz wearing such heavy amounts of cologne before.

I wonder if Moz made him and the rest of the band wear it! :D Jesse smelled quite sweet, too. It was probably the same scent. I wonder if it's because when they record, they're locked in a small room which Moz has sprayed with copious amounts of his chosen perfume. It's like that at concerts. Sometimes they spray the stage, and sometimes I've seen them burn incense.

If I see Boz again soon, I'll ask him what he was wearing.

I know it's some people's fave past-time to bag on the thread-mover, but I appreciate the linking of redundant questions to one thread when it keeps the board neat. I think she didn't do that in this case because the original threads are so old that they're archived, read-only.

It's also a courtesy to the noob because then the noob doesn't think people are rudely ignoring her/him when it's really a matter of no one's interested in rehashing an old topic.

But if it's fun, carry on...

As for Morrissey's perfume, last night I thought I smelled Avignon Incense on Boz (at the Girl in a Coma show -- great fun -- catch 'em in Long Beach tonight!). But upon reflection, I think it was something else because it didn't have the acrid smokiness. But maybe that's because the smokiness dried off and left behind this strange sweet biscuity note (which evokes Nabokov's description in Lolita of Humbert's childhood sweetheart's perfume blagged from the Spanish maid). It wasn't a typical male cologne, which I usually despise. It smelled quite sweet. Maybe vanilla.

Well, a lot of it transferred to me when Boz hugged me, and the scent hung around me, tickling my nose all night. It had an overwhelmingly sweet, powdery scent with some woodsiness (maybe cedar) in there, too. Anyone have a guess as to what cologne I was smelling? I've never noticed Boz wearing such heavy amounts of cologne before.

I wonder if Moz made him and the rest of the band wear it! :D Jesse smelled quite sweet, too. It was probably the same scent. I wonder if it's because when they record, they're locked in a small room which Moz has sprayed with copious amounts of his chosen perfume. It's like that at concerts. Sometimes they spray the stage, and sometimes I've seen them burn incense.

If I see Boz again soon, I'll ask him what he was wearing.

It still might've been Avignon that he was wearing. I notice on me, it starts out overpoweringly strong, I smell like I was literally coming out of a roman catholic church....but after 3 or 4 hours and it's dried on my skin, the incense notes fade and the smell is becomes alot lighter and sweeter, with alot of vanilla.

It still might've been Avignon that he was wearing. I notice on me, it starts out overpoweringly strong, I smell like I was literally coming out of a roman catholic church....but after 3 or 4 hours and it's dried on my skin, the incense notes fade and the smell is becomes alot lighter and sweeter, with alot of vanilla.

Cool, thanks for the info!

If it is Avignon Incense I smelled on them, wonder if Moz merely influenced them to adopt Avignon or if he commanded them to wear it! :eek::p

I also wondered if Moz will move on to a different scent just to be unusual or if he appreciates a herd of clone-scented fans at the shows.

Irregardless, I'm glad so many concert-goers are wearing it because it smells so yummy, but the people who really need to bathe/wear scent to mask their BO at concerts are rarely the people who indulge in fine scent.

Irregardless, I'm glad so many concert-goers are wearing it because it smells so yummy, but the people who really need to bathe/wear scent to mask their BO at concerts are rarely the people who indulge in fine scent.

:D:D:DHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

now that you're in the know he'll go and change it for that good old aftershave staple of many men of his generation....Old Spice.:D

Back
Top Bottom