Morrissey owned Adidas jacket with letter by himself - eBay

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Morrissey-Owned-Adidas-Jacket-With-Letter-Rare/312286820566

s-l400.jpg M2.jpg M1.jpg

A Mr. Norman offering. Starts at £599.
Some collectors like this kind of thing - so worth a share.
Regards,
FWD.
(sharing these types of sales is in no way an endorsement of any seller featured - I simply bring the auction to your attention and you decide the rest!).

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

View attachment 46168 View attachment 46169 View attachment 46170

Regards,
FWD.
(sharing these types of sales is in no way an endorsement of any seller featured - I simply bring the auction to your attention and you decide the rest!).

What’s your opinion on the jacket and letter? (Not looking to stir up hate towards Ross or anything). But your opinion is respected..

What’s your opinion on the jacket and letter? (Not looking to stir up hate towards Ross or anything). But your opinion is respected..
To be honest, I don't know what to make of it.
The track record and reputation are not exactly pristine - so scrutiny is utterly prudent. An undated letter addressed to 'Rozzer' mentioning current events in an overly-familiar manner might be real, but it also fits with a fantasist's pattern of behaviour. If they are that close as pals, that doesn't help explain some previous auctions. I don't think I want to go down that rabbit hole.
I've given up on signatures now as I recently met a digital artist who 'makes' Oasis signatures on the side and there is zero way to tell them apart from real ones as the digital template combined with real ink is pretty flawless - so unless I see uber provenance I'm not touching it!
The turns of phrase are a bit overly Morrissey too, but not enough to say for sure. I'm certain the back story is very interesting...
I'd have been happier if it was addressed to someone else and he'd bought it to sell thereafter.
What do you think?
Regards,
FWD.

you are a pretty wise and smart guy, all things said: Norman is a fantasist. and a pest.

To be honest, I don't know what to make of it.
The track record and reputation are not exactly pristine - so scrutiny is utterly prudent. An undated letter addressed to 'Rozzer' mentioning current events in an overly-familiar manner might be real, but it also fits with a fantasist's pattern of behaviour. If they are that close as pals, that doesn't help explain some previous auctions. I don't think I want to go down that rabbit hole.
I've given up on signatures now as I recently met a digital artist who 'makes' Oasis signatures on the side and there is zero way to tell them apart from real ones as the digital template combined with real ink is pretty flawless - so unless I see uber provenance I'm not touching it!
The turns of phrase are a bit overly Morrissey too, but not enough to say for sure. I'm certain the back story is very interesting...
I'd have been happier if it was addressed to someone else and he'd bought it to sell thereafter.
What do you think?
Regards,
FWD.

I really can’t add anymore or put it any better. So I’ll just say, it’s shit, it’s trying to hard to force the point home, says it loud and clear, too loud and clear, “ITS MY JACKET GUYS, TRUST ROSS AND BUY IT” that’s your basic translation right there!
Couple of over the top Morrissey’isms chucked in for good measure, dear ol’blighty, Sounds like a f***in parody of a Morrissey letter.

View attachment 46168 View attachment 46169 View attachment 46170

Regards,
FWD.
So we are asked to believe that Morrissey wrote to Ross Norman completely out of the blue, just to ask whether he still had his jacket, so that he could give him his blessing to sell it? Now, had Ross written to Morrissey to ask permission, the wording would have been quite different - 'Oh yes, I remember that jacket'/'I didn't realise you still had it' etc. Or more likely, 'Who are you?'

But no, apparently Morrissey is sitting in LA perusing the inventory of every keepsake Ross has ever acquired and is suddenly gripped by the concern that he should be cashing in on their market value.

I understand you want to remain neutral on this, FWD, but I must say I think you were on the nail with 'fantasist'. That letter is a total work of fiction littered with basic mistakes and try-hard, pound-shop Morrisseyisms. The irony is the jacket might even be genuine, for all we know. But the letter most definitely isn't.

Last edited:
So we are expected to believe that Morrissey wrote to Ross Norman completely out of the blue, just to ask whether he still had his jacket, so that he could give him his blessing to sell it? Because had Ross written to Morrissey to ask permission, the wording would have been quite different. ('Oh yes, I remember that jacket'/'I didn't realise you still had it' etc.). But no, apparently Morrissey is sitting in LA perusing the inventory of every keepsake Ross has ever acquired and is suddenly gripped by the concern that he should be cashing in on their market value.

I understand you want to remain neutral on this, FWD, but I must say I think you were on the nail with 'fantasist'. That letter is a total work of fiction littered with basic mistakes and try-hard, pound-shop Morrisseyisms. The irony is the jacket might even be genuine, for all we know. But the letter most definitely isn't.

Exactly lol , Moz just sitting there one evening and thinking , I better print a letter out to ross Norman and not only ask about my old jacket, but implore him to sell it. It’s the most blatant bullshit letter ever, just apropos of nothing, “do you still have my jacket” lollllll :lbf::lbf: Hilarious, but on serious note, Ross must be mentally ill.

Oh what doesn't everyone here get frequent letters from Morrissey. He wrote to me the other day asking for his dentures back.

Exactly lol , Moz just sitting there one evening and thinking , I better print a letter out to ross Norman and not only ask about my old jacket, but implore him to sell it. It’s the most blatant bullshit letter ever, just apropos of nothing, “do you still have my jacket” lollllll :lbf::lbf: Hilarious, but on serious note, Ross must be mentally ill.
Honestly, I try not to get triggered about too much on here (God knows it's sometimes hard) but this stuff makes my blood boil. I hate liars and I hate the idea of someone cheating people for a living. In fact, not just cheating anyone, but cheating vulnerable people (because let's face it, anyone desperate enough to believe that's real has to be vulnerable). But you're probably right, he's perhaps mentally ill.

Last edited:
I swear on my $ childrens lives that this is legit. Stay tuned for some shocking Moz news.

Crykey poppycock bull ox mate! You dis-loyal lazy foreigner Brits will do anything to try and make a buck off of All American Irish Catholic Air Morrissey. First Air Morrissey is not going to call his hometown "La La land". He probably gave away that ugly brown jacket to St. Vincent De Paul in Malibu anyway. I ye reckon Air Morrissey is signed with Nike and could not wear it anyway and I know Air Morrissey's over 50 basketball team he runs with at the Venice Beach Courts is outfitted by Nike mate inn n nn nn n nn it.

Moz Nike.jpg

I heard about the prostate from a crew member I met at the airport by chance.

I very much doubt anyone would tell you anything, considering you are described as a pest by the same crew. in fact, aren't you told to give gigs a wide berth?

This item is fake ,
The loops on the letter R are staggered you can see where the pen has stopped and started again ,
Also the jacket for sale is BLACK and the one moz is wearing is BROWN !!!!! FFS

Utter bollocks, but the letter is hilarious . Love the hesitation on the R loops in the signature

Back
Top Bottom