Morrissey: Orpheum Theatre - Phoenix, AZ. announced (May 10, 2022)

full

Morrissey is coming to Orpheum Theatre in Phoenix AX on May 10th! www.luckymanonline.com

(Image used: The Bowery Boys)

Last edited by a moderator:
Moz on the road again doing what he loves. Good.

This time he might as well go see the Grand Canyon.
Yah it occured to me that in a lot of ways it must be great to be an artist like Moz. He can top up the bank account by doing the odd concert like this. I'm not saying that's the reason he does it but it must be amazing to play for 90 mins and pocket a good few thousand doing the very thing you love doing. That said, I have no idea how much profit Moz would pocket from one concert like this. Whatever it is it's more than the average person would make in a year I'd say?

Yah it occured to me that in a lot of ways it must be great to be an artist like Moz. He can top up the bank account by doing the odd concert like this. I'm not saying that's the reason he does it but it must be amazing to play for 90 mins and pocket a good few thousand doing the very thing you love doing. That said, I have no idea how much profit Moz would pocket from one concert like this. Whatever it is it's more than the average person would make in a year I'd say?
30k, no questions asked.

It makes sense that Moz would want to play a warm-up date before doing Cruel World festival. The big question now is whether he is going to do a few more US dates in late May/June to fill the gap before Vegas. It would certainly be the logical thing to do, even if it was just half a dozen shows.
Well, yes, there was always gonna be some kind of warm up
he then has the Vegas ticket
I dare say , he wants to keep them sweet for future bookings , so Im not sure he will do anymore giigs in the Cali area until after those . He wants to sell tickets .. Im not sure he is selling out , i maybe wrong

But im guessing, I have no access to his diary

Yes!!! But let Moz know that the south south also exists and by the way that he will know Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego Argentina!!!! Turn south where you are waiting for tour to the south of the planet Moz. Argentina has a song called media Verónica by Andrés Calamaro but this veronica is silly so it is half Verónica ja ja ja ja

I really wonder what happened to the announced shows in Poland? Now America again, the country that celebrates its stars uncritically and asks no unpleasant questions. Pure star cult, what Morrissey demands most of all. No permanent confrontation with one's own "unfortunate" statements. This will surely mobilize the last remnant of the quickly euphoric lemmings and hopefully bring a new objective report from LaDodwell. Let the games begin.

two new songs like the last time.i am V being one of them,should be a gimme.
looks like the world is slowly getting back to normal,restricted travel looks like a thing of the past,not jumping the gun obviously.will be good for M to get back to doing what he does best.
How superficial and unconcerned do you have to be, to talk about "normality" in 2022 and worry about unimportant things such as travel restrictions? If your favorite artist had balls (fake scars anyone?), he would travel to Poland and play a free concert at the border to Ukraine, where he can sing his "protest n peace" song. But in 2022, nobody is interested in what he has to say about it and he could be misunderstood (again). So rather the USA. Lovely! Hooray!

Last edited:
That’s a cool poster! I assume Morrissey sees those six guys as himself and his band? 🙂

Last edited:
two new songs like the last time.i am V being one of them,should be a gimme.
looks like the world is slowly getting back to normal,restricted travel looks like a thing of the past,not jumping the gun obviously.will be good for M to get back to doing what he does best.

Yep ….

What the world needs now, is Moz sweet Moz. :rock::)

My Norwegian dad grew up in Little Norway in Bay Ridge Brooklyn in the 30s and 40s and had the thick accent where you pronounce birds as boids. "Ehh look at dat boid". He said he was able to drop the accent in high school. You'd want to. It would come back after mucho beers though. That accent disappeared altogether from Brooklyn in the 60s. Later in life I would call him Bowery Boy and he'd smile. Bowery Boys were always on TV on weekend afternoons in the 60s but I rarely watched. That's OK, I'm going to watch them all now. Some of those guys were hot and really funny. So glad about that new gig and look forward to hearing new and old work. We never heard much Dog. Mozz amazes me. Amaze- balls.

How superficial and unconcerned do you have to be, to talk about "normality" in 2022 and worry about unimportant things such as travel restrictions? If your favorite artist had balls (fake scars anyone?), he would travel to Poland and play a free concert at the border to Ukraine, where he can sing his "protest n peace" song. But in 2022, nobody is interested in what he has to say about it and he could be misunderstood (again). So rather the USA. Lovely! Hooray!

you fav artist, :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: no free concert for Ukraine:guapimo:
not that anyone would attend.:handsopen:

:hammer:

Hope he comes east at some point this year. I've retired from flying to see Morrissey but New England/New York, please. Really hope he books some nights at the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC (was planned for March 2020...). The residency there in 2007 was an experience I'll always loook back on fondly.

Official:

Screenshot_20220419-170550~3.png

Screenshot_20220419-174055~2.png

Uh oh, Violent Femmes are the same night in Phoenix. That might cut into the Morrissey audience attendance. They are both at Cruel World.

Best draw for this show, is that there's a very strong possibility we'll get a new song (or two) debuted live. Must be a good chance 'I Am Veronica' gets it's first ever outing ahead of Vegas. Hopefully some kind soul can record the audio and post it?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom