Votes: 3 3.0%
  • One of the live albums or compilations

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other: please specify

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters

Kewpie

Subscriber
In 2005 Uncut magazine organised serise of live shows by bands and artists to play their old album entirely by order.

If Morrissey would have asked to do the similar project, which album he should play?

Thank you for voting. :)

I guess ROTT might get the lowest votes because it's too early to revisit the album.

Last edited:
Re: Morrissey on Uncut: Don't Look Back session

I haven't decided between Arsenal and Vauxhall, hang on, Southpaw and Maladjusted are also very tempting.

Need more time to decide. :o

I voted for Vauxhall. It's not my favorite album (Viva Hate is), but it's the one that I think would be most effective live. And ending the show with "Speedway"? Perfect.

I think I agree with you on this 100%. While it would be a dream to see Viva Hate live, I just don't think the pace and mood of it is fitting for a crowd of people who would be yelling football chants after Margaret in the Guillotine, whereas at the end of Speedway the room would be energized. Good call.

Obviously Vauxhall & I from start to finish would be a great choice but it would have to be with the band that actually recorded it. It would be ruined being performed by his current crop of session players...

I'm like NRITH; Viva Hate is my favorite album, but Vauxhall would be stunning. :guitar:

Well, the dream would be for Messrs. Morrissey & Marr to get together and perform The Queen is Dead.

None. I don't like the idea as I think it destroys the excitement of the concert experience.

OK then...

I DO actually like these gigs. I saw the Stooges play 'Fun House' at Hammersmith Odeon a couple of years ago.

They played the whole LP then another 'hits' set. They were bloody brilliant!

(Sorry to keep mentioning other artists I know it's slightly frowned upon here)

I think Vauxhall would be best but I had to vote for Tormentors because I couldn't bear to see it with zero votes.

Right... I get me coat

Good Poll

Any of the first four would be great but in the end went for Vauxhall and I. Viva Hate would be a very clsoe second.

I know the Smyths have played complete albums sets before now!

Vauxhall & I because I think it's the best album of Morrissey (The Smiths's album included)

Back
Top Bottom