Morrissey on "The Tonight Show" with Jimmy Fallon (June 25, 2015) - reminder / reports

Morrissey is the scheduled music guest on "The Tonight Show" with Jimmy Fallon tonight (June 25, 2015)

• Photos (7 total) - Getty Images. Link posted by ~El Boydelz~.

fallon.jpg
  • From docinwestchester:

All 3 segments:

teaser:
    https://vimeo.com/131844055

Kiss Me A Lot:
    https://vimeo.com/131845871

closing:
    https://vimeo.com/131846476
  • Morrissey makes it through entire Fallon performance without canceling - Consequence of Sound

Related item:

Last edited:
So although Jesse isn't very professional at his trade ! (again and again )

Oh, come on, where did I say that Jesse isn't professional or is guilty? Love this guy, some problems with sound mixing weren't his fault.

Last edited:
It's a very weak song to be honest ! Come on !
His writing is at its absolute worst, it really is.
The trumpet, flamenco experiment has been a huge tit-flop. No surprise that Harvest showed him the door, just imagine being a fly on the wall when they got their ears on his self proclaimed " follow up to viva hate" ! Stephen Street must rock himself to sleep laughing every time he hears that comment.
It's hard to see who is taking the piss out of who these days ! Does Steven take the piss of the band or does the band of Steven ? I don't know.
This act could do with a good rest to sort itself out and decide what direction it's going in, at the moment it's a confused tour whore that makes no sense just churning out poor new songs and very poor renditions of old songs. It's just so boring and keeps going round and 4kin round. Are we animal friendly ? Are we vegan ? Or are we just vegetarian ? (Sounds like a Killers song).
There IS an audience for this "act" ( and it is an act ) But it needs to get its shit together big time !
Take time out ! Learn to write those songs again ! Man up and don't be afraid to call people up like Stephen Street , Andrew Perrasi, Alan Whyte, Ghost of BB, J B C , Myself or Skinny. (Love to Vinny).
Firefly ? F Y F Festival ? No explanation ! No compromise ! And no takers when I challenged these barbecue friendly performances ! Not one person replied to explain the reason for these performances ! " Do you care ? Do you care ? WELL ! ! ! ! Do you ?
DO YOU 4CK ! ! !

If you cared you would back me and others on here calling for Silly Steven to brought in for questioning on his so called animal rights.

I'll always be ! I'll always be ! I'll always be a bastard in Silly Stevens eyes !

Thankyou for reading ! You've been great !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I quite like the song but it's nothing like he has written in the past. To your point regarding taking a break, one of my other favourite bands, James, started knocking out ok albums, the crowds stated to wane and and the venues they played were more often the academy's.

They did as you say, took a bit of time out and came back with the brilliant La Petite Mort and guess what, they were suddenly playing the arena circuit again.

Shows that things can change when proper effort is put in.

I quite like the song but it's nothing like he has written in the past. To your point regarding taking a break, one of my other favourite bands, James, started knocking out ok albums, the crowds stated to wane and and the venues they played were more often the academy's.

They did as you say, took a bit of time out and came back with the brilliant La Petite Mort and guess what, they were suddenly playing the arena circuit again.

Exactly. I was going to try and include that reference but it got lost as I went on.
It's a really good comeback, so fresh just what all James fans needed as you say.
It's sunny have a great wknd.

Let's put it this way. The shirt is all right for such a television setting. The hairdresser is also finally doing his job, even though he should perhaps not treated Morrissey's hair with colour that washes out, which it pretty much has by now. He is also finally moving his ass and in fact whole body. Morrissey I mean, not the hairdresser. I have found the way that he sings the song quite strange however, not just here, because I felt there is a lack of passion. THEN I wondered how tall Fallon is, looked him up. He has a wife! Why did somebody type here that he is gay? Had a look at his wife's Wikipedia entry. She runs a production company together with Drew Barrymore! And how lovely Dew Barrymore's family looks, lucky her for having found herself such a handsome husband... Looked at the list of their production company's films. All right, liked that movie with Drew and that British actor, who played a washed up singer. lol And what's this? "He just isn't that much into you". Hmm... and off I went to watch the movie. I pretty quickly wondered if this is actually the movie to the whole Morrissey business. rofl Gee, that acting when the bar tender finally stands in front of the young woman's door and then kisses her so passionately, that was pretty good. One could feel the desperation... and sadly relate to it. Then back to the forum, another look at the Morrissey performance at the Fallon show and then.... ????!!!!!????!!!!!..... ok.... ah, now the way he sings it makes sense. So whom does he want to kiss so badly? It is not as if his several partners weren't readily available, is it? I now have to give this bar tender role another thought, because it is so.... strangely familiar what he did there in that movie. Of course it isn't helpful that the movie links him to the drummer in "Some kind of wonderful". *grump*

James are the band that I listened to when others listened to Morrissey. Never listened to Morrissey and The Smiths until I made the transition from James to Morrissey. I shreddered my James albums and haven't missed them ever since. In fact I find it quite something that given the level of nastiness that came from them and their fans, they seriously came to my country and had a full hour of their shitty festival performance aired on the money that I pay to the public television stations. It really takes something to be so nasty towards people from another country, have them compared with germs, use bad names yourself and then do as they did. That band obviously knows no boundaries. Would I go to any other concert of theirs or buy any of their albums? Of course not. Do I care that they play arenas in the UK? Nope. In fact, I regret little in my life, but that I wasted my time and money to listen to their music is something I regret the most. I am in fact very sure that if I had never listend to their music, my life would have been far happier. Through their music I internalised a mindset that had nothing, zero, nada to do with my life and the vast opportunities that I have had. That somebody like you would also claim that they are his favourite band, well, your nastiness sounds familiar, I am pretty sure you are one of the sickos who of course also use their forum.

It's a very weak song to be honest ! Come on !
His writing is at its absolute worst, it really is.
The trumpet, flamenco experiment has been a huge tit-flop. No surprise that Harvest showed him the door, just imagine being a fly on the wall when they got their ears on his self proclaimed " follow up to viva hate" ! Stephen Street must rock himself to sleep laughing every time he hears that comment.
It's hard to see who is taking the piss out of who these days ! Does Steven take the piss of the band or does the band of Steven ? I don't know.
This act could do with a good rest to sort itself out and decide what direction it's going in, at the moment it's a confused tour whore that makes no sense just churning out poor new songs and very poor renditions of old songs. It's just so boring and keeps going round and 4kin round. Are we animal friendly ? Are we vegan ? Or are we just vegetarian ? (Sounds like a Killers song).
There IS an audience for this "act" ( and it is an act ) But it needs to get its shit together big time !
Take time out ! Learn to write those songs again ! Man up and don't be afraid to call people up like Stephen Street , Andrew Perrasi, Alan Whyte, Ghost of BB, J B C , Myself or Skinny. (Love to Vinny).
Firefly ? F Y F Festival ? No explanation ! No compromise ! And no takers when I challenged these barbecue friendly performances ! Not one person replied to explain the reason for these performances ! " Do you care ? Do you care ? WELL ! ! ! ! Do you ?
DO YOU 4CK ! ! !

If you cared you would back me and others on here calling for Silly Steven to brought in for questioning on his so called animal rights.

I'll always be ! I'll always be ! I'll always be a bastard in Silly Stevens eyes !

Thankyou for reading ! You've been great !

You have a very valid point here Benny. Lay of the cheese and you are talking sane again ;)

Let's put it this way. The shirt is all right for such a television setting. The hairdresser is also finally doing his job, even though he should perhaps not treated Morrissey's hair with colour that washes out, which it pretty much has by now. He is also finally moving his ass and in fact whole body. Morrissey I mean, not the hairdresser. I have found the way that he sings the song quite strange however, not just here, because I felt there is a lack of passion. THEN I wondered how tall Fallon is, looked him up. He has a wife! Why did somebody type here that he is gay? Had a look at his wife's Wikipedia entry. She runs a production company together with Drew Barrymore! And how lovely Dew Barrymore's family looks, lucky her for having found herself such a handsome husband... Looked at the list of their production company's films. All right, liked that movie with Drew and that British actor, who played a washed up singer. lol And what's this? "He just isn't that much into you". Hmm... and off I went to watch the movie. I pretty quickly wondered if this is actually the movie to the whole Morrissey business. rofl Gee, that acting when the bar tender finally stands in front of the young woman's door and then kisses her so passionately, that was pretty good. One could feel the desperation... and sadly relate to it. Then back to the forum, another look at the Morrissey performance at the Fallon show and then.... ????!!!!!????!!!!!..... ok.... ah, now the way he sings it makes sense. So whom does he want to kiss so badly? It is not as if his several partners weren't readily available, is it? I now have to give this bar tender role another thought, because it is so.... strangely familiar what he did there in that movie. Of course it isn't helpful that the movie links him to the drummer in "Some kind of wonderful". *grump*

im guessing hes having fun referencing something with the stage shirts as theyre so costumey and he never dresses like that when he walks the street etc. i find it kinda fun and endearingly amusing that he could of course go up and look impressive in some obvious way but chooses not to (ya know for all those fans who love the deepness of his music and lyrics but end up talking about how he looks endlessly). guess hes acting his age in the best way possible or just wants to recreate late elvis for fun.

dont know why anyone thought fallon was gay, never heard that one before.

a short bit of praise for drew as she gets the stick a lot but is very good and has some interesting insight and commentary on movies in general. he thoughts on black beauty were spot on and she was great in confessions of a dangerous mind.

as to whom he wants to kiss whon knows, im still not convinced its not about audry hepburn as she made that quote which became the title of the song, was married in her back yard at her parents house io think and in roman holiday kisses a man next to a mausoleum. someone hinted pushed me in that direction but it works.

James are the band that I listened to when others listened to Morrissey. Never listened to Morrissey and The Smiths until I made the transition from James to Morrissey. I shreddered my James albums and haven't missed them ever since. In fact I find it quite something that given the level of nastiness that came from them and their fans, they seriously came to my country and had a full hour of their shitty festival performance aired on the money that I pay to the public television stations. It really takes something to be so nasty towards people from another country, have them compared with germs, use bad names yourself and then do as they did. That band obviously knows no boundaries. Would I go to any other concert of theirs or buy any of their albums? Of course not. Do I care that they play arenas in the UK? Nope. In fact, I regret little in my life, but that I wasted my time and money to listen to their music is something I regret the most. I am in fact very sure that if I had never listend to their music, my life would have been far happier. Through their music I internalised a mindset that had nothing, zero, nada to do with my life and the vast opportunities that I have had. That somebody like you would also claim that they are his favourite band, well, your nastiness sounds familiar, I am pretty sure you are one of the sickos who of course also use their forum.

Oh well that's your opinion and we respect it.
Have you listened to there latest album though ? Could you talk me through it then I know I can take you seriously ?
How anyone can say World Peace is on the same platform as La petite mort is just horse shit !
I know which ticket I would prefer in my Christmas stocking.
Please don't get me started, I'm on my way !

What song does he play? The Bullfighter Dies? What is he promoting - an album that can't be purchased? Ridiculous.
By the way - was present for Philadelphia - Second time I saw him there - (one cancellation) Meat is Murder is a joke - I dare him to play it tonight - he won't - but if you want to reach a major audience with your message...now is the time

Have you ever heard of Amazon or the countless other online stores? A premature baby could figure out how to buy World Peace. The world is full of crashing bores.

Bloody brilliant. Anyone who faults Moz's voice is tone deaf and should be stoned dead. I was in Boston all week but had to fly home Thurs night so I missed the TV show and have only seen it now. I thought Moz nailed it.

Bloody brilliant. Anyone who faults Moz's voice is tone deaf and should be stoned dead. I was in Boston all week but had to fly home Thurs night so I missed the TV show and have only seen it now. I thought Moz nailed it.

He did nail it. He's singing beautifully this tour - no doubt about it.

Oh, why can't people just be happy about Moz being seemingly happy and healthy and enjoying himself? We as Moz fans should know by now that we are sadly not always blessed with these things. With Moz they are not given. We should enjoy and embrace it as long as it lasts.

I commented the way I did because my sole interest in Morrissey is the music, be it on record, live or in a TV studio. Not his private life. I thought WPINOYB was an OK album last summer when it arrived but after seeing most of it live on numerous occasions I've come to the conclusion it is average at best. Some of the tracks have dated terribly and in concert do not translate well at all. I've listened to the CD maybe 3 times in 2015. The European tour last year killed it stone dead for me.
I'm fine with people wanting him to be happy and healthy, I do too, but that doesn't mean I'm going to just ignore bad performances and lazy songwriting. I think as an artist he would welcome criticism. What use is blind compliance from the fans? If we all accepted every performance as genius he could just sit on stage blowing Malboro smoke through a kazoo for 75 minutes and still receive a standing ovation.

I commented the way I did because my sole interest in Morrissey is the music, be it on record, live or in a TV studio. Not his private life. I thought WPINOYB was an OK album last summer when it arrived but after seeing most of it live on numerous occasions I've come to the conclusion it is average at best. Some of the tracks have dated terribly and in concert do not translate well at all. I've listened to the CD maybe 3 times in 2015. The European tour last year killed it stone dead for me.
I'm fine with people wanting him to be happy and healthy, I do too, but that doesn't mean I'm going to just ignore bad performances and lazy songwriting. I think as an artist he would welcome criticism. What use is blind compliance from the fans? If we all accepted every performance as genius he could just sit on stage blowing Malboro smoke through a kazoo for 75 minutes and still receive a standing ovation.

How interesting. I saw him 3 times in the European tour and thought those were the best gigs I've seen from him. Great, no scratch that, fantastic voice, tight band and I actually felt the songs from WPINOYB are better live. I am not alone in this opinion, but of course music a matter of taste - so I wont dispute you on that.

However his voice is top at the moment, and that is something no one can deny.

Hi Germ

I have no idea what you are going on about?

You can't love/be intrested his music without loving/be intrested him. He is his music. But i agree that i would not stand for a kazoo solo. Maybe for some backflips and him eating a apple, "mmm this is a juicy granny smith, did you know that thats where i came up with the name the smiths. "

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't love/be intrested his music without loving/be intrested him. He is his music. But i agree that i would not stand for a kazoo solo. Maybe for some backflips and him eating a apple, "mmm this is a juicy granny smith, did you know that thats where i came up with the name the smiths. "

:rofl:

you are baby :love:

p.s. in my world 'world peace' follows 'viva', i'm sure mr. street wouldn't be angry at all. :)

Back
Top Bottom