Morrissey on "The Tonight Show" with Jimmy Fallon (June 25, 2015) - reminder / reports

Morrissey is the scheduled music guest on "The Tonight Show" with Jimmy Fallon tonight (June 25, 2015)

• Photos (7 total) - Getty Images. Link posted by ~El Boydelz~.

fallon.jpg
  • From docinwestchester:

All 3 segments:

teaser:
    https://vimeo.com/131844055

Kiss Me A Lot:
    https://vimeo.com/131845871

closing:
    https://vimeo.com/131846476
  • Morrissey makes it through entire Fallon performance without canceling - Consequence of Sound

Related item:

Last edited:
I see your point.

I must add, however, that I only relate to Morrissey as an artist. From that point of view, I don't care if he's happy or not - in fact maybe he writes better songs when he feels miserable, which happens to many. As a person, I don't know him (and from what I read I doubt I would like him much).

Well, apparently you DON'T see my point. Let me say it in a way that it relates to you. "Oh, why can't people just be happy about Moz being seemingly happy and healthy and enjoying himself AS AN ARTIST?" Nitpicker ...

What the hell has he done to you on a personal level? Have you even met him?

I can't speak for Tynamuna but for me Jesse makes my ears bleed with his unique take on amp settings and power chords I also don't rate his tune attempts either, he's probably humasexual eye candy for Steven for all we know.
There must be some reason for him to exist in the line up.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

image.jpg
That scar is getting a life of its own :D. I have decided i Love that shirt :) btw did anyone else think he sounded a bit weird. Nevertheless it was a great performance happy and energetic. Splendid

View attachment 34307
That scar is getting a life of its own :D. I have decided i Love that shirt :) btw did anyone else think he sounded a bit weird. Nevertheless it was a great performance happy and energetic. Splendid

He looks like a baddie thunderbirds puppet. 'Evil Steve from planet CrankFraud plotting to steal milk from every cow in the world to build his cheese empire whilst pretending to be one of the good guys singing meat is murder.

Why did he scream "Gracias"!!!" at the end of the song? Are there Mexicans in NY too? I thought he just did this in California. I don't think Puerto Ricans are in to Morrissey.

But the Tonight Show has a national tv audience. He's not just speaking to people about to go to the NYC show, or to the people in the studio audience, he's speaking to any of his fanbase that tuned in from anywhere in the country. And the tour does wind up in California. And his latino audience is pretty stalwart. And the song has some Spanish-y elements in it. And it doesn't cost him anything to say gracias since every gringo also knows what it means.

But the Tonight Show has a national tv audience. He's not just speaking to people about to go to the NYC show, or to the people in the studio audience, he's speaking to any of his fanbase that tuned in from anywhere in the country. And the tour does wind up in California. And his latino audience is pretty stalwart. And the song has some Spanish-y elements in it. And it doesn't cost him anything to say gracias since every gringo also knows what it means.

And the "most annoying new member" award, goes to............

two things I can confirm -
1. Performance was great
2. Jesse's haircut is absolutely atrocious.

Agree, loved the singing and I'm not a jesse hater but he needs to just let the music flow. At some points in the video he looked like he had terrible trapped wind. Boz also had some odd facial expressions at various points. Bass player and drummer looked the part though

he should've sang Istanbul, its way better. and the V-necks are awesome.. cutting edge.

The music he plays now, says nothing to me about my life. These performances are shit, piss poor, sad to see morrissey this way. Just give up and go home

Then I guess we won't be hearing any more from you. Off you go then :)

Last edited:
I'm really disappointed I can't go. I had to sell my ticket because a work trip came up. Hopefully I'll still be in Chicago to make that show.

Work is an issue for me, too. I was actually thinking about Chicago, but I already have clients lined up on that day, so that's out. Hope you can make it! :)

Well, apparently you DON'T see my point. Let me say it in a way that it relates to you. "Oh, why can't people just be happy about Moz being seemingly happy and healthy and enjoying himself AS AN ARTIST?" Nitpicker ...

If that was the (rethorical) question, then I'd say because I couldn't care less if an artist is happy and enjoying himself - I do care about the artistic output. Even less so in the case of a man who despises the human race (me included I guess) and that probably thinks I should be ashamed on so many levels. His concept of happiness and enjoyment is alien to me. In my teen years, I could relate to his existentialism and isolation. Nowadays, I'd have to be a militant vegan and hate the Royals to have the beginning of a conversation with him. Because all I care about is his work, all other considerations will not compensate for any shortcomings in performance - he is not a member of my family or a dear friend. But I still respect him as the great artist he is/was.

In my opinion, Jesse's guitar tone in the video is that of a 15-year old who just bought his first guitar. This is all I said - thinking that this space was to comment on the performance. If that makes me a 'hater', then that's ok.

It's a very weak song to be honest ! Come on !
His writing is at its absolute worst, it really is.
The trumpet, flamenco experiment has been a huge tit-flop. No surprise that Harvest showed him the door, just imagine being a fly on the wall when they got their ears on his self proclaimed " follow up to viva hate" ! Stephen Street must rock himself to sleep laughing every time he hears that comment.
It's hard to see who is taking the piss out of who these days ! Does Steven take the piss of the band or does the band of Steven ? I don't know.
This act could do with a good rest to sort itself out and decide what direction it's going in, at the moment it's a confused tour whore that makes no sense just churning out poor new songs and very poor renditions of old songs. It's just so boring and keeps going round and 4kin round. Are we animal friendly ? Are we vegan ? Or are we just vegetarian ? (Sounds like a Killers song).
There IS an audience for this "act" ( and it is an act ) But it needs to get its shit together big time !
Take time out ! Learn to write those songs again ! Man up and don't be afraid to call people up like Stephen Street , Andrew Perrasi, Alan Whyte, Ghost of BB, J B C , Myself or Skinny. (Love to Vinny).
Firefly ? F Y F Festival ? No explanation ! No compromise ! And no takers when I challenged these barbecue friendly performances ! Not one person replied to explain the reason for these performances ! " Do you care ? Do you care ? WELL ! ! ! ! Do you ?
DO YOU 4CK ! ! !

If you cared you would back me and others on here calling for Silly Steven to brought in for questioning on his so called animal rights.

I'll always be ! I'll always be ! I'll always be a bastard in Silly Stevens eyes !

Thankyou for reading ! You've been great !

Although Jesse's guitar was too loud and rough and really put a crimp in listening, although it seemed to me that Moz didn't hear the band well till the chorus... It was great to see him (especially on TV, in a good mood and in a good voice singing this catchy thing)! Moz looked like a X-mas tree - with a lot of garlands... sorry, chains :lbf: tinsel, tinsel everywhere, children's smiles, a spirit of holiday... Una vez más de cantar "Bésame mucho"... y yo lo haré sin dudas :p

Although Jesse's guitar was too loud and rough and really put a crimp in listening, although it seemed to me that Moz didn't hear the band well till the chorus... It was great to see him (especially on TV, in a good mood and in a good voice singing this catchy thing)! Moz looked like a X-mas tree - with a lot of garlands... sorry, chains :lbf: tinsel, tinsel everywhere, children's smiles, a spirit of holiday... Una vez más de cantar "Bésame mucho"... y yo lo haré sin dudas :p

So although Jesse isn't very professional at his trade ! (again and again )

I rest my case !

Help me ! Help you ! Help me ! Help you ! (Bashes head against wall at jackhammer speed on full S D S hammer action)

My head hurts badder dan de baddest gangster in da baddest gangsta hood for real ?

Help me God !

benny the butcher- you are one mentally ill motherf***er. you seriously stalk this site to talk shit on someone you supposedly hate.

you don't hate him, you f***in love him. if you didn't you wouldn't keep coming back here to post your shit.

seriously get on some meds you f***in whacko.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom