Morrissey on the PETA postage stamp

Morrissey is featured in PETA's Famous Vegetarians postage stamp series - true-to-you.net

Excerpt:

Morrissey says: "I am delighted beyond words to be a PETA postage stamp. The rise and rise of PETA is the rise of common sense in modern society. Join the aims of PETA and join a better world."

morrissey_postage_stamp_01.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
In the past Morrissey has compared the meat industry to the Holocaust. He has said there is no difference. But, hypothetically speaking, would somebody who was vehemently opposed to the extermination of the Jews have accepted money from a German business that sold matresses stuffed with concentation camp victims hair? Or peddled bars of soap made from the boiled down fat of Jews gassed in Auschwitz? If the person had any principles the answer would be no.

Yet Morrissey accepts money from a company that peddles leather sofas and Christmas turkeys. I therefore think it an insult to those who take a principled stance against the abuse of animals for PETA to feature this unprincipled hypocrite on one of their stamps.

Shame on you, Morrissey.

For the sake of balance you have to remember that the John Lewis ad going to provide an equal cash boost to Johnny Marr, a vegan. They are effectively singing from the same hymn sheet:

heifer whines
could be human cries
but - what the heck! -
here's my fat paycheck!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom