Morrissey on The One Show 16th February

Re: Morrissey on The One Show tonight at 7pm!!!

Yes that's me :) Although my hair is light brown, must've been the lighting that made it look ginger (this happens a lot in artificial light!)! Haha that's my friend on _shot, she asked me earlier which shade of lipstick I had on so she isn't a lipstick expert! :p

I have depression, that's why I can't work, but I find doing something creative helps me free my mind a little bit and makes me concentrate on something other than my depression. Of course this probably wouldn't help the type of people they were on about in the report :p

How did you secure a standing spot at the studio then?

I didn't see the One Show, but I have to say that the comment as reported about taking up painting + the Wrestle with Russell and the lyrics in YoR and the sleeve of Paris "Follow Your Dream" all add up to sound advice to my way of thinking. Here I am with a white-collar job and no creative outlet to speak of and I'm thinking, "yes, follow your dream; but take time to dream in the first place". Seems like I've had years of refual to do anything like following a dream. The people who've posted on the One Show listing about "I've always wanted to work" seem to me as though they never had a dream.

How did you secure a standing spot at the studio then?
I wasn't at the studio, I was interviewed outside of broadcasting house before the Radio 2 gig. I'm assuming you asked that because I have depression? Bit of a strange question really.

I had the most bizarre dream. I dreamt that some old farmer from Co. Mayo advised me to take up painting. He said "look, I painted tat", then showed me his thumb, and I said, "don't tell me you managed to do that yourself? Did it take you the whole week-end?". He said, "Well why doesn't everyone become a painter and make a living that way?" I said "Wow, did your ma drop you recently? If people can't buy houses, where would they hang the bloody paintings?" Then before I started pulling what was left of his hair, I woke up, and realized I had downloaded all the uninteresting bits and the bit I wanted to see ("the stuff you can persuade your body to do". Luv those things) was not in them.

Note to hosts: Next time you mention "kids to feed", leave ample time for the old farmer to softly say "Kids? What are they? Why have them?". Having said that, he'll then probably fall asleep. Let him. Anybody will tell you he needs to rest. People that age shouldn't be left in a hot TV studio for too long. At least open a window next time, and provide drinks (no, no alcohol).

Also, when Irish rural folks say something you don't understand, don't freeze, just say "awwww", or sigh in a ladylike manner, like the lady did. - That was nice and polite: You're scoring high with old ladies in Altrincham (maybe).

note to technicians: Old Irish farmers have a tendency to fold their arms defensively when asked about, well, anything really. Make sure you don't fasten the mike to his jacket. He's bound to hit it. (I keep warning sound technicians about that: the shoelaces is the place you want. And that's not totally safe either)(although with age he's getting less flexible).

That dream was a scary reminder that time makes you all Mellow :eek::sick::tears: and that some people can go straight from kid to old person without ever doing the middle bit.:eek: That's weirder than Michael Jackson. They should lecture at Uni about that. I too wanna learn how you skip being an adult :horny:...:( It's too late...

Lovely teeth, Crimes.

Thanks, i didn't know about that until you just posted. thank you. Was it a large audience?
Hmm, according to the venue website the venue holds 310 people. It was quite a small venue and the seats were very close to the stage. I was upstairs in the balcony section.

Hmm, according to the venue website the venue holds 310 people. It was quite a small venue and the seats were very close to the stage. I was upstairs in the balcony section.

I would prefered to see a gig like that. You are very lucky to see M in a venue that size. BTW i was eating my spring rolls and stir veg while you was on the telly...well all of 20 secs you was on. So i guess i didn't eat that much in the time you was on the telly:blushing:

I would prefered to see a gig like that. You are very lucky to see M in a venue that size. BTW i was eating my spring rolls and stir veg while you was on the telly...well all of 20 secs you was on. So i guess i didn't eat that much in the time you was on the telly:blushing:
I felt very privileged to be there :)
Oooh yummy!

I understand that you're taking the piss since my teeth are awful so thanks.

:eek: I bloody well wasn't! I just noted you looked nice! And about the teeth well it just seemed to me that everyone had teeth... except one old person.

Oh dear. "Let's just all just talk about unemployment" :o

:eek: I bloody well wasn't! I just noted you looked nice! And about the teeth well it just seemed to me that everyone had teeth... except one old person.

Oh dear. "Let's just all just talk about unemployment" :o
I don't think we should talk about employment either :o

Anyway, I apologise. :crazy: to myself. :o

I had the most bizarre dream. I dreamt that some old farmer from Co. Mayo advised me to take up painting. He said "look, I painted tat", then showed me his thumb, and I said, "don't tell me you managed to do that yourself? Did it take you the whole week-end?". He said, "Well why doesn't everyone become a painter and make a living that way?" I said "Wow, did your ma drop you recently? If people can't buy houses, where would they hang the bloody paintings?" Then before I started pulling what was left of his hair, I woke up, and realized I had downloaded all the uninteresting bits and the bit I wanted to see ("the stuff you can persuade your body to do". Luv those things) was not in them.

Note to hosts: Next time you mention "kids to feed", leave ample time for the old farmer to softly say "Kids? What are they? Why have them?". Having said that, he'll then probably fall asleep. Let him. Anybody will tell you he needs to rest. People that age shouldn't be left in a hot TV studio for too long. At least open a window next time, and provide drinks (no, no alcohol).

Also, when Irish rural folks say something you don't understand, don't freeze, just say "awwww", or sigh in a ladylike manner, like the lady did. - That was nice and polite: You're scoring high with old ladies in Altrincham (maybe).

note to technicians: Old Irish farmers have a tendency to fold their arms defensively when asked about, well, anything really. Make sure you don't fasten the mike to his jacket. He's bound to hit it. (I keep warning sound technicians about that: the shoelaces is the place you want. And that's not totally safe either)(although with age he's getting less flexible).

That dream was a scary reminder that time makes you all Mellow :eek::sick::tears: and that some people can go straight from kid to old person without ever doing the middle bit.:eek: That's weirder than Michael Jackson. They should lecture at Uni about that. I too wanna learn how you skip being an adult :horny:...:( It's too late...

Sir, I salute you.

Are you really sticking up for the job centre???

I've heard it all now!

no i was not sticking up for the job centre i was taking the piss out of the stupid woman who did the report on unemployment. Trust me as someone who has to go there every 2 weeks the word slick is not one that i would chose to describe it

no i was not sticking up for the job centre i was taking the piss out of the stupid woman who did the report on unemployment. Trust me as someone who has to go there every 2 weeks the word slick is not one that i would chose to describe it

haha your right there went to the one in gateshead a few months ago with a friend. The new decor is a coverup the clientel there was quite scarey, smelly drunks. But thats probably more of a social commentary of the areas near me.. not that a wont to be framed for generalising haha

I may be going too deep, here, but didn't anyone find the male presenter's comments strange? His comments, if anything, should have been more worthy of raised eyebrows than Morrissey's. He said that we should have sympathy for the white collar types who've never had to struggle- implying that it's somehow worse for them. What about the working class people who have less safety cushion, and are constantly having their hours reduced even in good times? Is it ok because they are supposed to be "used to" being short of money and underemployed?

To me, (I am not English) these comments seem to point to a strangely strong, almost caste-like approach to social class, an attitude I've seen in older English literature. I wouldn't have guessed this attitude still pervades English culture. Does it? Or am I just reading too deeply into the comments of a mindless TV presenter?

The one thing that always puzzles me when I see the One Show, is how Adrian Chiles manages to pull a bird like that! :D

just watched it on bbc i player, i thought it was funny as f***.

Sir, I salute you.

Oh!:blushing: But please call me "that darn dog" just like everybody else.

I've been thinking, did anybody in the vicinity of Manchester raise an eyebrow at the mention of Mr and Mrs Blow ("Blaho"? "Blouse?" "Bloh"? However you spell it) and their 398 unruly kids (not mentionned), the charming neighbours of the Morrissey gang? Sorry- family?:D

Sometimes I wonder if I dream all that. I'm not watching it a second time to check. No way.:mad:

At this point I'd take any job to get away from Irish farmers. Anything. Please help me. I'll wash your car with my tongue.

Honestly.( I paint very well but it's not the bloody point.)
(nah actually I just draw.) (Used to draw I mean). (Oh hell.:cool:)

Back
Top Bottom