Morrissey on The One Show 16th February

Re: Morrissey on The One Show tonight at 7pm!!!

It was fantastic and very funny :D - I liked how David Cameron apologised for being a great fan :lbf:

The fact Morrissey wished Thatcher had been killed in the Brighton bombing (as did many other) and hated her ( for good reason) shows how DUMB Cameron is. apparently there are photos of Cameron's office with Morrissey vinyls in it but there is no record player..ha..ha, it's all stage managed publicity

Moz was loving it! his child like shyness lol
i dont think he cares if we think hes sold out or doing shows we dont want him to ! hes on the tv and thats a good thing.
Hes mellowed with age and good luck to him.
I must admit it was a odd show to be on, but hes a diva and he makes the final choise! Nice to see him join in and not snub everything.

Just watched this on iplayer. Morrissey on good form, the presenters just didn't get him. When he said the unemployed should paint, that Christine just went 'hmm, mmm' :lbf: His reactions to that science muppet too, amusing is the word.

Frank Skinner, Jeremy Vine and Jo Brand liking Moz, I can deal with.

But, David Cameron..well, there really isn't enough vomit in the world, is there?

no time to write a post i am off to my rather slick job centre to sign on. It really is a pleasure nowadays so slick and smoke free. That stupid woman has not got a clue, thank heavens i only ever have to watch that show once.

no time to write a post i am off to my rather slick job centre to sign on. It really is a pleasure nowadays so slick and smoke free. That stupid woman has not got a clue, thank heavens i only ever have to watch that show once.

Are you really sticking up for the job centre???

I've heard it all now!

Who were the 'fans'

apart from Simon Armitage, Jo Brand, Frank Skinner, Jeremy Vine and Cameron?
The one with the red lipstick was me.

I think his painting advice was good advice. I'm unemployed but I blag myself through life "working" as a freelance photographer. Doing so has lead me to become a freelance photographer for a national magazine. So I really think his "be creative" advice was good advice!

with the cap and the ginger hair? Lovely!!

Someone over on _shot presumed it to be 'MAC's Russian Red'.
(Moz-fans don't stop at Moz-only related speculation).

I agree on the 'get creative' advice. (If people manage not to fall into depression.)
A good way to deal with emotions, ideas; enjoying the process and the product that has been all in your own control.

Last edited:

very amusing, those bemused looks at the end at the bloke with the braces. Priceless. As was the unemployment "controversy"

We were laughing quiate a lot. You either get it or you don't. A very dry funny man

I see someone who featured is demanding an apology.... FFS!!!

with the cap and the ginger hair? Lovely!!

Someone over on _shot presumed it to be 'MAC's Russian Red'.
(Moz-fans don't stop at Moz-only related speculation).

I agree on the 'get creative' advice. (If people manage not to fall into depression.)
A good way to deal with emotions, ideas; enjoying the process and the product that has been all in your own control.
Yes that's me :) Although my hair is light brown, must've been the lighting that made it look ginger (this happens a lot in artificial light!)! Haha that's my friend on _shot, she asked me earlier which shade of lipstick I had on so she isn't a lipstick expert! :p

I have depression, that's why I can't work, but I find doing something creative helps me free my mind a little bit and makes me concentrate on something other than my depression. Of course this probably wouldn't help the type of people they were on about in the report :p

Only a quote from me saying "you can never imagine him doing a butter advert..."

Peter

After a lengthy absence on these boards, it's warming to read you are still putting it about a bit, Peter :thumb:
Jo x

I see someone who featured is demanding an apology.... FFS!!!

I'm more offended that he didn't take the opportunity to tell Cameron to shove it. Now that would have been worth several years' licence fee.

The one with the red lipstick was me.

I think his painting advice was good advice. I'm unemployed but I blag myself through life "working" as a freelance photographer. Doing so has lead me to become a freelance photographer for a national magazine. So I really think his "be creative" advice was good advice!

I agree :thumb: And it makes me feel less guilty for applying to art college in "the present economic climate". :lbf:
Anyway, two of my friends (not Morrissey fans) watched this and thought he was hilarious, so I imagine that the deeply offended dole-queuers on the BBC message board are a small minority. My mum watched it and she said 'Is Morrissey always so friendly?' She wasn't being sarcastic. ;)

Back
Top Bottom