Morrissey on " The Graham Norton Show" (Oct. 27, 2017) - reminder / reports

Morrissey performs “Spent the day in bed” on The Graham Norton tomorrow (27th) - according to a press report on Emma Thompson.

Posted by ~El Boydelz~:

Posted by Shyness 1s nice:

41075_graham_norton_ss.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can’t understand why they’re not done in the live rendition, either. Gives the song some extra texture.
Yeah it's one of my favourite parts and songs are sung live they need whatever texture they can get. I especially love the delayed "Stop..."

I think the BBC Radio 6 show changed the campaign. They wanted to capitalise on that appearance maybe. It was probably too late to bring the release forward. It all seems to be going okay though. This is the most concentrated publicity drive I can remember. Don't forget when Suedehead hit the charts he went into hiding!!!
Right before the vocals start, Gustavo plays the last go-round of the keyboard riff in a staccato manner different than times we've heard it before.

What I'm wondering is why the band never worked out a more solid ending to the song. It's always the faux-fade, and most times it has left Moz grasping as to where to actually stop singing the "no bus" part.
I don't think Moz was grasping. I think he decides when he'll stop and doesn't give a damn what people think about it. And tries to make it different whenever he feels like it.

Hair looked good at the front. He needs to trim it on the sides and back, like the drummer. Get it neat.
What is he doing in this critical department? Now isn't the time to not give a shit about the little things. It takes ten minutes.
Fook. This isn't the 1990 video for November Spawned A Monster when Moz was in his prime. It's 2017 and its a miracle Moz has a record deal in an era of boring twats like cross eyed Ned Sheepshearin.

It's funny but Moz, who has for years bemoaned the fact that the UK (and Ireland and the rest of the world) has become Americanised, elects to pronounce 'news' as 'newz' during 'Spent the day in bed '. That's not how he grew up pronouncing it. Someone from the UK or Ireland would pronounce it as 'knews'. Next he'll be pronouncing Tuesday as 'toozday'. f*** that.

It's funny but Moz, who has for years bemoaned the fact that the UK (and Ireland and the rest of the world) has become Americanised, elects to pronounce 'news' as 'newz' during 'Spent the day in bed '. That's not how he grew up pronouncing it. Someone from the UK or Ireland would pronounce it as 'knews'. Next he'll be pronouncing Tuesday as 'toozday'. f*** that.

Everyday is like toothday :)

"Follically challenged". :)
I like that expression.
I am not challenged at all, follically or whatever.
I wish I was challenged in one way or the other. :(
I've often thought (and I don't mean this in any demeaning or crass way) that if reincarnation is a thing, I would love to be reborn with Down's syndrome. Only because folks with it are nearly all, without fail, completely happy, self assured, and enjoy life to the fullest. Next time, to hell with life's complexities.

Mandela effect, welcome to my world where loads of details have changed. The things they are able to do at Cern now.

I always felt there was something weird with Pilla's sister who set up the computers down there. Maybe she knows something that is hard to carry inside?

I get what what you're saying but you don't sing words how you do in day to day speech. Yes as said below pronouncing like nooz might've been a jab at the USA. I don't know.

Last edited:

Perhaps he thought particularly of American news as he wrote the song so THIS is why he pronounces it like that.

US’ influence on Morrissey has been already heard on Istanbul - the kid is mine instead of the child is mine; seems he uses only « kid » now.

Oh come on. I'm a follically challenged gentleman myself. I wish I had as much hair as Morrissey. :lbf:
I'm becoming as bald as a monkeys arse as well.larry david here I come.

Don't mancunians use the term kid also?
Maybe. I always thought his use of 'kid' on Istanbul was out of place and false, displaying a lack of empathy. A man finding his son's dead body would not use the word 'kid'. Child, son, name perhaps. But not 'kid'. I know it's only a song but it hit a false note for me. Still love the song though.

This is the full show, I don't know if it was posted previously.
I couldn't put my eyes out of Adam Sandler's shirt, something very strange was going on there, and then Emma Thompson made a reference about it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom