Morrissey on " The Graham Norton Show" (Oct. 27, 2017) - reminder / reports

Morrissey performs “Spent the day in bed” on The Graham Norton tomorrow (27th) - according to a press report on Emma Thompson.

Posted by ~El Boydelz~:

Posted by Shyness 1s nice:

41075_graham_norton_ss.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
What a dull bunch of guests. Dustin Hoffman cancelled. No wonder Moz refused to sit on the couch.

I agree. Norton usually has decent guests but last night the lineup was poor. I’ve never seen Clara Delevingne before. Very odd.

Best live version so far I'd say but I would still like some live backing vocals like the studio cut.

Can anyone confirm that the band were live?
His vocals clearly were, but the rest was very Top of the Pops/pretend drum playing/backing track to me.
Regards,
FWD.

Can anyone confirm that the band were live?
His vocals clearly were, but the rest was very Top of the Pops/pretend drum playing/backing track to me.
Regards,
FWD.

Right before the vocals start, Gustavo plays the last go-round of the keyboard riff in a staccato manner different than times we've heard it before.

What I'm wondering is why the band never worked out a more solid ending to the song. It's always the faux-fade, and most times it has left Moz grasping as to where to actually stop singing the "no bus" part.

That said, each time they play it, they do seem to use some degree of backing/pre-recorded synth, as Gustavo is only ever playing the electric piano line, and there is that funk, filtered synth line going on in the background.

The mix wasn't good, a lack of natural reverb on his voice and everything else, everything was awkwardly mixed. It probably sounded better being in the room, you can't fault him and the bands.

Hair looked good at the front. He needs to trim it on the sides and back, like the drummer. Get it neat.
What is he doing in this critical department? Now isn't the time to not give a shit about the little things. It takes ten minutes.

Hair looked good at the front. He needs to trim it on the sides and back, like the drummer. Get it neat.
What is he doing in this critical department? Now isn't the time to not give a shit about the little things. It takes ten minutes.
Now if he did that, then he wouldn't have any left to brush over the top.

*ducks to avoid thrown objects*

Oh come on. I'm a follically challenged gentleman myself. I wish I had as much hair as Morrissey. :lbf:

"Follically challenged". :)
I like that expression.
I am not challenged at all, follically or whatever.
I wish I was challenged in one way or the other. :(

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom