Morrissey on the death of Margaret Thatcher, the press - statement at TTY

Margaret Thatcher - true-to-you.net
9 April 2013

The difficulty with giving a comment on Margaret Thatcher's death to the British tabloids is that, no matter how calmly and measuredly you speak, the comment must be reported as an "outburst" or an "explosive attack" if your view is not pro-establishment. If you reference "the Malvinas", it will be switched to "the Falklands", and your "Thatcher" will be softened to a "Maggie." This is generally how things are structured in a non-democratic society. Thatcher's name must be protected not because of all the wrong that she had done, but because the people around her allowed her to do it, and therefore any criticism of Thatcher throws a dangerously absurd light on the entire machinery of British politics. Thatcher was not a strong or formidable leader. She simply did not give a shit about people, and this coarseness has been neatly transformed into bravery by the British press who are attempting to re-write history in order to protect patriotism. As a result, any opposing view is stifled or ridiculed, whereas we must all endure the obligatory praise for Thatcher from David Cameron without any suggestion from the BBC that his praise just might be an outburst of pro-Thatcher extremism from someone whose praise might possibly protect his own current interests. The fact that Thatcher ignited the British public into street-riots, violent demonstrations and a social disorder previously unseen in British history is completely ignored by David Cameron in 2013. In truth, of course, no British politician has ever been more despised by the British people than Margaret Thatcher. Thatcher's funeral on Wednesday will be heavily policed for fear that the British tax-payer will want to finally express their view of Thatcher. They are certain to be tear-gassed out of sight by the police.

United Kingdom? Syria? China? What's the difference?

Morrissey
9 April 2013

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Morrissey on the death of Margaret Thatcher, the press - statement at TT

Morrissey left the UK for LA and attained American citizenship, to avoid paying the money awarded to Mike Joyce in the High Court. Morrissey also signed over all his UK properties to his family so that they could not be seized in lieu of said non-payment. I'm on Morrissey's side over the court case.

As for Andy Rourke debt problems maybe the reason he moved to New York. I heard he has had some debt problems in the past. I know rich people have off shore accounts to avoid paying tax and Swiss bank accounts. But I doubt Andy Rourke is on that level of wealth.

Can you post any sources for this information?

Re: Article: Morrissey on the death of Margaret Thatcher, the press - statement at TT

Can you post any sources for this information?

Many anonymous posts are either speculations / rumour.

I don't think Morrissey applied for US citizenship.

Southern Ireland is a tax haven if you are an artist/writer/musician and Morrissey has spent quite a bit of time there.
Hardly anytime at all really, especially campaired to years in London and LA, 1 minute.

Last edited:

Morrissey left the UK for LA and attained American citizenship, to avoid paying the money awarded to Mike Joyce in the High Court. Morrissey also signed over all his UK properties to his family so that they could not be seized in lieu of said non-payment. I'm on Morrissey's side over the court case.

As for Andy Rourke debt problems maybe the reason he moved to New York. I heard he has had some debt problems in the past. I know rich people have offshore accounts to avoid paying tax and Swiss bank accounts. But I doubt Andy Rourke is on that level of wealth.
I doubt Morrissey would have an offshore bank account and I don't think he attained American citizenship. If Andy Rourke had debt problems it's probably because he was stupid about how he spent his money, no good at managing his money and maybe he spent some of that money on drugs. Andy Rourke in fact has made quite a bit of money over the years and should be comfortably off by now like Mike Joyce.

Morrissey has spent most time in Manchester/Cheshire, London, Ireland, LA and Rome. But I don't think he is a Roman Catholic anymore.

Johnny Marr has spent most time in Manchester/Cheshire, London, Ireland, LA and Portland.

I doubt Morrissey would have an offshore bank account and I don't think he attained American citizenship. If Andy Rourke had debt problems it's probably because he was stupid about how he spent his money, no good at managing his money and maybe he spent some of that money on drugs. Andy Rourke in fact has made quite a bit of money over the years and should be comfortably off by now like Mike Joyce is.

Morrissey has spent most time in Manchester/Cheshire, London, Ireland, LA and Rome. But I don't think he is a Roman Catholic anymore.

Johnny Marr has spent most time in Manchester/Cheshire, London, Ireland, LA and Portland.
It's true that Mike Joyce is now comfortably off, he is quite wealthy and had Andy Rourke played his cards right he would of been in the same position by now.

Andy Rourke has spent most time in Manchester, London and New York.

Mike Joyce has spent most time in Manchester/Cheshire and London.

So Mike Joyce has lived in the least places! All The Smiths have Irish blood.

Andy Rourke was bankrupt in about 1999 so he has had some debt issues in the past.

Do you like cigarettes and alcohol? Not all disabled people on benefits smoke and drink a lot that is just a stereotype. Margaret Thatcher's funeral cost about 10 million of tax payers money and that is what bothers me she didn't need such a grand funeral. They could of helped the homeless people with that money.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom