Morrissey on the death of Margaret Thatcher, the press - statement at TTY

Margaret Thatcher - true-to-you.net
9 April 2013

The difficulty with giving a comment on Margaret Thatcher's death to the British tabloids is that, no matter how calmly and measuredly you speak, the comment must be reported as an "outburst" or an "explosive attack" if your view is not pro-establishment. If you reference "the Malvinas", it will be switched to "the Falklands", and your "Thatcher" will be softened to a "Maggie." This is generally how things are structured in a non-democratic society. Thatcher's name must be protected not because of all the wrong that she had done, but because the people around her allowed her to do it, and therefore any criticism of Thatcher throws a dangerously absurd light on the entire machinery of British politics. Thatcher was not a strong or formidable leader. She simply did not give a shit about people, and this coarseness has been neatly transformed into bravery by the British press who are attempting to re-write history in order to protect patriotism. As a result, any opposing view is stifled or ridiculed, whereas we must all endure the obligatory praise for Thatcher from David Cameron without any suggestion from the BBC that his praise just might be an outburst of pro-Thatcher extremism from someone whose praise might possibly protect his own current interests. The fact that Thatcher ignited the British public into street-riots, violent demonstrations and a social disorder previously unseen in British history is completely ignored by David Cameron in 2013. In truth, of course, no British politician has ever been more despised by the British people than Margaret Thatcher. Thatcher's funeral on Wednesday will be heavily policed for fear that the British tax-payer will want to finally express their view of Thatcher. They are certain to be tear-gassed out of sight by the police.

United Kingdom? Syria? China? What's the difference?

Morrissey
9 April 2013

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: From the Horse's mouth - TTY - Morrissey on the death of Margaret Thatcher, the p

Bwahaha! One big family.

P.

They're always lifting our stuff so I thought, "f*** 'em. I'll bring this tidbit over." :p Everyone here was just so happy Thatcher was dead to catch it I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the "screaming" or "loud" comments 100%, excpect in a situation where you wrote a song that she should DIE! It just might be a safe assumtion that you would be angry at her.

Re: From the Horse's mouth - TTY - Morrissey on the death of Margaret Thatcher, the p

eye lad,,, the UK sank thanks to THATcha leaving the portholes open for the NEW WORLD ORDER rats to infest and take over..... sickening old trout.. well thought out Morrissey,, well controlled,, layers of powerful truth,, delivered calmly and , I wish I could express myself that well.....yes barbaric... yes didnt give a shit about people... yes New World Order,, thanks to bastards like Thatcha..... there is little individuality... culture or anything worth having since the 80's... I could rant on for hours,, Happy she is dead now,,,, world does feel a nicer place,,, your words are so true,,,,,,too true for many to see the truth there..... MDCCLXXVI <@> I am so glad you made it to Jakarta,, I wished it to happen,,, hope you make it again... Next year ? would love to meet you,, missed the chances back in liverpool and London back in the Smiths days,, and the Liverpool University Gig with Sandi Shaw,, with very special guests back in 1984 ?? Sandie said you had the flu,, didnt get to meet you then either,, I hope to get into atleast a press meet before the show,,, Cheers Moz,,, shine on you groovy diamond!!!! Christopher Owlish,,, (I dedicate the song by Steeleye Span,, Child Owlet to Thatcher,,, cos that should be her funeral!!!!!!post guillotine...)

I thought v this v was brilliantly worded, it really spoke to me:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/apr/09/russell-brand-margaret-thatcher

give that man a State funeral!!! (no not now:rolleyes:)

Have a nice day Rushel.:thumb:

PS/ the shards bit had me... in stitches
and the "both boring and boring" : OooooOooooh!

I would urge anyone to read this, regardless of your political persuasion. Abeautifully written piece by Mr Russell Bland. It really is.

Is The Teacher Afraid Of The Pupil?

I've been a huge Morrissey fan for many a year but he really is getting harder and harder to love. A man once (and occasionally still) so capable of saying beautiful things about the human race is, I am sad to say, becoming increasingly irrelevant and embarrassing.

Not that I am a cheerleader for Thatcher - far from it. But Morrissey's childish denunciation, as usual devoid of any argumentation, reflects his growing propensity for spouting a hyperbole and then running back to his cave, says more about him that it does about Thatcher. His intellectual laziness has allowed him to convince himself that his cowardice is really courage. He was once brave; willing to say unfashionable, deft and inspiring things about life. But he has veered from that path and now takes the easier, lazier option of ushing to the press to treat us to opinions which he would never dare test in public debate with other grown-ups.

That my hero now reeks of the hatred he (not unreasonably) attributes to Thatcher; that he exhibits tenfold the Thatcheresque inability to listen to other people's voices; that his utterances are latterly as bland, predictable and incapable of advancing public debate as those of the Beckhams he so strenuously slates; and the fact that he has set himself up as the untouchable sovereignty for which he so despises Britain all leave me so sad.

As he said himself, it's so easy to hate. He might have added that it's also so admirable to speak with distinctiveness and delicacy. Sigh. I greatly miss the Morrissey I once knew, but it's time we parted old friend. I never thought this day would come.

Re: Loaded interview

credit to Geezer but not to !Viva Hate! Please don't tell me your head his way up his ass as well?!?!

VH reposted a scan which was originally posted by joe frady after reading CrystalGeezer's post.

No need for giving him a credit.

Wow. Now my life is complete. Now I know what Moz thought of Margaret Thatcher's death. Instead of coming up with these lame "statements", Moz should be coming up with his list of cancellation/postponement excuses for his upcoming tour.

I would urge anyone to read this, regardless of your political persuasion. Abeautifully written piece by Mr Russell Bland. It really is.

Is The Teacher Afraid Of The Pupil?

This is very well written. And as an American gives me more of an idea of what you guys suffered through. I still don't get a lot of references (your parties and their alliances) we weren't taught British Politics in school and I didn't watch the Streep movie, but this article helps a lot.

All I know is that Reagan was an idiot on our side of the pond and she liked Reagan. :D

This is very well written. And as an American gives me more of an idea of what you guys suffered through. I still don't get a lot of references (your parties and their alliances) we weren't taught British Politics in school and I didn't watch the Streep movie, but this article helps a lot.

All I know is that Reagan was an idiot on our side of the pond and she liked Reagan. :D

There were vox pops on the streets of Moscow yesterday. Thatcher was widely seen as a key figure in the fall of the Soviet Union, as of course was Ronald Reagan.

Perhaps it is this the cultural Marxists truly loathe.

Margaret Thatcher > What a wank you are Morrissey...What exactly have you done for country sir? The answer is nothing...1979 genius your country was on the verge of becoming a third world country.

K2 Sherpa... I yhink,, its sad,, to join a forum that is subject of something you dont appreciate... perhaps you would have more pleasure on a Bucks Fizz forum.. or perhaps a Tank Owners forum or something? whatdid Thatcher do for the poeple of England ? Sweet FA... unless they had a share in UK Ltd at the time........ neo Facism hideen in a matching handbag,,I cried when she survived the Brighton Bombing,, (that was probably all smoke and mirrors,,,, a show,,, to buy votes....)

yeah i agree with his sentiment this time too, and also agree with the people who said it is diminished comparing the uk with china and syria. i agree that most western countries aren't truly democratic, as morrissey asserts, but realistically syria and china murder their citizens. its pushing it to claim the same of cameron or thatcher (at least overtly). but yeah morrissey is spot on this time over thatcher - she, like roger douglas (who did the same thing here in new zealand) were very very evil people who caused much pain, suffering and mayhem, with no positive results - in fact the systems they favored and put in place are exactly the reason the economics of the world are in trouble today. that is their legacy. the camerons and keys of this world continue this economic terrorism today. my only disappointment is that thatcher and the others, should have been the first against the wall (or on the guillotine) when the revolution came. got to love douglas adams.

And Pinochet. And Apartheid South Africa.

K2 Sherpa... I yhink,, its sad,, to join a forum that is subject of something you dont appreciate... perhaps you would have more pleasure on a Bucks Fizz forum.. or perhaps a Tank Owners forum or something? whatdid Thatcher do for the poeple of England ? Sweet FA... unless they had a share in UK Ltd at the time........ neo Facism hideen in a matching handbag,,I cried when she survived the Brighton Bombing,, (that was probably all smoke and mirrors,,,, a show,,, to buy votes....)

Where did you learn to write? On a trampoline?

I greatly miss the Morrissey I once knew, but it's time we parted old friend. I never thought this day would come.

Me too.

Now he is a law unto himself, intransigent, truculent, unpleasant, hectoring, bullying, longing to be as important as he once was, surrounded by yes men, past his prime, blaming others for his decline into obscurity, intellectually incapable of reaching the heights he once scaled, increasingly unstable and largely forgotten as an throwback to the eighties.

Not really that different from Thatcher at all then.

And Pinochet. And Apartheid South Africa.

General Galtieri didn't like her very much, but Morrissey plainly regards him as something of a freedom fighter.

Re:

Now he is a law unto himself, intransigent, truculent, unpleasant, hectoring, bullying, longing to be as important as he once was, surrounded by yes men, past his prime, blaming others for his decline into obscurity, intellectually incapable of reaching the heights he once scaled, increasingly unstable and largely forgotten as an throwback to the eighties.

Not really that different from Thatcher at all then.

Morrissey did not destroy fellow countrymen and women's lives.

Get a life.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom