Morrissey on "The Colbert Report" (Oct. 9, 2012) - reminder / reports

Morrissey is scheduled to appear on "The Colbert Report" today.

Note from an anonymous person - the previous article on true-to-you.net has been amended, "People Are The Same Everywhere" replaces "Action Is My Middle Name". "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" is still listed.

UPDATE 10:10 PM PT:

james bond posted the video:

(YouTube video removed by Viacom)

Videos now on http://www.colbertnation.com/:
Morrissey interview:

[noparse]<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:colbertnation.com:419977" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe></div></div>[/noparse]

"People Are The Same Everywhere":

[noparse]<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:colbertnation.com:419978" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe></div></div>[/noparse]

"I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris":

[noparse]<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:colbertnation.com:419980" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe></div></div>[/noparse]

Downloads of audio / video available in this forum thread.

UPDATE Oct. 11, 8:00AM PT:

Related items:

Last edited:
Are you calling him a woman? Because that's just great.

No, I'm calling him a sheltered coward. We're talking about the same ponce who said in a recent interview that real artists don't need to have jobs before they become famous because they're above that kind of thing. Of course this also is a guy who lived with his mother until he was 23, so...

Also anyone here saying Morrissey was boring obviously has never seen the Colbert Report before. He's SATIRE. he's pretending to be a bombastic, right-wing conservative. He's probably a quiet Morrissey fan in real life.

Sure...because EVERYONE loves Morrissey, right?

Colbert also engaged in an interview with -and kicked the shit out of- Bill O'Reilly. But since Colbert's thing is satire, I'm sure that was all an act too, and he and Bill are best buds.

Am I the only one who noticed Morrissey mouthing "that's not funny" after Colbert's bacon comment? Or did I misread that?

This is a comedy show, Morrissey knows this. I'm so glad Moz was able to understand this, where as almost all of you don't seem to. If you see the interview again, there were times where Moz wanted to laugh more than he wanted to show. And even though the rough part for Moz was the hit on being vegetarian, he has handle it. It show that Moz can take a joke, which he hasn't in a long time. I even think he enjoy it better than hearing what he always hear's as we can see from the beginning of the interview. All of his tv appearances should talk to Moz along with him singing a song or two. Variety is the spice of life and i hope Morrissey can incorporate that into his song selections for his upcoming concerts, hopefully.

..im happy he's still out playing... he could very easily stay home ~

I agree, I'm just glad he's still performing. How many singers at his age are still out performing that aren't on the Vegas circuit? I'll always be appreciative.

I agree, I'm just glad he's still performing. How many singers at his age are still out performing that aren't on the Vegas circuit? I'll always be appreciative.

Very well put, I to am very thankful that he is still touring, we love ya MOZ, thank you for still going after it~

I supppose every nation must have its annoying smart arse tv interviewer. Colbert comes across as nothing more than a loud mouth rude little up start.

Morrissey handled the interview well. He knew what the topics of conversation would be, but it almost seems if the interviews this late quarter of the year are following the same old topics. I still find it puzzling when Morrissey describes the Royal Family as a dictatorship, yet he then he goes and asks that the building he is going to be in for a couple of hours be meat free.

"People Are The Same Everywhere" is growing on me. It's an all right song. Nothing more than that I'm afraid. However still good to see Morrissey on TV and performing.

reading through this thread, I am so mind numbingly-baffled that people STILL aren't understanding that Colbert is satire. He's SUPPOSED to come across as loud mouthed and rude. Basically EVERYTHING he says is a JOKE! I'm like 99% sure Moz's ban on meat was a joke too. I mean, cmon seriously??? it was a joke and obviously Morrissey knew how the interview was going to go. HE PLAYED ALONG. jesus CHRIST. If there's one thing that's going to bring me out of Moz solo hibernation, it's defending my beloved Stephen Colbert. :love:

reading through this thread, I am so mind numbingly-baffled that people STILL aren't understanding that Colbert is satire. He's SUPPOSED to come across as loud mouthed and rude. Basically EVERYTHING he says is a JOKE! I'm like 99% sure Moz's ban on meat was a joke too. I mean, cmon seriously??? it was a joke and obviously Morrissey knew how the interview was going to go. HE PLAYED ALONG. jesus CHRIST. If there's one thing that's going to bring me out of Moz solo hibernation, it's defending my beloved Stephen Colbert. :love:

Amen! The funniest Moz interview ever. I think you have to be American to understand what he does... A satire on Fox News ridiculousness. Btw, Stephen regularly references Moz on "the Nation", which leads me to believe that he's actually a fan.

"Please welcome Johnny Marr..."

It would have been memorable and crazy if Johnny actually had appeared on that stage...

Oh well...

Next time I really hope that Colbert brings Johnny to the party. :)

The whole segment with Moz made me laugh ! That's what its sapost to do. Why else would the Colbert show be on Comedy Central ............................... It is a joke and Moz knew this. As a few posts above states, Morrissey does stifle chuckling at some of the questions asked of him . It was not a contest of wills between the 2 of them ....they were both in it for a "at ease" talk not a attack interview . I did LIKE the songs !

The whole segment with Moz made me laugh ! That's what its sapost to do. Why else would the Colbert show be on Comedy Central ............................... It is a joke and Moz knew this. As a few posts above states, Morrissey does stifle chuckling at some of the questions asked of him . It was not a contest of wills between the 2 of them ....they were both in it for a "at ease" talk not a attack interview . I did LIKE the songs !

Exactly, Moz had to play the part he did otherwise it wouldn't have been funny. And it was funny. What do people want?

Finally managed to watch this (thanks to those who posted the non-Youtube links). I can't see what all the kerfuffle is about. Moz came across fine ; laughing and clearly enjoying himself throughout the five minutes.

Admittedly , there was nothing particularly insightful or new to be heard but I doubt I'm the target demographic. Nor was the program the opportunity for much other than some casual goosing around between the pair.

Enjoyed this ... thanks again for posting the new link

How truly unexpected! And wrong-headed.

Even a 4 minute Morrissey TV 'interview' gets a scathing review in the good old Guardian. The only positive notice he'll get from those f***ers is on the occasion of his death. Stick to your 5 star Radiohead reviews lads. Hattenstone neglects to mention that he was touted for the Armitage interview but Moz knocked him back. Bitter much?

How truly unexpected! And wrong-headed.

Even a 4 minute Morrissey TV 'interview' gets a scathing review in the good old Guardian. The only positive notice he'll get from those f***ers is on the occasion of his death. Stick to your 5 star Radiohead reviews lads. Hattenstone neglects to mention that he was touted for the Armitage interview but Moz knocked him back. Bitter much?

Anybody who refers to Morrissey as "Miserabilist" deserves to be kicked to death. How do these lazy bastard journalists find employment?

Listen to any indie act and you'll find at least as much misery as in Morrissey records, the others just can't express themselves as well and none of the humour that you'll find in a Morrissey record. Wankers!

Rant over.

Very entertaining interview revealing with great clarity one thing in particular. Morrissey hates the Monarchy but can't really tell us why, no matter how many opportunities he is given.

Very entertaining interview revealing with great clarity one thing in particular. Morrissey hates the Monarchy but can't really tell us why, no matter how many opportunities he is given.

You should check out a little song called 'The Queen is Dead' where he is both pretty clear and articulate on what he despices and what its impact on England has been. Or just do an easy google search of 'Morrissey + thoughts on Monarchy'. Or, do the third option which you've already nailed: keep saying Morrissey never provides substance to his monarchy hatred.

It was plainly obvious to me that Morrissey found the whole thing amusing rather than humiliating. And knew Colbert is a satirist. I assume he (Morrissey) normally watches the show when in the States as comedy central don't show it in the UK any more. That line about the I know this lamb thats an asshole surely gave the game away? No... oh

Radiohead were worthy of 5 stars by the way, even in the London O2 and even from Alexis Petridis' preposterous quill

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom