Morrissey on "The Colbert Report" (Oct. 9, 2012) - reminder / reports

Morrissey is scheduled to appear on "The Colbert Report" today.

Note from an anonymous person - the previous article on true-to-you.net has been amended, "People Are The Same Everywhere" replaces "Action Is My Middle Name". "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" is still listed.

UPDATE 10:10 PM PT:

james bond posted the video:

(YouTube video removed by Viacom)

Videos now on http://www.colbertnation.com/:
Morrissey interview:

[noparse]<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:colbertnation.com:419977" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe></div></div>[/noparse]

"People Are The Same Everywhere":

[noparse]<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:colbertnation.com:419978" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe></div></div>[/noparse]

"I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris":

[noparse]<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:colbertnation.com:419980" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe></div></div>[/noparse]

Downloads of audio / video available in this forum thread.

UPDATE Oct. 11, 8:00AM PT:

Related items:

Last edited:
Oh no. It's 4 years since his last album was recorded (3 since its release). He's had 4 long years - virtually the lifetime of the Smiths - to come up with a batch of brilliant new songs. And he needs only one truly great new song to show the music business, potential record labels etc that he is a force to be reckoned with. And yet he offers up People Are The Same Everywhere - one of the worst songs, and without the worst song title, he has ever written. I just can't understand it - can you?

Oh no. It's 4 years since his last album was recorded (3 since its release). He's had 4 long years - virtually the lifetime of the Smiths - to come up with a batch of brilliant new songs. And he needs only one truly great new song to show the music business, potential record labels etc that he is a force to be reckoned with. And yet he offers up People Are The Same Everywhere - one of the worst songs, and without the worst song title, he has ever written. I just can't understand it - can you?

The stats don't lie anon, I've been kicking his backside for a while now to try and get him to pull his finger out.
"Its a shame its a shame all the songs sound just the same yer! yer! yer!
He's supposed to be talking to Victoria Wood about TEA! Of all things but I'm sure he'll soon get sad tracked into the Royal/Falkland/Madonna/Olympic predictable bitterness.
Anyway anon, on another note have you heard Johnny Marrs fantastic "The Trap" its a breath of fresh air ! One man one guitar proof if ever that Bozzy and the boys should go back to infant school and carry on playing the triangle. (ting)

I can't understand it either but then I don't understand a lot of his song choices. If any of the new songs should survive it should have been 'Action...'. 'People...' is atrocious!

Better Morrissey than no Morrissey - or is it?

I'm not sure anymore ... both this and the Jimmy Fallon appearance come across as wasted high profile opportunities to showcase something fresh. It just goes to show that there's no one in is camp that speaks honestly to him about his song choices.

Stfu!!!! It's Colbert and Morrissey... The two greatest Catholics alive!!! You naysayers are idiots.

i've loyally listened to morrissey since college, when the smiths hit. he's created some astonishing works -- 'people are the same' is not amongst them. there is NO WAY a record exec (or even a casual listener for that matter) is going to witness him singing that tonight and think, "i need to get me a piece of that." it's such a horrid song i've even considered the possibility it's intentionally bad on morrissey's part in order to see if it attracts industry interest, thereby affirming moz's position that record companies are pumping out nothing but crap. (don't worry, i quickly concluded my penchant for overthinking had reached an absolutely absurd new zenith.)

Looking forward to Colbert tonight...I always look forward to another Morrissey appearance. PATSE is not atrocious for heaven's sake. I would have preferred 'Action', but like Frosty, I'm just happy he's still around and touring and keeps going. Think about it...you should be happy, too, anonymous. You wouldn't have anything to whine about otherwise.

Fantastic to see him interviewed rather than just performing like on Fallon; I just wish it would've lasted longer!

That interview was absolutely brilliant. It was lovely to see Colbert troll Morrissey like that.

It looked like Morrissey was going to crap his pants when he said that!

Can you imagine if it would've happened? The first time they're together on public television since the '80s, and on The Colbert Report? That would've been the ULTIMATE trolling of Morrissey. Shame Colbert didn't manage to pull that off.

what soccer jersey was he wearing? it was 22 and adidas, but what team?

Can you imagine if it would've happened? The first time they're together on public television since the '80s, and on The Colbert Report? That would've been the ULTIMATE trolling of Morrissey. Shame Colbert didn't manage to pull that off.
I was thinking the same thing....like the time when Lorne Michaels almost got Lennon and McCartney to reunite on Saturday Night Live

I was thinking the same thing....like the time when Lorne Michaels almost got Lennon and McCartney to reunite on Saturday Night Live

Yeah, but the only person who would've been out of the loop would have been Morrissey. He would've probably just walked out. I'm surprised he didn't when Colbert mentioned the Smiths reunion - isn't that something Morrissey's interviewers aren't supposed to bring up?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom