Morrissey on Pop Quiz

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2011 (read-only)' started by mozsupportsrovers, Sep 22, 2010.

1. mozsupportsrovers

mozsupportsrovers Morrissey

2. modrevolve

modrevolve Standard Model

3. Sheridan Whiteside

Sheridan Whiteside Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Whitley Bay (the seaside town they forgot to close
    They couldnt have given Moz an easier lyric than the one he got at 11 minutes in!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  4. Brel

Brel Guttersnipe

Still have it on video, but my VCR packed in years ago so its ages since I've watched it. I do recall Morrissey getting a very easy time with his questions.

5. Amy

Amy from the Ice Age to the dole age

6. Scarlet1987

Scarlet1987 The sanest days are mad

The video wont play after 4 mins...how on earth do I see it? And where is the link to download the torrent on that page?

7. Tingle3

Tingle3 Member

Quote, Morrissey to Andy Peebles:
    "It's like doing Widow Twankey pantomime!"

8. roky

roky Well-Known Member

Morrissey on Pop Quiz game show in 1984

[youtube]TeOMHnOEmNI&feature=related[/youtube]

I have never seen these before.
    Enjoy
    Roky

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  9. oranges

oranges New Member

God 80s TV was bloody tedious, Morrissey looks rightly bored and very uncomfortable throughout. I love the look that he does when Mike Read says 'I'm sure he'll be back again'.

10. lottie

lottie Love Me Outside!

the back of beyond..(and a bit further again)
    Ha, love it! :lbf:
    is Moz on the presenters shirt? second pair of glasses down? i swear its supposed to be him.

11. dreamchild

dreamchild Member

Same with the face underneath the second pair of glasses right hand lens.

12. not_me_not_I

not_me_not_I New Member

Morrissey tapping his pencil impatiently. :lbf:

13. The Seeker of Good Songs

The Seeker of Good Songs Well-Known Member

Morrissey appears on the BBC Pop Quiz on May 26, 1984

[​IMG]
    On May 26, 1984 — just three months after the release of The Smiths — a young and occasionally smiling Morrissey appeared on the BBC TV game show “Pop Quiz,” which pitted two teams of musicians against each other in a battle of musical knowledge hosted by a ridiculously attired DJ named Mike Read.
    In this half-hour episode — which can be seen in its entirety via the two clips posted below, uploaded just last month by YouTube user Slane717 — Morrissey, “Kids in America” singer Kim Wilde and singer/stage actor Alvin Stardust are pitted against Thin Lizzy frontman Phil Lynott, Kajagoogoo’s Nick Beggs and Derek Forbes of Simple Minds.
    Although Moz’s team — spoiler alert! — loses in the end, the Smiths frontman does pretty well, quickly ID’ing a clip of Echo & The Bunnymen’s “The Killing Moon,” recognizing Nancy Sinatra’s “These Boots Are Made for Walking” from a snippet of the song’s lyrics, and reeling off some of ’50s pop star Billy Fury’s Top 10 hits. (He did, however, get beat by the guy from Kajagoogoo on two questions about The Cure.)
    In typical fashion, though, it wasn’t long before Morrissey regretted appearing on the show. In an interview with The Face published in July 1984, Moz said, “‘Pop Quiz’ was unbearable. I realized it was a terrible mistake the moment the cameras began to roll. … I just squirmed through the program. I went back to my dressing room afterwards and virtually felt like breaking down, it had been so pointless. I felt I’d been gagged.”

MORRISSEY ON POP QUIZ 1984 PART 1

MORRISSEY ON POP QUIZ 1984 PART 2

from: http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2010/10/06/morrissey-pop-quiz-game-show-video-1984/

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  14. whatdifference

whatdifference New Member

Morrissey in pop quiz

Check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG-1qxn7j1Q&feature=player_embedded

Don´t know whether this has been posted before but I thought it was really funny when I found it. It´s Morrissey in an early 80ies pop-quizshow with Kim Wilde and Alvin Stardust in his team answering pop trivia questions. Of course he could tell that a certain piece of text was pulled from Nancy Sinatra´s These boots are made for walking... :)