Morrissey on Politics, David Bowie, What His Fans Taught Him - interview in Rolling Stone

Oh joy of joys.
Finally, we get a thoughtful, insightful, witty interview.
And, at last, a comment about Bowie (and a rather sweet one at that).
Thanks for posting.

Thank god, he could've pissed even more people off if his extremely-delayed first comment about post-mortem Bowie was snarky.

"One final question: Does the body rule the mind, or does the mind rule the body?"

"I dunno."

:)

I like to make jokes about Morrissey eating meat because it displays my wit. I'm very important.

Thanks for sharing. How nice it is to read an interview that answers why we love him, instead of questioning it.

"Who are the humans you trust?
Only those gone to their great reward. Of the living, I like those with an interesting blend of shyness and aggression. I couldn't ever trust anyone who ate animals, birds or fish."

That's me in his good books then.

Yes, finally a non-cringeworthy interview. I'm guessing like all others these days it was done over email.

Nice interview and yes it does seem to be via email but I’ll take it

Wish they'd asked him about how Bowie's death affected him... if at all.

That’s a tough question to ask as an interviewer as it’s really put him on the spot and maybe upset him. Better to just leave the opening. The fact that he didn’t take it probably answers your question though

Did he cancel 2 gigs to write this reply?

What a great way to end an interview ! This last Q&A is priceless!

But how can he tell that a filler song like Black Cloud with a feeble chorus is as brilliant as a musical masterpiece like Hold On To Your friends ? I dunno ! :)

Last edited:
I always thought black cloud was a massive waste of having Jeff Beck on guitar. He plays 2 notes at the start.

I like those with an interesting blend of shyness and aggression. I couldn't ever trust anyone who ate animals, birds or fish. Morrissey trusts me! :oops:

Tags
interview low in high school info morrissey

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom