Morrissey on Norway Massacre/Fast Food Companies - Bigmmouth Strikes Again

Re: Morrissey on Norway Massacre/Fast Food Companies - Bigmouth Strikes Again

On the one hand there's a deranged gunman/ bomber who is almost universally condemned and on the other there's a huge industry based on killing animals that is widely accepted and promoted. I can understand why Morrissey's not happy.

I don`t know if this guy is a complete dick, or just plain stupid

Very foolish thing to say especially with the massacre fresh in the memory for those who lost loved ones,like his comments on Ireland recently and his t shirts and banning of people from gigs, further proof he has lost the plot, controversial for the sake of being controversial i`m afraid.

Not the first time he's made a desperate grab for publicity like this, and unfortunately I doubt it will be the last. If all else fails, say something guaranteed to provoke outrage, the tabloids will report it, and you can pretend you're still relevant.

Morrissey exploits the Norway atrocity to get himself in the papers

I predicted that Morrissey would view the atrocity in Norway as nothing more than an opportunity to say something stupid to get in the press again, and sure enough::

British singer Morrissey has sparked fury among fans after insisting the massacre in Norway last week was "nothing" compared to the number of animals killed daily for the fast food industry.

The controversial former The Smiths frontman was on stage at a show in Warsaw, Poland on Sunday night when he gave his thoughts on the two terror attacks in Oslo, which claimed the lives of at least 76 people.

According to Britain's Daily Mirror, before starting his track Meat Is Murder, the outspoken vegetarian told the crowd, "We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown... Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried S**t every day."

A spokesperson for the singer says, "Morrissey has decided not to comment any further as he believes his statement speaks for itself."

Well, what was Morrissey supposed to say? That he despises terrorist-style violence? He couldn't say that since he's already on record as admiring terrorism as a tactic.

For example, he took the time to post this despicable, scummy statement on the unofficial-official Morrissey web site True To You:

"I support the efforts of the Animal Rights Militia in England and I understand why fur-farmers and so-called laboratory scientists are repaid with violence - it is because they deal in violence themselves and it's the only language they understand - the same principals that apply to war. You reach a point where you cannot reason with people. This is why the Animal Rights Militia and the Hunt Saboteurs exist. They are usually very intelligent people who are forced to act because the law is shameful or amoral." -- Morrissey, on True-To-You

Garbage like that, and Morrissey's fanatical and sometimes racist rantings elsewhere (like about how Chinese people are sub-human, Canada is like Nazi Germany, etc), leave you wondering if Morrissey's autobiography will be as nutty as the Norwegian terrorist's manifesto.

Last edited:
I think these days he only comes out with this crap so he can feel persecuted for what he presumably thinks is his remarkable wit. But the truth is he's become an offensive old bore.

In anyone's book, this is hugely insensitive. Okay, maybe his point makes sense in some logical way, but referencing this sort of massacre to further your own agenda is pretty low in anyone's book.

It's got to the point that I actually feel ashamed to have spent hundreds of quid on Morrissey.

Not that I've really had a long and illustrious presence on this forum (!), but I formally renounce being a Morrissey fan (if such a thing is possible). Maybe I'll still listen to the man he was years ago, but not what he has become. And not for a while.

Sorry, didn't see this thread when I made mine. I'm sure they'll be merged, though I prefer my headline (more likely to upset Morrissey and confirm why he hates this site lol).

I think on this occasion, if he didn't feel it necessary to express sorrow or solidarity for the people of Norway, he should have said nothing at all about it.

Re: Morrissey exploits the Norway atrocity to get himself in the papers

Yeah, it was a mistake to start a thread on the same topic. I hope the mods merge mine into the other. Sorry for causing clutter!

The mods must be asleep at the wheel, though -- the trolls are creating threads! Come on, mods, keep your morale up and quit slacking!

Last edited:
Morrissey:
You just lost a fan. Your records are laying in the trash bin at this moment.

I lost several of my friends at Utoya (Utøya). This is a direct hit in the face, and I think you really should take the time to think. What kind of human beeing do you want to be?
I admire your commitment to protect animal rights, but this is just disrespectful towards the victims and us, the people, who mourns. Clearly you have never lost your friends, or else you would have never said what you said.

In the future I hope you will use your head, and see further then the tip of your own nose.

- If one man can show that much hate, think of how much love we can show together.

Crikey, Morrissey being an insensitive dick again? It's getting to the stage where he can only cured by those around him letting him know he's being a dick. Not going to happen any time soon then...

It appears the man's music isn't all that suffers from him surrounding himself with yes men.

This is what is thinks: so many animals get killed on a daily basis and nobody talks about it....whenever atrocities against humanity happens the whole world is there talking about it.
It is just not fair.Bigmouth strikes again, and again and again!
Cheers Moz

This is what is thinks: so many animals get killed on a daily basis and nobody talks about it....whenever atrocities against humanity happens the whole world is there talking about it.
It is just not fair.Bigmouth strikes again, and again and again!
Cheers Moz

Should your mother, father, brother or sister get gunned down I'm sure you'll appreciate it when somebody makes a reference to animal slaughter to make a political point. There's a time and a place for that, and I agree with the point he made, but this wasn't the time and place. He's been an insensitive dog and made a bit of a twat out of himself in the process.

Ahaha, Morrissey is awesome. Anyone who is a serious vegetarian knows that what he said rings true. All you have to do is look at footage taken from factory farms to understand where he's coming from. I'm sure if you allow yourself to be kept in the dark about what goes into preparing your hamburger, than his comment appears audacious. But it's hard to be PC when you're trying to make a point that goes against the grain.

Should your mother, father, brother or sister get gunned down I'm sure you'll appreciate it when somebody makes a reference to animal slaughter to make a political point. There's a time and a place for that, and I agree with the point he made, but this wasn't the time and place. He's been an insensitive dog and made a bit of a twat out of himself in the process.

I agree with you Rowntree, he chose the wrong time to express his views. He should have shut up, that is it.
Cheers Moz

Tags
bigmouth fast food morrissey norway
Back
Top Bottom