Morrissey on Minogue

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
Something’s been bothering me. When I first heard Morrissey make the comment live about Kylie Minogue, I thought he was genuinely acknowledging her contribution to music. Perhaps I’m naive to his humor, but it completely flew over my head that he was being sarcastic. Then I read the Ashkenazi article which confirmed that he was being sort of a dick to mock her in front of thousands. Can you imagine how that made her feel? Keep in mind this is coming from a person who couldn't name a Minogue song if asked to under severe torture, but my point is:

Why does Morrissey even give a shit who gets an award and for why? I’m totally stumped.

Awards are lame. All of them. When I found out that Hollywood stars were purchased, all my faith in recognition for achievement flew out the window. I thought it was FANTASTIC during the writer's strike when the Golden Globe winners were rattled off like a press conference.

Officer of the Order of the British Empire is a bit more than an 'award'

Then consider it was given to an Australian who sings songs written by other people.

I don't really have an opinion on Kylie, but I imagine this is Morrissey's perspective, and I agree he'd be far a more deserving recipient.

cuz he's kind of a dick.

Maybe. Mocking money-hungry dictator presidents is one thing, but she's just a woman expressing herself through song. I can see nothing wrong with that.

In my humble and subjective opinion, with music of such artistic quality and deepness (insert sarcastic smiley) like Mrs Minogue provides, his remark was fully deserved.

When you're a millions-earning 'Pop star' and rub yourself in the world's face, you should at least be able to stand some mocking by another artist. It's not like Moz took the piss out of some unfortunate little individual 'below his league'.

In my humble and subjective opinion, with music of such artistic quality and deepness (insert sarcastic smiley) like Mrs Minogue provides, his remark was fully deserved.

When you're a millions-earning 'Pop star' and rub yourself in the world's face, you should at least be able to stand some mocking by another artist. It's not like Moz took the piss out of some unfortunate little individual 'below his league'.

Oh. Does she do that? Rub herself in the world's face? She could be working the checkout stand at Albertson's and I wouldn't know who she was.

Why does Morrissey even give a shit who gets an award and for why? I’m totally stumped.
None of us can answer that,we can only guess at the answer.
But is not that the way with all things Morriseey?
He's always done it.
In my opinion,maybe he feels hard done to?
When you see some of the shit that gets awards,you could understand that.
Morrissey been making good music for 20 plus years.
He did of course say "services to music"

The important thing there is of course "making"
Not just performing.

----------------
Listening to: Ugress - Reason to Believe
via FoxyTunes

Oh. Does she do that? Rub herself in the world's face? She could be working the checkout stand at Albertson's and I wouldn't know who she was.

I don't know whereabouts you live, but I said my opinion was subjective and I live in Germany - most of the time I can't avoid hearing about every fart the woman cracks.

Honestly. I have no idea who the woman is, I just know her name. And when he mentioned it I didn't detect sarcasm in his voice. I guess I don't understand him sometimes.

good on him.Says what he thinks.I'm fed up with the helium filled midget.

He's always done it.

Not just performing.

But are you also under the impression that if he were given an award that he wouldn't even show up for the ceremony?

He's always done it.

Not just performing.

----------------
Listening to: Ugress - Reason to Believe
via FoxyTunes

Hey! I love your avitar!

The idea that she's some poor little thing who would be upset by him making these comments is fantasy.

She's a hard nosed business woman who will stick her name on anything to make a buck. Bedsheets, lingerie, loo roll, you name it she'll endorse it. Her records are just an offshoot of her "brand".

I suspect Morrissey despairs of a society that can hold up someone like that as a role model. Personally I always lose a bit of respect for anyone who accepts one of these establishment awards, no matter how much I like them before.

Morrissey is bitter, jealous and childish to keep saying things like this. I don't understand why he gives a shit about awards (or his obsession with chart-placings for that matter), but constantly griping at younger artists makes him look pathetic. Surely he isn't expecting an OBE, after ripping apart the Queen like he does?

The idea that she's some poor little thing who would be upset by him making these comments is fantasy.

She's a hard nosed business woman who will stick her name on anything to make a buck. Bedsheets, lingerie, loo roll, you name it she'll endorse it. Her records are just an offshoot of her "brand".

I suspect Morrissey despairs of a society that can hold up someone like that as a role model. Personally I always lose a bit of respect for anyone who accepts one of these establishment awards, no matter how much I like them before.

Same here.
When Ray Davis accepted OBE, instantly I lost respect to him.

Morrissey is bitter, jealous and childish to keep saying things like this. I don't understand why he gives a shit about awards (or his obsession with chart-placings for that matter), but constantly griping at younger artists makes him look pathetic. Surely he isn't expecting an OBE, after ripping apart the Queen like he does?

Morrissey loves controversy.

his complaints about not getting any awards are about as meaningful as any complaint he has about the charts because nobody really cares about such things anymore. people tune into those award shows to see what people are wearing and get an idea about what music to buy at the store tomorrow morning and that's it.

Well I'd agree with him...surely more people are deserving.I can't stand Kylie Minogue, I think she's very limited and uninteresting yet completely adored by bizillions of humans.

But is he really seen bitter and jealous? I mean I'm sure that would be true if he was like "did you see that bloody bitch and slut Kylie Minogue blah blah". It was just a wry comment, that's all.

I don't see the problem.

Tags
austratastic!
Back
Top Bottom