Morrissey on Minogue

kylie_minogue_see_through.jpg

Just your everyday, run of the mill feminist.

Of course it's obvious that I don't need much of a defense because what I did didn't even warrant a reprimand from the moderators, to say nothing of an infraction or ban. That said, I know you were offended by it, and I apologized. You didn't accept it. :rolleyes: You have serious issues, Dave, if after three months, you still can't accept the fact that nobody thinks this was as big a deal as you do. Unlike you, I never suggested or even insinuated that you should leave; hell, I occasionally still enjoy reading your posts, and not just for laughs.

For the record, can everyone else who was a "victim" of my "stupid manipulative little games" please step forward and make yourselves known? Paris Hilton and Norman!, we already know about you. Anyone else? There should be one more.

And bringing up my family? Please. Kewpie already tried that; I would expect better of you. My family doesn't give a flying f*** what you think.

Can we just go back to ignoring each other? Please?

You were the one who talked about bans. It's still there to see. Next...

"I'd expect better of you"? Really? Based on what? Are you really just capable of lying and writing stock phrases. Sure, some people have problems with Kewpie (she and I have had our moments too) so why not try to get some mileage out of that while you're at it? Why would you expect better of me? Answer: You wouldn't really.

Anyway, you're welcome to ignore me, and I usually ignore you, but you know, I reserve the right not to remain silent. :)

Now back to the Kylie vs Morrissey thread already in progress. :D

At least you're bickering using smiley faces.

This is awesome though.

I demand you give me back the one minute and twenty-seven seconds of my life I wasted watching "awesome."

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how to do that. But I can point you towards another time-wasting/enlightening project by The KLF that could result in you becoming a Pop Star!

Wow. Morrissey AKA LORD MOMO needs to quit bagging on Kylie and get on this.

Wow. Morrissey AKA LORD MOMO needs to quit bagging on Kylie and get on this.

"Once or twice a decade an act will burst through with a Number One that hits a national nerve and the public's appetite for the sound and packaging will not be satisfied with the one record. The formula will be untampered with and the success will be repeated a second, a third and sometimes even a fourth time. The prison is then complete; either the artist will be destroyed in their attempt to prove to the world that there are other facets to their creativity or they succumb willingly and spend the rest of their lives as a traveling freak show, peddling a nostalgia for those now far off, carefree days. These are the lucky few. Most never have the chance of a repeat performance and slide ungracefully into years of unpaid tax, desperately delaying all attempts to come to terms with the only rational thing to do - get a nine to five job."

In these terms, Kylie is successful. This award for contributions to music...

Let's face it. We're talking about POP MUSIC. I love it, personally. It's a true art form. But the establishment still doesn't really accept it. They killed Princess Di, not because she was going to marry Dodi, but because she took Pop Music seriously. Anyway, they give these awards to people that bring in revenue in the form of the taxes they pay and the other economic benefits they generate for the state. That's all it is. But they can't say that so they say "contributions to music".

Thank you.

Interesting.

That's true. This page is our Oyster, Dave. :)

2673000937_b43ab89fef_o.png

"Once or twice a decade an act will burst through with a Number One that hits a national nerve and the public's appetite for the sound and packaging will not be satisfied with the one record. The formula will be untampered with and the success will be repeated a second, a third and sometimes even a fourth time. The prison is then complete; either the artist will be destroyed in their attempt to prove to the world that there are other facets to their creativity or they succumb willingly and spend the rest of their lives as a traveling freak show, peddling a nostalgia for those now far off, carefree days. These are the lucky few. Most never have the chance of a repeat performance and slide ungracefully into years of unpaid tax, desperately delaying all attempts to come to terms with the only rational thing to do - get a nine to five job."

In these terms, Kylie is successful. This award for contributions to music...

Let's face it. We're talking about POP MUSIC. I love it, personally. It's a true art form. But the establishment still doesn't really accept it. They killed Princess Di, not because she was going to marry Dodi, but because she took Pop Music seriously. Anyway, they give these awards to people that bring in revenue in the form of the taxes they pay and the other economic benefits they generate for the state. That's all it is. But they can't say that so they say "contributions to music".

Thank you.

Very good, Dave, until the end. The unwillingness or the inability, or both, for the establishment to define what the award is and what it celebrates is no small matter. It's precisely this colossal dishonesty to which Morrissey and many of us object. The transparency of the popstar-as-CEO phenomenon, which really began with Madonna, is only laudable where it is rightly perceived.

2674771672_640e7a63fc_o.jpg

"Help me, OBE won. You're my only hope."

She's actually part of an elite group including Madonna, Liza Minnelli, Elton John, Dusty Springfield, Bernard Sumner, Johnny Marr, and David Bowie.

sʎoq doɥs ʇəd əɥʇ ɥʇıʍ pəpɹoɔəɹ llɐ əʌ,ʎəɥʇ

Tags
austratastic!
Back
Top Bottom