Morrissey on Later with Jools (Ovation USA)

The Seeker of Good Songs

On 07 Jan, on the US satellite/cable network OVATION, on an episode of Later with Jools Holland, Morrissey appeared. The info guide said this was a 2010 airing but only for the Ovation network, because the copyright at the end was of 2006 and Morrissey was playing songs off of Ringleader.

He played 3 songs, first was "You Have Killed Me" followed by "The Youngest Was The Most Loved" and lastly, "I Just Want To See The Boy Happy"

My comment is on the performance of "The Youngest..." When Morrissey sings the
"there is no such
thing in life as normal
there is no such
thing in life as normal"
part, the children back-up choir sang along.

Was this done at live shows also? I found it curious that it was included for a performance like this. I didn't care for the choir on the album, but seeing him perform live with that included seemed odd to me.

When he did "The Youngest Was The Most Loved" live on tour, the children's choir part was typically present due to a backing tape triggered by the keyboardist. The children weren't actually there, it was a recording that Mikey could play at the precise time.

When he did "The Youngest Was The Most Loved" live on tour, the children's choir part was typically present due to a backing tape triggered by the keyboardist. The children weren't actually there, it was a recording that Mikey could play at the precise time.

I knew the children weren't there, I thought it odd that they used the sample...why bother...why dilute Morrissey's voice. :)

That damn show is on all the damn time and I still can't find a listing including Morrissey from today through the 18th. Do you know who else appeared?

This episode is currently on Verizon Fios on demand for free if anyone is interested. That way, you can fast forward to the Morrissey parts. ;)

On 07 Jan, on the US satellite/cable network OVATION, on an episode of Later with Jools Holland, Morrissey appeared. The info guide said this was a 2010 airing but only for the Ovation network, because the copyright at the end was of 2006 and Morrissey was playing songs off of Ringleader.

He played 3 songs, first was "You Have Killed Me" followed by "The Youngest Was The Most Loved" and lastly, "I Just Want To See The Boy Happy"

My comment is on the performance of "The Youngest..." When Morrissey sings the
"there is no such
thing in life as normal
there is no such
thing in life as normal"
part, the children back-up choir sang along.

Was this done at live shows also? I found it curious that it was included for a performance like this. I didn't care for the choir on the album, but seeing him perform live with that included seemed odd to me.

I saw the one when he sang "That's How People Grow up" and "Last of The Famous International Playboys" and another song I don't remember

Back
Top Bottom