Morrissey on Later...with Jools Holland

Stitchell

blah blah blah blah...
New UK freeview channel is going to start repeating old episodes of Later...With Jools Holland. How many times has Morrissey appeared on this show and what are the performances to watch out for?

What is the name of the channel?

I recall him being on three shows playing:

1) Your Arsenal track & Suedehead
2) Boyracer & Sunny
3) Irish Blood..., First Of The Gang..., Let Me Kiss You & There Is A Light...

I only know this because someone here alerted us a few days ago, but, if you live in the US and have Comcast cable, you can find the c. 1992 Jools Holland show in On Demand. Go to All Videos, second half of the alpha, and look for Tori Amos + Morrissey. Also features Matthew Sweet and some Russian band.

can somebody tell me who the other guests were when morrissey was on these shows?...would be intersting to know tho which bands he was forced to listen...

an interesting concept jools show..by the way...

Kewpie Re: Morrissey on Later...with Jools Holland

Quote:
Posted by Kewpie
Mixure of both old and new bands/artists.

You should check http://www.bbc.co.uk
Today 05:06 PM

but can you name the bands who perform there when morrissey appeared? i did look at jools site but couldnt find a list..which shows all performances of all 4 bands at one particular date...

Posted by Kewpie
Mixure of both old and new bands/artists
yes i know it was finally imported this year for german TV and they showed some highlights every month sínce january 2007 from over the years :92,99 ,2004 etc which includes bjoerk libertines travis etc at a small digital ( beside the digital reception , can be seen via satelite:astra germany) special interest channel called zdf theatrechannel

so I could finally saw this show unfortunately music isnt as well respresented in german telvision as in the UK, or even the US they prefer showing art or theatre broadcast instead of music..and we only have one late night show which only have musicperformances once in a while...idont know why music is so underated in german television since we are the 3rd biggest musicmarket in the world...but thats another story..

Last edited:
but can you name the bands who perform there when morrissey appeared? i did look at jools site but couldnt find a list..which shows all performances of all 4 bands at one particular date...

OK, I only found a recording of 21st May 2004:

Morrissey

Glenn Tilbrook

The Ordinary Boys

Junior Murvin
Livnal Thompson
Johnny Clerke

The Beta Band

Pietra Montecorvino

I don't have other appearances' copies at the moment, hope you're happy about the info. ;)

thanks ..
the ordinary boys
i wonder if morrissey did bring them up?
oh the beta band are great..i only have one cd of them werent they namechecked in high fidelty?

thanks ..
the ordinary boys
i wonder if morrissey did bring them up?
oh the beta band are great..i only have one cd of them werent they namechecked in high fidelty?

It's just a coinsidence that Morrissey and Ordinary Boys were on the same edition.
The programme's producers and booking manager organize bands and artists to be on the programme, Morrissey has no infuluence on other acts.

see here.

just click on the links for jools holland.

they don't have the 1992 episode though.

Ingenius!

I didn't think about imdb to check the credit, but 21/5/04 edition's listing is inaccurate.

I have a video with me, Badly Drawn Boy wasn't on that edition.

well, kewpie, clearly another site that is dire need of your moderation.

It will kill me, I'm afraid! :p

One of my friends who is an actor also complained imdb's inaccuracy because his name was wrongly spelt.

Pulp were on the one in 1995. They headlined.

As for 1992 episode I'm sure Joolz probably played some boogie-woogie on his piano

when Morrissey played on Jools in his Arsenal period, Tori Amos was
also a guest, Jools played a bit in the beginning of the show with her,

[damn have it on VHS, but somewhere with me other old stuff in boxes in
me mums house]

Moz - Jools Holland 04 - Question

God knows why I have been thinking about this but I have been racking my brain to try to remember the bands that were on Jools Holland with Moz in April/May 2004?.

I cant for the life of me remember the band that split up shortly after. They were some kind of indie techno band from memory and looked like a load of hoodies. As far as I can remember Ordinary Boys were on with him too.

Can anyone help??

Back
Top Bottom