Morrissey on "Later... with Jools Holland" (London, Oct. 3, 2017) - reminder / reports

UPDATE Oct. 7:

Posted by an anonymous person:

Posted by docinwestchester:

UPDATE Oct. 6:

Posted by Peanut:

The full show is tomorrow (Sat. 7th) at 11pm on BBC Two, not today as written in OP.

Posted by Springhealedkev:

I was at the Jools Holland show and he did 3 songs. The other 2 are ... ' I wish you lonely ' and 'all the young people must fall in love ' ... got so close to him but yet so far... thought we might see them in the bar after , but no.

Note posted by Johnny Barleycorn:

This edition is the short version. The full show will be on Friday.

Link to jools.holland.official / Instagram posted by an anonymous person:

40889_morrissey_jools.jpg

Last edited:
I can't tell on the studio version who it is on backing vocals either. It doesn't sound like Manzur, but I guess it probably is?

No Boss, no patron?
Should be Boz, innit? :)

I can't tell on the studio version who it is on backing vocals either. It doesn't sound like Manzur, but I guess it probably is?

I thought it was him but I guess it depends on what part you mean. I assume he's doing the Spanish parts at the end. Could always be the way his voice is produced making it sound different. I for sure miss them on the stop (stop) in the chorus. Oddly enough both boz and Gustavo have mics set up but don't use them once. Maybe the do a second song to be aired later. Maybe Jackie so they can do the gang vocals on exit or something

Reckon me just watched this and the other show from yesterday on youtube and he looks homesick yet still docked and really upset about having to do this marketing tour for the new release and now he gets word he needs to go play for gay Nazis at some disco tech. If Kylie is reading this from the internet research team, please send Uncle Steve his favorite Dodger hoody to make him feel better because it is probably really cold in these weird foreign places too.

Last edited:
I thought it was him but I guess it depends on what part you mean. I assume he's doing the Spanish parts at the end. Could always be the way his voice is produced making it sound different. I for sure miss them on the stop (stop) in the chorus. Oddly enough both boz and Gustavo have mics set up but don't use them once. Maybe the do a second song to be aired later. Maybe Jackie so they can do the gang vocals on exit or something
Yeah I was talking about the ones on the chorus.

I so so hope Matt Berninger from The National got to meet Morrissey backstage. He's very vocal in interviews about his admiration for Morrissey and he references Moz/The Smiths in I think three of his songs.

Well he references "Bona Drag" in "Pink Rabbits"... what are the other two songs?

I think Mozzer looks really great.I love the song.I can`t wait to hear the rest of the album.

No, the problem is, he doesnt write with the same poetic creativity or lyrical depth anymore. And his band are shit.

This is how I actually feel about his music as well.

Musically it really feels like they just press a button and here you are Moz.

I just hope they don't play Speedway. I need Gustavo ruining the end of the song like I need a hole in the head - why is he STILL doing it? It's always such a let-down when it builds, and builds....and then Morrissey is gone, and playing a f***ing tambourine whilst you are stuck watching the crappy karaoke version.

It only happens b/c for some bizarre reason Morrissey enjoys it.

It only happens b/c for some bizarre reason Morrissey enjoys it.

would be more interesting if he pulled someone from the crowd at random onto the stage to sing that part during the tour.

surely someone from the audience has posted on twitter what else mozz played apart from spent.

I so so hope Matt Berninger from The National got to meet Morrissey backstage. He's very vocal in interviews about his admiration for Morrissey and he references Moz/The Smiths in I think three of his songs.

I know there's a 'Bona drag' mention in 'Pink Rabbits' but I'm not aware of the others.

I think Moz and the band sound great at the moment. Love the new songs too. His Tourette's-like compulsion to self-sabotage every gain is frustrating though (UKIP), I'm certain its a symptom of his mental ill health. But as far as I'm concerned incredibly his quality as an artist remains undiminished...

I think Moz and the band sound great at the moment. Love the new songs too. His Tourette's-like compulsion to self-sabotage every gain is frustrating though (UKIP), I'm certain its a symptom of his mental ill health. But as far as I'm concerned incredibly his quality as an artist remains undiminished...

Morrissey doesn't support the same politics as you, therefore he MUST have mental health problems. :sweatsmile:

Well you're at the right place, spent the day in bed makes me want to weep also.

Morrissey on Matt and Solomon in Autobiography

"Luckily, both are also compellingly precise musicians, and, even better, they cannot be offended, which, given my over-reaching squeaks of tourette’s, is useful."

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom