Morrissey on "Later... with Jools Holland", 10pm, Oct. 3rd, BBC2 - @thesmithsunofficial / Twitter

Now confirmed via the BBC website:
20170924_052017.png

BBC2: 3rd October, 10pm, series 51, episode 2.

Details here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b097mm0c
Regards,
FWD.

Original source:
The Smiths Unofficial Facebook.

Last edited:
anyone who thinks jools Holland can interview needs their head examined,his interview with bryan ferry walking along a beach on the tube years ago was absolutely terrible and it wasn't bfs fault.

anyone who thinks jools Holland can interview needs their head examined,his interview with bryan ferry walking along a beach on the tube years ago was absolutely terrible and it wasn't bfs fault.

yep. :thumb:

My new favourite band and a great artist I have enjoyed in the past. Should be good, however if The National sing “The system only dreams in total darkness “ and Morrissey sings “Spent the day in bed” he will look like an amateur.

Hopefully there is something stronger on his album.
The National are one of those bands that fool you into thinking they are really arty and earnest when really it's smoke and mirrors. You can put your own spin on it which is fine. It's all in the eye of the beholder. REM did it, Patti Smith did it, PJ Harvey and Nick Cave still do. Their lyrics are mumbo jumbo. Morrissey doesn't leave much room for interpretation which is very brave. It works against him also as some of his lyrics seems flimsy to those who are too serious for their own good.

The National are one of those bands that fool you into thinking they are really arty and earnest when really it's smoke and mirrors. You can put your own spin on it which is fine. It's all in the eye of the beholder. REM did it, Patti Smith did it, PJ Harvey and Nick Cave still do. Their lyrics are mumbo jumbo. Morrissey doesn't leave much room for interpretation which is very brave. It works against him also as some of his lyrics seems flimsy to those who are too serious for their own good.

Thanks for your opinion thankfully I have my own.

Faced with high-brow, literary critique of this calibre, I'm sure they'd feel terribly ashamed.

Art have to leave room for interpretation, and must have the capacity to evolve and be re-interpreted through the years, and make you question different aspects in different times of your own life with just one song (if we talk only about music) you can apply that to literature, painting, or any other art form, those artists you just mentioned managed to do exactly that, and some of them not only in music.

I will actually watch this at 23:00 swedish time and maybe me and Pernilla will waltz around the living room in front of the telly to his music and sing along.

Jools Holland and his show was something you always watched back when it felt relevant and there was always at least one band or artist that made you interested. But how I hated when he joined in on his piano and the sound of his voice and his silly questions.

It belongs to the past like most things these days, even me, but a blast from the past is always entertaining somehow and like mother always said "seeing how others age delights my fake heart".

The only performance of relevance on that show:

I will actually watch this at 23:00 swedish time and maybe me and Pernilla will waltz around the living room in front of the telly to his music and sing along.

Jools Holland and his show was something you always watched back when it felt relevant and there was always at least one band or artist that made you interested. But how I hated when he joined in on his piano and the sound of his voice and his silly questions.

It belongs to the past like most things these days, even me, but a blast from the past is always entertaining somehow and like mother always said "seeing how others age delights my fake heart".

The only performance of relevance on that show:

"seeing how others age delights my fake heart"..... would make a great Moz song title.

I dunno. I really liked PJ Harvey's last two albums (Let England Shake, The Hope Six Demolition Project), and they have some good lyrics. For example, lyrics from the song 'The Last Living Rose':

Goddamn Europeans
Take me back to beautiful England

And the grey, damp filthiness of ages
And battered books
And fog rolling down behind the mountains
On the graveyards and dead sea captains
Let me walk through the stinking alleys
To the music of drunken beatings
Past the Thames river, glistening like gold
Hastily sold for nothing, nothing

Let me watch night fall on the river
The moon rise up and turn to silver
The sky move, the ocean shimmer
The hedge shake, the last living rose quiver

Morrissey interviews are like trips to the dentist to have teeth pulled. Open up. "Say aaahhhhhh". Keep fawning and suckling. One day you might get the hot load you so desperately crave.

You should report your dentist - they are a very bad person.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom