Morrissey on "Larry King Now" (Aug. 17, 2015 - airdate Aug. 19, 2015) - reminder/reports

UPDATE Aug. 19:

Interview / performance is up at Ora.tv. (23:58)

Interview and performance clips on YouTube now, link posted by SandyT:

LarryKingNow videos - YouTube

Morrissey Performs "Kiss Me A Lot"
Morrissey Opens Up About Ongoing Battle With Depression
Morrissey Takes On GOP, Trump, Obama and Law Enforcement
Morrissey Talks TSA "Groping" Incident
Morrissey Opens Up About Cancer Diagnosis
Morrissey Slams The "Brutal" Music Business, TV Talent Shows
Sneak Peek

UPDATE Aug. 21:

Behind the Scenes with Morrissey and Larry King - Ora.tv - Aug. 20, 2015

UPDATE Aug. 18:

Morran sends the link:

Larry King interview - true-to-you.net
18 August 2015

Morrissey's interview with Larry King will be broadcast tomorrow (Wednesday) on Russia Today news channel, and can also be seen on Ora.TV, and also on Hulu.com TV channel.

UPDATE 9:10 PM PT:

Link posted by an anonymous person, from farkomalarco / Instagram:

Holding court with the king... The king of suspenders that is. Show coming this Wednesday. #LarryKingShow #Morrissey #MyHermanos

larryking_and_band.jpg

UPDATE 11:50 AM PT:

Airdate is Aug. 19 according to the tweet, link posted by Detritus:

Morrissey is the scheduled guest on "Larry King Now" today (Aug. 17, 2015)

*NEW* episodes of “Larry King Now” are posted at 2PM ET online - but you can watch them after they premiere online anytime on Ora.TV & Hulu.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited:
Morrissey continues to be... Morrissey; somewhat awkward when speaking, but a fish in water when he sings. Forthright and evasive all at once.

Cancer: so true - one's knees do tend to get a bit wobbly on the stairs.

Good of him to take (apparently unscreened) questions. I appreciate his sincere effort with his favorite Oscar Wilde quote - I would have done the same.

I love that he is constantly, unapologetically himself, with all his quirks and awkwardness in tow. He needs to do more interviews like that one. If I'm not too bold to say so.

It's a very good thing that Morrissey doesn't Tweet - he'd break the outrage machine.

"Memory glands." Can't tell you how good it was to laugh again. I also had a laugh when a car commercial came on that included a quote by Oscar Wilde. Coincidence?

Sorry to hear you haven't laughed in a while. :( "Memory glands" - I'm sure that Larry was as confused as anyone. :D

What a boringly dull interview. He said nothing even remotely witty or interesting. And Barrett's (oesophagus) is not cancer.

that was painful to watch. luckily about 15 people watch that program.

"It's only about marketing"....true and he has one of the best marketing groups put together in the history of the music business. I'm glad he is wearing the necklace Nancy gave him. I have to say I like aloof Morrissey better when he didn't do interviews. What's next, Kerry Gold Soybean Cheese spokesperson? Anonymous-

Last edited:
Did he say anything about how he's going to perform at F Y F Festival ? A festival that is just like Glastonbury as he pointed out earlier in the year NOT ANIMAL FRIENDLY !
Did he come clean about 33 years singing meat is murder for his supper whilst eating Dubliner Kerrygold on the side ? Did he pick the Qs and have prepared answers ?

Because we must

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Yawn. Needle stuck in groove. Benny is like the shipping forecast. You can tune in after years away and it's still exactly the same.
Actually I think I enjoy the shipping forecast more.

Is he surrounded by PETA people? There was a real Heaven's Gate vibe when he said about the shoes "We say animals." and they all laughed behind him.

When asked what kind of cancer he has/has had he answered Barretts. Barretts isn't cancer, as most of us know (although it can lead to cancer). Why didn't Larry follow up on that? Sloppy.
Also, when asked what treatment he's been receiving he answered scrapings. Scraping is pre-cautionary. Again, sloppy.

Evasive, melodramatic Moz is still getting away with this cancer business. It's insane. We could've had this cleared by now.

What a boringly dull interview. He said nothing even remotely witty or interesting. And Barrett's (oesophagus) is not cancer.

i mean, i wasn't expecting a great interview, since Larry King is awful,but yeah i'm disappointed with it. Moz is so dull nowadays

When asked what kind of cancer he has/has had he answered Barretts. Barretts isn't cancer, as most of us know (although it can lead to cancer). Why didn't Larry follow up on that? Sloppy.
Also, when asked what treatment he's been receiving he answered scrapings. Scraping is pre-cautionary. Again, sloppy.

Evasive, melodramatic Moz is still getting away with this cancer business. It's insane. We could've had this cleared by now.

Make it your life's work and get back to us.

What he says about Russell Brand is very sweet and heartfelt and I think he captures him quite well:

"He is a one-off and he has a big heart. He doesn't actually like to upset anybody even though he steamrolls in with everybody but if he upsets somebody he crumbles. So, he's nice."

And that bit:

Larry: "On your new album there is a song called Forgive Someone. Did you write that?"
Moz: "I did, yes."
Larry: "Are you the forgiving kind?"
Moz: "I am, yes. It's a great feeling (or failing?)."
Larry: "I have that too. I don't carry a grudge."
Moz: "Well, you don't carry a grudge but you don't remain friends with people who have done some horrible to you."
Larry: "No. But I don't think about it. You think about it a lot?"
Moz: "I think about everything too much."
Larry: "Really?"
Moz: "Yes, I have this chattering voice, this chattering mind, and it just doesn't stop, and nothing can make it stop."
Larry: "Did people hurt you a lot?"
Moz: "I'm a sensitive little thing and I'm very interested in poetry and the poetic side of life, and so obviously it's hard in modern life because there's no poetry in mordern life.
There's nothing very nice about modern life. It's very difficult. So, yes I feel pangs very easily."

Larry King appeared to have never heard of Moz before and just read out the questions he'd been handed. A very one way admiration.

As for the veganism announcement, that he followed it with "everyone goes vegetarian first, it's expensive and hard to be pure straight away" will assure he gets criticism for quite some time yet. He needs to start promoting veganism for its ethics, keep it positive and not advocate outdated vegetarianism.

Brummie should be happy, I think he got his shoe out just for him!

Hmmm, after watching that performance of KMAL, is Boz simply singing "kiss me a lot" when he does the backing vocal part? Or is he saying something else? When his lips moved it looked different somehow.

ok,so i was eading some of the comments on twitter, and a lot of people are saying he full of shit and that he's a dick.I get not liking him, but idk that's mean and rude

After all that said and done I still love Moz, I go through periods where he annoys me and I roll my eyes but he's still brilliant to me. It was nice seeing a proper interview too, not as cringeworthy as the Jonathan Ross interview. He's looking good and seems in relatively good spirits. I just wish he'd give his head a shake sometimes with the shit he comes out with. Roll on Hull!

P.s I'd still give him a jump.

32zrrsy.jpg

2jg5yd5.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom