Morrissey on "Larry King Now" (Aug. 17, 2015 - airdate Aug. 19, 2015) - reminder/reports

UPDATE Aug. 19:

Interview / performance is up at Ora.tv. (23:58)

Interview and performance clips on YouTube now, link posted by SandyT:

LarryKingNow videos - YouTube

Morrissey Performs "Kiss Me A Lot"
Morrissey Opens Up About Ongoing Battle With Depression
Morrissey Takes On GOP, Trump, Obama and Law Enforcement
Morrissey Talks TSA "Groping" Incident
Morrissey Opens Up About Cancer Diagnosis
Morrissey Slams The "Brutal" Music Business, TV Talent Shows
Sneak Peek

UPDATE Aug. 21:

Behind the Scenes with Morrissey and Larry King - Ora.tv - Aug. 20, 2015

UPDATE Aug. 18:

Morran sends the link:

Larry King interview - true-to-you.net
18 August 2015

Morrissey's interview with Larry King will be broadcast tomorrow (Wednesday) on Russia Today news channel, and can also be seen on Ora.TV, and also on Hulu.com TV channel.

UPDATE 9:10 PM PT:

Link posted by an anonymous person, from farkomalarco / Instagram:

Holding court with the king... The king of suspenders that is. Show coming this Wednesday. #LarryKingShow #Morrissey #MyHermanos

larryking_and_band.jpg

UPDATE 11:50 AM PT:

Airdate is Aug. 19 according to the tweet, link posted by Detritus:

Morrissey is the scheduled guest on "Larry King Now" today (Aug. 17, 2015)

*NEW* episodes of “Larry King Now” are posted at 2PM ET online - but you can watch them after they premiere online anytime on Ora.TV & Hulu.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited:
Is Morrissey taking the photo from the reflection in the mirror? The hair and face looks like it but the body doesn't. I like how he puts the band in focus rather than himself. (judging by the 2nd band shot)

I presumed it was his nephew Sam. He normally whips out his camera and goes into a drooling frenzy at the mere mention of suspenders.

some guest hes interviewed which seemed pretty cool to me. also he an audience of like 2 million which i three time the usual viewers

obama
hillary clinton
frank sinatra (of whom hes a giant fan in case you couldnt tell by the suspenders and outfit in general)
nixon
Walter Matthau
Mario Cuomo
bill clinton
oprah making her first endorsement of obama on his show
Gerald Ford
Jimmy Carter
ronald reagan
hw bush
gw bush
Al Pacino
bettie davis
ray charles
johnny cash
Christopher Reeve
sammy davis jr
bob hope
paul mccourtney
Jerry Seinfeld
Bill Maher
chris rock
Ellen DeGeneres

just to name a few insignificant people. now morrissey will be added to that list

I presumed it was his nephew Sam. He normally whips out his camera and goes into a drooling frenzy at the mere mention of suspenders.

The first photo clearly shows a woman with pink hair taking the photo. She is the makeup artist.

You would think after eleven years you people would give this up.

Get a life.

It doesn't matter.

He has sucked since he first came around.

Shitty "composer" (and calling him a composer is an insult to real ones) and a shitty guitarist.

Re: Article: Morrissey on "Larry King Now" (Aug. 17, 2015) - reminder/reports

wonder if he looked like one of the smilers. all hed need is a knife

"The Smilers, so the story goes, were a gang of football hooligans. Depending which version of the story you hear, they would either roam the streets of South London, travel around in a blue Transit Van or – if you looked particularly easy to scare – would go door-to-door.

Details varied, but the basic essence of the story was this. The Smilers would confront you and ask you if you supported Chelsea Football Club (soccer team, for the benefit of any United Stateseans who may be reading). Possibly they would ask you a series of trivia questions to prove it. In the version I was told, they would then slice the corners of your mouth – upwards if you said yes, downwards if you said no. Then they would punch you hard, so you’d scream, thus ripping your mouth into a permanent smile or frown. Some versions would add that they would then pour something on the wound, usually vinegar, so the scars wouldn’t heal properly. I’m surprised no one suggested ink. There are a million variants on the story. Some say that they only cut you if you don’t support Chelsea, and then only in the form of the smile. Some say this was only practised by criminal gangs in Chelsea (presumably they march around in tailored suits, terrifying onlookers with their white-collar fraud and cold-blooded acts of insider trading). To be honest, while I don’t deny that such crimes may have happened – such scarring is known as the “Glasgow smile” and, so says the Daily Express, a case is treated every day by Scotland’s hospitals. But I’ve yet to see any real evidence that the Chelsea Smilers exist.

Still, I went to school in South-West London and it was a damn fine scary story. And that’s what’s important."

Where in South West London?

Re: Article: Morrissey on "Larry King Now" (Aug. 17, 2015) - reminder/reports

Where in South West London?

He didn't say as I quoted I believe the whole article which is why its in quotes. You could maybe look up the piece to get his name and then perhaps google his name and background. I'll look when I get home in a bit. The story also appears in an early Delano Hellblazer so I think it a pretty common story

Last edited by a moderator:

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously this isn't necessary for anybody inside the States, but if you're outside the USA then you can download a Google Chrome add-on to your browser called Hola, a VPN, which will essentially make your computer think your in the USA and allow you to access the clips of the interview on the Ora.tv site.

You'll need to download and have installed Chrome first, but it's very easy to work! Here's a link https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...n-hola/gkojfkhlekighikafcpjkiklfbnlmeio?hl=en

I think there are five or six clips of the interview on the Ora.tv site. Does anybody know if a full interview will be uploaded eventually?

Humasexual, 'rear cleavage' Moz has really added to my lexicon recently :lbf:

I know Larry is famous for asking softball questions but I'm really looking forward to this interview. Moz seemed dialed in rather than the stuttering guffaw type thing he sometimes does in interviews.

Humasexual, 'rear cleavage' Moz has really added to my lexicon recently :lbf:

I know Larry is famous for asking softball questions but I'm really looking forward to this interview. Moz seemed dialed in rather than the stuttering guffaw type thing he sometimes does in interviews.

how is he famous for asking softball questions. when he asked the miss whatever about the settlement she asked not to be asked about and he did it anyway she threatened to walk off and i dont think it a softball question as to what he asked harrisons widow. i mean if you look at the questions he asked in the interview collection thread i made the questions hes asked are almost all pretty bland typical. like nine out of ten of them are just terrible interviewers which is why in one of the interviews he states it as a reason he kinda stopped wanting to do them. thanks to those who posted

seems pretty interesting and like its gonna answer a lot of questions.

Obviously this isn't necessary for anybody inside the States, but if you're outside the USA then you can download a Google Chrome add-on to your browser called Hola, a VPN, which will essentially make your computer think your in the USA and allow you to access the clips of the interview on the Ora.tv site.

You'll need to download and have installed Chrome first, but it's very easy to work! Here's a link https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...n-hola/gkojfkhlekighikafcpjkiklfbnlmeio?hl=en

I think there are five or six clips of the interview on the Ora.tv site. Does anybody know if a full interview will be uploaded eventually?

if i remember correctly detritus said at some point wensday

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom