Morrissey on "Larry King Now" (Aug. 17, 2015 - airdate Aug. 19, 2015) - reminder/reports

UPDATE Aug. 19:

Interview / performance is up at Ora.tv. (23:58)

Interview and performance clips on YouTube now, link posted by SandyT:

LarryKingNow videos - YouTube

Morrissey Performs "Kiss Me A Lot"
Morrissey Opens Up About Ongoing Battle With Depression
Morrissey Takes On GOP, Trump, Obama and Law Enforcement
Morrissey Talks TSA "Groping" Incident
Morrissey Opens Up About Cancer Diagnosis
Morrissey Slams The "Brutal" Music Business, TV Talent Shows
Sneak Peek

UPDATE Aug. 21:

Behind the Scenes with Morrissey and Larry King - Ora.tv - Aug. 20, 2015

UPDATE Aug. 18:

Morran sends the link:

Larry King interview - true-to-you.net
18 August 2015

Morrissey's interview with Larry King will be broadcast tomorrow (Wednesday) on Russia Today news channel, and can also be seen on Ora.TV, and also on Hulu.com TV channel.

UPDATE 9:10 PM PT:

Link posted by an anonymous person, from farkomalarco / Instagram:

Holding court with the king... The king of suspenders that is. Show coming this Wednesday. #LarryKingShow #Morrissey #MyHermanos

larryking_and_band.jpg

UPDATE 11:50 AM PT:

Airdate is Aug. 19 according to the tweet, link posted by Detritus:

Morrissey is the scheduled guest on "Larry King Now" today (Aug. 17, 2015)

*NEW* episodes of “Larry King Now” are posted at 2PM ET online - but you can watch them after they premiere online anytime on Ora.TV & Hulu.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited:
LK: Since you co-founded The Smiths, do you ever miss that group?
M: No, no....we were very young, we didn't know what we were doing, we didn't like each other that much. So ah, it was nice when it finished.

I wish he would've answered that honestly....being young and not knowing what you were doing I could get.....but nice when it was finished?

who knows, maybe he wanted the smiths to be over so he could pursue a solo career

Morrisssey looked healthy and vibrant as well as Larry King. Morrissey and the cancer part, so what is the difference in having cancer cells (which he said he had) and cancer? He mention you can have cancer cells but not develop cancer (tumors) sometimes they go away. They scrap for cells and found he had some cells that were cancerous and a few weeks later they did it again and still found more cancer cells so the story goes. He did take medication he mentions, I wonder what type? Chemo pills? Loved the interview nice to see Morrissey in great spirits. You can officially say Morrissey has entered his Liberace phase.

I wish he would've answered that honestly....being young and not knowing what you were doing I could get.....but nice when it was finished?

I am glad he said it, not because it is true, of course it is not, but because it's probably a way for to him to close that topic forever. We don't need him to be honest about such questions now. We know that, for him, it was anything but nice that the Smiths ended but there is no need to remind him constantly about it and prevent him from moving on. Let him be.

I am glad he said it, not because it is true, of course it is not, but because it's probably a way for to him to close that topic forever. We don't need him to be honest about such questions now. We know that, for him, it was anything but nice that the Smiths ended but there is no need to remind him constantly about it and prevent him from moving on. Let him be.

As he said in the interview, "I'm a sensitive little thing,"

Larry King appeared to have never heard of Moz before and just read out the questions he'd been handed. A very one way admiration.

As for the veganism announcement, that he followed it with "everyone goes vegetarian first, it's expensive and hard to be pure straight away" will assure he gets criticism for quite some time yet. He needs to start promoting veganism for its ethics, keep it positive and not advocate outdated vegetarianism.

There was still no direct statement or confirmation in this interview from Morrissey that he actually is vegan. Larry King presumes he is, then Moz backtracks and says how he became vegetarian years ago and it's 'a process'. As with the cancer section, he squirmed his way through this bit with as much obfuscation as possible. We know he doesn't eat meat, and he no longer wears leather shoes - does he still eat cheese and diary products? The jury is still out, as far as I am concerned.

Trying to watch the video but it's very frustrating... keeps glitching out at about the 10 minute mark, as soon as he takes his shoe off! I tried refreshing a few times but it seems to not work always at that same point. Sigh. A few of the clips posted here helped! Pretty good interview - entertaining for the most part. Anybody else feel sad when he said right at the beginning that The Smiths never even really liked each other? I mean, I know they clearly have their differences and have had for a long time, but he and Johnny have both said complimentary things about each other and their relationship long after the group was finished. It seems a shame to say they never really liked each other when, even in Morrissey's autobiography, he talks about the love and the bond they all shared. Why deny that? I just found that sad. :(

doesnt it seem pretty obvious that they didnt like each other by the time the smiths were at thtat point, the end. i mean johnny left befcause they didnt like each other, rourk had been recently kicked out and let back in which couldnt have hepled things on a personal level and not to long after joyce would be sueing. saying that when they spit was a relief because they didnt like each other seems pretty accurate. didnt johnny and moz only really start talking again around the box set curation and release. i dont think ive even seen them in public together since with that weird stage moment being the exception

So ! What have we learned from this stage managed Q and A ?

Well I shall tell you ! I and others in the minority and outside of the cult ( they know who they are without being named ) have been right all along ! Every day of every week of every month of every year ! FACT !
LK :You're not stage four then ?
SS :Urrr, No !
Roll back the clock to news papers and news channels reporting MORRISSEY HAS CANCER in a recent interview the singer said etc, etc, etc.

LK : WHEN did you become vegan ?
SS : It takes a long time (question avoided because the truth known the real answer is when Kerrygold Dubliner cheese was leaked out on his tour rider) " cough cough ! Thirty, cough ! Three, cough ! Years.

LK : What do you miss ? Benny in England.
SS : ( Oh 4ck how did this slip through ) Oh look at my expensive plastic shoes they're made by Stella McCartload don't you know !

The first interview after 10 years ? HOGWASH ! Larry King didn't know anything about the past, present or future of the person as he read out questions that someone else had written ! FACT !

"I really don't like all the glitzy glamour of show business" said Silly Steven as he sat there wearing more jingle jangle bling than Jimmy Saville.

Get off the stage you CrankFraud or just have the guts to stop telling lies, you don't have Cancer and you've been eating the cheese.
Victory to the minority ! The World Cult would not listen !

Goodnight and thankyou

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Hmmm, after watching that performance of KMAL, is Boz simply singing "kiss me a lot" when he does the backing vocal part? Or is he saying something else? When his lips moved it looked different somehow.

I think it will be besame mucho besame - which (I think) is the Spanish for kiss me a lot kiss me

I have watched almost all of his interviews, I really think he has turned the corner. He seems, maybe...mentally healthy? I think he is depressed just because he is lonely. He seems like the type to need someone to poke him to go out and do things. Every friend represents a world we could not discover on our own, something like that.

really? i know that fans see him in a different way, but omg he looks like the evil guy from Lazy Town nowadays. He used to be handsome when he was young, but let's be honest, he hasn't aged well at all

I haven't watched the whole interview. I want to know if Larry asked him about THe Smiths

Morrissey's handsome. How is that not being honest?

After several watches.... It grates that he wasn't direct about staging. Any of us who have been treated would know what 'stage' we were. You don't take chemotherapy pre-emptively. It frustrates me as a simple sentence or two would sort things.
I like how he'd clearly researched King - who doesn't keep a gudge, but writes off people who wronged him (a thing Larry has been open with in the past).
A reasonable, albeit, random interview.
Regards,
FWD

who knows, maybe he wanted the smiths to be over so he could pursue a solo career

Um, most definitely not. Read, in succession, the interviews he gave from 89-91. He was devastated and wanted the band to reform, even as he leapt into Viva Hate (to fulfill the EMI obligation). To say it was "nice when it ended" is a complete rewrite of history.

Otherwise, good interview.

After several watches.... It grates that he wasn't direct about staging. Any of us who have been treated would know what 'stage' we were. You don't take chemotherapy pre-emptively. It frustrates me as a simple sentence or two would sort things.
I like how he'd clearly researched King - who doesn't keep a gudge, but writes off people who wronged him (a thing Larry has been open with in the past).
A reasonable, albeit, random interview.
Regards,
FWD

Larry's "Stage 4" question was indeed Morrissey's chance to clear things up. All he had to say was that he'd had a cancer "scare," and that he was diagnosed with a condition that sometimes precedes cancer.

As others have said: they've probably found pre-cancerous cells, and Morrissey endures regular biopsies. He never claimed he was on chemo however - he's probably on medication to deal with the ulcers, reflux, etc. He did go out of his way to proclaim his obviously glowing good health.

I knew a young woman who told everyone that she had terminal (stage 4) bone cancer five years ago. She told me that she could no longer move her arm without pain, and her work as an artist was suffering. She didn't think she'd live out the year - I felt terribly for her. She was an interesting woman - got some big press out of her tragic condition (Letterman, if memory serves). Five years later, and she's absolutely fine - not a trace of illness, and won't discuss her former, tragic "situation." Now that's despicable.

doesnt it seem pretty obvious that they didnt like each other by the time the smiths were at thtat point, the end. i mean johnny left befcause they didnt like each other, rourk had been recently kicked out and let back in which couldnt have hepled things on a personal level and not to long after joyce would be sueing. saying that when they spit was a relief because they didnt like each other seems pretty accurate. didnt johnny and moz only really start talking again around the box set curation and release. i dont think ive even seen them in public together since with that weird stage moment being the exception

"i dont think ive even seen them in public together since with that weird stage moment being the exception" ??

Tonight's perfomance 20/8/15 a tribute to Cilla Black could it be, Work is a four letter word ?
Step inside love ? What's it all about Damon ? Something tells me somethings gonna happen tonight ? Watch and see, you heard here first @ Steven Solo.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Um, most definitely not. Read, in succession, the interviews he gave from 89-91. He was devastated and wanted the band to reform, even as he leapt into Viva Hate (to fulfill the EMI obligation). To say it was "nice when it ended" is a complete rewrite of history.

Otherwise, good interview.

Yes...at the time he was devastated. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Last edited:
Or Stephen Colbert...I feel like that was less than a decade ago...

I think it has to do with the way "interview" is defined. I would classify his appearance on the Colbert Report as more of a guest spot than a true interview. Speaking for 5 minutes answering three questions briefly is not the same as what did Larry King. More substantive and Morrissey-centric.

why all the Hillary Clinton love? she is an absolute terror. I mean he cant be so obtuse as to think she'd be good for the world. looks what she did in north Africa and the middle east as secretary of state! Morrissey is great but his political sense sucks. i am scared of both the republican and democrats in 2016. God help us. Horrible choices from both sides.

World peace is none of your business indeed.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom