Morrissey on Jeff Buckley

Poco Innocente

A ring a ding ding
Did Morrissey ever say anything publicly regarding the death of Jeff Buckley? Or for that matter ever mention him publicly?

Not sure. I know JB was mad about The Smiths though. Interesting question this actually!​

Not sure. I know JB was mad about The Smiths though. Interesting question this actually!​

yeah, I heard JB cover of The Boy With The Thorn... the other day and it was beautiful!

I'm curious about any mention. Jeff had played the Glastonbury Festival. He was truly amazing and I would urge anyone unfamiliar to explore his music. He is the only one that can be placed alongside Moz. I had the fortunate experience of seeing him in concert twice and had a brief conversation with him on his tour bus in Nashville.

I now that Jeff Buckley adores the Smiths. Other than that I don't have anything fresh to offer to this topic.

Did Morrissey ever say anything publicly regarding the death of Jeff Buckley? Or for that matter ever mention him publicly?

i can't imagine steve would look favourably on jeff buckley. his taste in music is shite.

Jeff Buckley is an absolutely amazing singer songwriter. I highly recommend everyone get a copy of his first cd "Grace" or his posthumous album "Sketches (For My Sweetheart the Drunk)". Jeff has had several interviews where he said that he loved The Smiths and idolized Morrissey. Nice topic:)

Back
Top Bottom