Morrissey on Guardian

I
How so?

Ohh, meh. It doesn't matter. I'm compartmentalizing this whole thing because there are two issues on the table here as far as I see it. THere's what Morrissey said and it's backlash, then there's me worrying about the circumstances in which the interview was conducted and wondering if Morrissey;s kryptonite was in full swing which made him come out punching which reads as him being an uncaring ass, which I don't sense he is. I don;t know when this interview was conducted and you have to take with a grain of salt that Morrissey and I gaze into the same crystal ball, but I've been seeing "I'm gonna f*** with you" signs for over a month now. The other site is designed to coddle Morrissey which can be so destructive in these proverbial battles with reporters or life in genereal, so I'm suspect of the whole thing, but I can't exactly explain why without a ten page, mostly incomprehensive diatribe to most. In short she was fluffing her feathers about her site on a mutual facebooker's page whom I admire and won't drag into this. It;s not really an issue.

I just want to sit Morrissey down in my kitchen and ask him what happened, what the circumstances were and help him. I mean he;s a grown man and responsible for his actions and all that, but he;s prone to getting tricked. I;m not saying Armitage KNEW he was tricking him, it;s more delicate than that, but he was tricked and now all this bad press. And he's the good guy. Constant f***ing tests.

Ohh, meh. It doesn't matter. I'm compartmentalizing this whole thing because there are two issues on the table here as far as I see it. THere's what Morrissey said and it's backlash, then there's me worrying about the circumstances in which the interview was conducted and wondering if Morrissey;s kryptonite was in full swing which made him come out punching which reads as him being an uncaring ass, which I don't sense he is. I don;t know when this interview was conducted and you have to take with a grain of salt that Morrissey and I gaze into the same crystal ball, but I've been seeing "I'm gonna f*** with you" signs for over a month now. The other site is designed to coddle Morrissey which can be so destructive in these proverbial battles with reporters or life in genereal, so I'm suspect of the whole thing, but I can't exactly explain why without a ten page, mostly incomprehensive diatribe to most. In short she was fluffing her feathers about her site on a mutual facebooker's page whom I admire and won't drag into this. It;s not really an issue.

I just want to sit Morrissey down in my kitchen and ask him what happened, what the circumstances were and help him. I mean he;s a grown man and responsible for his actions and all that, but he;s prone to getting tricked. I;m not saying Armitage KNEW he was tricking him, it;s more delicate than that, but he was tricked and now all this bad press. And he's the good guy. Constant f***ing tests.

It's not, it's really not. Not in my opinion anyway.

I concur with wanting to know about the whole circumstances though- I think it's all very unfortunate, particularly as just a slightly different choice of words could have prevented all this unnecessary sniping and 'controversy' I don't believe it's his fault though, just people misreading and taking out of context a comment (albeit one which was not as carefully worded as it could have been) which clearly had nothing to do with racism.

"And if you do take on a relationship you have to take on another person's family and friends and it's… really too much. I'd rather not. You find yourself working overtime at a factory to buy a present for a niece you can't stand. That's what happens when you become entangled with other people."

"And if you do take on a relationship you have to take on another person's family and friends and it's… really too much. I'd rather not. You find yourself working overtime at a factory to buy a present for a niece you can't stand. That's what happens when you become entangled with other people."

Ah yes, of course. Apologies. My oversight. It's been an aging week.

Ah yes, of course. Apologies. My oversight. It's been an aging week.

Hard to believe the tender poet with raw insight into the human syche would employ the verses of an Outkast song in his thoughts on life and love. :straightface:

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PWgvGjAhvIw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PWgvGjAhvIw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Well, that was a bit of a letdown. Far too much Armitage, far too little Morrissey. (Lovely photos, though.)

Regarding the comment fiasco, I wholeheartedly agree that China’s human and animal rights violations are abhorrent. And I would hardly expect Morrissey to mince words when speaking about what’s going on there. I love that he cares so passionately. It's refreshing, considering the pointless fluff most singers ramble on about.

Still, I can't help but cringe when anyone makes a sweeping generalization about a people group, even if that person is rather prone to hyperbole, as Morrissey is. It's one thing to criticize a group's words or actions--it's another thing to label that group. And to choose such an incendiary word, with such an ugly history. He must have been aware, on some level, that it would inevitably spark similar sweeping generalizations about HIM. (I see that’s already begun.)

So was this a case of verbal imprecision stemming from deep emotion, or was it a calculated choice on Morrissey's part? I do wish we could see these remarks in their wider context. I wonder if he tried to clarify or expand on them at all.

Regardless, it looks like his choice of words will ultimately defeat his purpose in making the comment in the first place, since the ensuing shitstorm will cloud the very issue he’s trying to illuminate.

ARMitage. Nuff said.

And Quiffaa making a big ol stink on facebook about the mood of her forum providing a more calm place for discussion. Eff that. It's called SYNCOPHANTRY. "

? Is there a chance for a coherent explanation what my name and my forum have got to do with Morrisseys interview with the guardian or whatever point you did try to make or is this a "slag someone off, maybe they won`t notice, I`ll just try to throw some dirt in their direction" I`ve been always civil and open and did not denounce someone esp not in their absence so wtf is going on here?

Well, that was a bit of a letdown. Far too much Armitage, far too little Morrissey. (Lovely photos, though.)

Regarding the comment fiasco, I wholeheartedly agree that China’s human and animal rights violations are abhorrent. And I would hardly expect Morrissey to mince words when speaking about what’s going on there. I love that he cares so passionately. It's refreshing, considering the pointless fluff most singers ramble on about.

Still, I can't help but cringe when anyone makes a sweeping generalization about a people group, even if that person is rather prone to hyperbole, as Morrissey is. It's one thing to criticize a group's words or actions--it's another thing to label that group. And to choose such an incendiary word, with such an ugly history. He must have been aware, on some level, that it would inevitably spark similar sweeping generalizations about HIM. (I see that’s already begun.)

So was this a case of verbal imprecision stemming from deep emotion, or was it a calculated choice on Morrissey's part? I do wish we could see these remarks in their wider context. I wonder if he tried to clarify or expand on them at all.

I actually just read the article.

Dr. Stoner's diagnosis:

1) PROJECTION (feverish)
2) ANIMA INTEGRATION SYSTEM FAIL (gold sneakers)

? Is there a chance for a coherent explanation what my name and my forum have got to do with Morrisseys interview with the guardian or whatever point you did try to make or is this a "slag someone off, maybe they won`t notice, I`ll just try to throw some dirt in their direction" I`ve been always civil and open and did not denounce someone esp not in their absence so wtf is going on here?

Ah, dude is there something wrong with your site? Or is it just my sight?

Oh put a sock in it. When you're not talking about the merits of your own site, you're talking about this one. SHove off.

Ah, dude is there something wrong with your site? Or is it just my sight?

Don`t know about your sight, if you worry you will check an optometric or ophtal-whatever they are called in english. Me and my site are fine, thanks for asking.

Yes, what an ingenious idea from the people at Morrissey-solo 2.0.
Whats it to you? Why do you think you should put a label on? Are you jealous?

Last edited:
Tags
scans
Back
Top Bottom