Morrissey on Extras?

Memphis Mafia

I do apologize if this has been brought up before, but I've been looking everywhere for a mention of this even being questioned. In the episode of 'Extras' with Ross Kemp, there's a guy (an extra, no less) who strongly resembles Morrissey. The problem is that there is never a clear shot of his face. He seems to have the same hair and physique, though, and he shows up in the backgrounds of several scenes. Could this have been just a fun thing that he asked/was asked to do?
The first moment I noticed him is when Ricky is waiting in line for the bathroom. The door opens and this guy comes strolling out (you will definitely know him when you see him). As soon as the camera shifted, I told my friend to rewind it as he was asking me if that was Morrissey, so I don't think I'm completely delusional. The guy then goes to the food truck in the background, goes into a van, then comes back out of the van and goes up to the truck again. I wouldn't put it past the show to have this guy do that, but it really seems like a deliberate effort was made to get him on camera. And, like I said, he shows up in several other scenes.

If anyone has noticed this before, or if you decide to give the episode a watch (and you really should even if you don't care whether it's Moz or not) and look out for it, I'd appreciate hearing about it!

I do apologize if this has been brought up before, but I've been looking everywhere for a mention of this even being questioned. In the episode of 'Extras' with Ross Kemp, there's a guy (an extra, no less) who strongly resembles Morrissey. The problem is that there is never a clear shot of his face. He seems to have the same hair and physique, though, and he shows up in the backgrounds of several scenes. Could this have been just a fun thing that he asked/was asked to do?
The first moment I noticed him is when Ricky is waiting in line for the bathroom. The door opens and this guy comes strolling out (you will definitely know him when you see him). As soon as the camera shifted, I told my friend to rewind it as he was asking me if that was Morrissey, so I don't think I'm completely delusional. The guy then goes to the food truck in the background, goes into a van, then comes back out of the van and goes up to the truck again. I wouldn't put it past the show to have this guy do that, but it really seems like a deliberate effort was made to get him on camera. And, like I said, he shows up in several other scenes.

If anyone has noticed this before, or if you decide to give the episode a watch (and you really should even if you don't care whether it's Moz or not) and look out for it, I'd appreciate hearing about it!

Can't say I noticed, but then again my copy is a UMD. So watching it on a PSP would hardly be the best way to check out the people in the background!

I'll still give it a whirl.

Morrissey has NEVER starred in Extras at all, not even as background material.

Is it possible you just didn't notice him? He's certainly not in the credits and there isn't any info about it online, but I really have a tough time believing the guy in this episode isn't him (of course it is both possible and likely that I'm wrong, but it seems like a thing he - and Ricky - might do).

If you could be so kind as to let us know how far into the episode his possible appearance is, I could go on Youtube and take a look (and I'm sure others would do the same). But, as good as 'Extras' might be, I don't fancy watching an episode from beginning right now. :)

God, it really does look like him, doesn't it!

I think Gervais might have slotted this in as a subliminal pixie-ish asside. He's a big Mozz fan, as we know. The Mozzalike (?) looks Bona Drag period to me. Oh, and the sideburns aren't quite in the right trajectory.

It really looks like Morrissey.Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington have mentioned Morrissey a couple of times on their podcast so maybe they're fans.

hi guys, new here, not new to moz tho, yeah it does look like moz but as swallow says looks like a 90's moz. interesting tho.

I must be looking at the wrong guy, because he looks nothing like him. :confused::lbf:

I think the first bit looks a lot like him. He's even dressed like him and walks like him, but it obviously isn't.

Back
Top Bottom