Morrissey on Broadway - May 2–11 residency (Lunt-Fontanne Theatre) - Playbill

Morrissey, the British singer-songwriter whose baritone voice has become part of the cultural fabric, will come to Broadway.

The former frontman of The Smiths will play Lunt-Fontanne Theatre in residency May 2–11 in conjunction with the release of his latest album, a collection of '60s and '70s covers titled California Son, set to drop May 24 through Étienne Records/BMG.

Tickets go on sale March 8 at MorrisseyOfficial.com.

http://www.playbill.com/article/morrissey-will-come-to-broadway-this-may

An anonymous person posted the link with the promo image / dates (May 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11):

Morrissey Announces Broadway Residency - Broadway World

46462_may2019NYC.png

Last edited by a moderator:
At least he could afford to

:rolleyes:
he only has that 100 bill from that twat who went to the sucky meet and greet, so technically he could get a 99 dollar tix over in the top back with 'surface' invisible family.:lbf:
he wont be allowed in with the flowery shirt, this is a prestigious venue.:straightface:

Reckon what may cause shows to end early will be the desperate Brit and Nazi people from Yerup that had to spend their life savings or maxed out their credit cards to fly to New York and see The California Son after getting insanely jealous after watching vids of the San Diego gig from the previous California tour when everyone was getting on stage. The last thing The California Son wants to have happen is some Tony's Giant Pizza and root beer gorged foreigner in brand new too small Levis 501's and a freshly minted Yankee hat run on stage and try to touch him. Rich Americans and desperate foreigners will not be a good mix m8 innn n nn nn nnnnn nnn n din't n n n nn it.

Reckon what may cause shows to end early will be the desperate Brit and Nazi people from Yerup that had to spend their life savings or maxed out their credit cards to fly to New York and see The California Son after getting insanely jealous after watching vids of the San Diego gig from the previous California tour when everyone was getting on stage. The last thing The California Son wants to have happen is some Tony's Giant Pizza and root beer gorged foreigner in brand new too small Levis 501's and a freshly minted Yankee hat run on stage and try to touch him. Rich Americans and desperate foreigners will not be a good mix m8 innn n nn nn nnnnn nnn n din't n n n nn it.

Talk about perfecting your craft. This post is pretty close to it. I'd give it a 10/10 if you had included Nancy and Lil Sammy references.

he only has that 100 bill from that twat who went to the sucky meet and greet, so technically he could get a 99 dollar tix over in the top back with 'surface' invisible family.:lbf:
he wont be allowed in with the flowery shirt, this is a prestigious venue.:straightface:
Open a window at least so you aren't marinating in your own farts all day

how sad you are. I guess you like marinating in your own farts.

I take it :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: will be 75 years old and still wearing the ONE and ONLY :hibiscus: shirt.:rage:

3 years, 3 LONG YEARS :expressionless:
and still the SAME :hibiscus: shirto_O

is he in love with the FLOWERY SHIRT FFS:lbf:

:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: will be wearing the flowery shirt at the 'USA COMET":lbf: may 1 show. three full years
wearing the same flowery shirtdoh:
Trolls, thats your show to go:thumb:

johnny-marr-website.jpg

Those are hearts not flowers! And it is a beautiful shirt! Everyone should experience a Johnny Marr concert by the way, lots of fun and Johnny is an amazing and talented performer! Go see both Morrissey and Marr in one week - it's probably the closest we'll get to a Smiths reunion.

Those are hearts not flowers! And it is a beautiful shirt! Everyone should experience a Johnny Marr concert by the way, lots of fun and Johnny is an amazing and talented performer! Go see both Morrissey and Marr in one week - it's probably the closest we'll get to a Smiths reunion.

Hello Missus, why does:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: aka "the hubby" insist on wearing the same shirt
for damn near 3 years???? every time you look at a video its the same flowery shirt??:head-smack:
is he being difficult or just enamored of the stupid shirt, which must be ready to
fall apart.:disappointed:

Ahoy m8's!

Nigel Whales Butt III here and I hail from Mank. Reckon I sold me autographed Paylay kickball and was able to buy a ticket for 11 2019 May A.D. Reckon me steamer leaves Liver Pool tomorrow directly for New York!! I reckon me hope me make it by the concert. After the concert I am going to hitchhike across the USA just like James Dean with the first stop in Mississippi to find me great great great great Uncle Willy's cotton farm who emigrated to the USA in 1781, next stop will be the Dean Ranch in Indiana and beg them to make me a vegetarian breakfast just like they did Sir California Son, then visit where James Dean crashed his car, and finally ending up in Moz Angeles on Sir California Son's birthday. I am going to hide in the bushes all day in front of The Sunset Marquis and pray I can see Sir California Son and Aunt Nancy come for his birthday dinner.

P.S. PM me for the best place to buy a cheap Yankee hat in New York. Reckon me will just have 20 stones to spend.

Cheers!

Marr and Morrissey have talked several times over the years. Marr said on his book tour that there is no animosity between them. Not out of the question that Marr could show up, or less likely but Moz could show up at one of Johnny's dates.

The only possibility for JM to show up for the Lunt-Fontanne run would be the first night (May 2nd), as that is the date that coincides with a gap in JM's schedule:

May 01 (Wed)
Moz = no performance
Marr = Wellmont Theater Montclair, NJ]
* May 02 (Thr) *
Moz = Night #1
Marr = no performance
May 03 (Fri)
Moz = Night #2
Marr = Fete Music Hall, Providence, RI
May 04 (Sat)
Moz = Night #3
Marr = College Street Music Hall, New Haven, CT
May 05 (Sun)
Moz = no performance
Marr = no performance
* May 06 (Mon) *
Moz = no performance
Marr = The Paramount, Huntington, NY
May 07 (Tue)
Moz = Night #4
Marr = Higher Ground, Burlington, VT
May 08 (Wed)
Moz = Night #5
Marr = Aura, Portland, ME
May 09 (Thr)
Moz = no performance
Marr = no performance
May 10 (Fri)
Moz =Night #6
Marr = London Music Hall, London Canada
May 11 (Sat)
Moz =Night #7
Marr = Saint Andrews Hall, Detroit, MI

So, 1st night it is then for the possible Marr reunion?

So, 1st night it is then for the possible Marr reunion?

:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: when alone, with no one around, plays only Moz solo stuff, wishing he had written it.:handsopen:
however he lacks the skills to play in public due to limited :guitar: skills.:straightface:

maybe if he continues to practice and tag along Moz will let him play a bit on Paris in a few years.:rock:
but a prestigious Broadway stage? NO

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom