Morrissey on Broadway - May 2–11 residency (Lunt-Fontanne Theatre) - Playbill

Morrissey, the British singer-songwriter whose baritone voice has become part of the cultural fabric, will come to Broadway.

The former frontman of The Smiths will play Lunt-Fontanne Theatre in residency May 2–11 in conjunction with the release of his latest album, a collection of '60s and '70s covers titled California Son, set to drop May 24 through Étienne Records/BMG.

Tickets go on sale March 8 at MorrisseyOfficial.com.

http://www.playbill.com/article/morrissey-will-come-to-broadway-this-may

An anonymous person posted the link with the promo image / dates (May 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11):

Morrissey Announces Broadway Residency - Broadway World

46462_may2019NYC.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t feed the troll. That’s his mom’s responsibility. ...and something she and his absentee father have obviously failed at.

It’s a shitty thing for the rest of us to have to deal with. ...but please ignore him. He’s basically RuPrict (the monkey-boy) but without the limited cognitive ability or endearing social grace. ;)
:rolleyes:

now all the trolls including the NDSP(Surface) want recordings.:lbf:
five minutes ago they had been 'done' with Moz and all Moz related
materials and paraphernalia (except for the Moz forum:lbf:) now they
all want to be pelted with recordings.:lbf:

why even the interest FFF?? dont you all have him cancelling?:lbf:

what a ball of nutjob trolls.

dont be hypocrites and give up the recordings. :flamethrow:

Hey bud. You run this site?

Seems like you’re pretty invested.

I know you sock puppet trolls will never ever in a million years ever attend
another Moz performance but just in case, all Skinny/Surface/Hooky/:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:
sock puppet trolls are "Banned on Broadway".:banned:

:laughing:

Thanks - ordered the digital download and got the pre-sale code.

Depending on the cost of the tickets, I may try to do a couple of nights. Any of you all that have seen him do these multi night engagements - any advice on which nights to shoot for? I imagine towards the end will be riskier in terms of cancellations since not sure how his voice will hold up -

Thanks - ordered the digital download and got the pre-sale code.

Depending on the cost of the tickets, I may try to do a couple of nights. Any of you all that have seen him do these multi night engagements - any advice on which nights to shoot for? I imagine towards the end will be riskier in terms of cancellations since not sure how his voice will hold up -

I'm also thinking multiple nights depending on prices. I think the biggest demand will be for the weekends. I wonder if these shows will follow standard Broadway pricing ? Because in many cases (like the Donna Summer musical which will be closing at the Lunt Fontanne) the actual star isn't part of the cast. Anyways, this is very exciting and a new direction for Morrissey!

As of 10:30am EST March 5th, there are already many resale tickets up on Stubhub. Any guesses how this is possible when the earliest presale hasn't even started yet and isn't supposed to until tomorrow?

As of 10:30am EST March 5th, there are already many resale tickets up on Stubhub. Any guesses how this is possible when the earliest presale hasn't even started yet and isn't supposed to until tomorrow?
$1,500 per ticket can't be bad

Those are placeholders. The seller is securing a seat and price without actually owning the ticket. Purely speculative.

IDK how you can speculate and sell a specific seat

my guess is they defiantly have early access one way or another

Those are placeholders. The seller is securing a seat and price without actually owning the ticket. Purely speculative.
they seem to know the specific seat?

I reckon there is not a California theme. He just named the album California Son so everyone would know that he was really born at Verdugo Hills Hospital in Moz Angeles and not Mankchaster, but not really admitting it so he can still get foreigner money and the mporium uk can still be the highest selling merch website for a living pop star. It's going to be a "greatest hits" of smiths crap and his solo stuff for middle aged rich northeast fans, tourists who want to see a show on Broadway and foreigners from Brittin who can get a cheaper flight instead of flying all the way to California to see their American Idol mate inn n n nnn n it. It's not going to be like a Moz Angeles or San Diego show with everyone trying to get on stage.

Thats how touts and their bots work.

...that’s also how Moorissey can claim to sell out 1500 seat venues that are half empty. ;)

Four nights at the Opera House in Sydney in 2015.

7 nights in the same venue, when was the last time he did anything like that? Was it the 6 nights in Camden in 08?

I reckon you foreigners are so delusional. It was 10 nights in his hometown at the Hollywood Palladium in October 2007 in nn nn n nn n n n it. Maybe you have The California Son confused with Men at Work or Joy Order.

No. This information is fundamentally wrong.

They own the seats. Bought by bots. Those that don’t sell to obsessed clowns before will go for half of face value outside the venue, 30 minutes into the show. Happens EVERY time. I don’t even buy tickets in advance anymore. Cheaper at the door, if you don’t mind missing 3-4 songs.

You’ll basically tell them what you’re willing to pay and they’ll take it, or they’ll go home with a pocket full of unsold tickets.

...but since Mooorissey has never had the stamina to play for 2 hours, it’s hardly worth it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom