Morrissey on "Berlin Live" ARTE tv stream (Oct. 11, 2017) reminder / reports

Setlist:

Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Speedway / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / Spent The Day In Bed / Home Is A Question Mark / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / The Bullfighter Dies / All The Young People Must Fall In Love / When You Open Your Legs / Meat Is Murder / Back On The Chain Gang

setlist provided by Famous when dead

• Download thread
  • Image from budti / Instagram. Link posted by an anonymous person.

40929_berlin_live.jpg
  • Review: Morrissey live in Berlin – Der 100-Prozent-Mann by Sassan Niasseri - Rolling Stone. Link posted by an anonymous person.
  • Nachlese: Morrissey live in Berlin by Dirk Hartmann - INTRO. Link posted by lanterns.

Frida54 writes:

When I heard that Morrissey was going to at an Arte Channel secret Berlin show to be taped I signed up for their audience guest list and although all tickets were taken, I received this today...

Liebe Berlin live Community

Für alle, die keinen Platz für die Aufzeichnung mit Morrissey am 11.10 ergattern konnten, ein kleines Trostpflaster:

Arte Concert zeigt den gesamten Auftritt live im Internet.

Unter folgendem Link könnt ihr das Morrissey Konzert in Echtzeit ab ca. 18.50 Uhr mitverfolgen.
https://www.arte.tv/de/videos/078567-002-A/berlin-live-morrissey/
Solltet ihr morgen Abend schon was anderes vorhaben, wird der Stream unter diesem Link für 24 Stunden in der Mediathek abrufbar bleiben.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß beim Ansehen und Mitsingen!

Google Translate to English:

For all those who could not get any space for the recording with Morrissey on the 11th, a small consoling patch:

Arte Concert shows the entire performance live on the Internet.

In the following link, you can follow the Morrissey concert in real time from about 6:50 pm.
https://www.arte.tv/de/videos/078567-002-A/berlin-live-morrissey/

Should you have something else tomorrow evening, the stream will be available for 24 hours in the media library under this link.

We wish you lots of fun while singing and singing!

Related item:

Last edited:
No. No it isn't. I encourage you to explore and learn more about Wilde before you search the internet randomly. This is not a genuine quote. Sorry to say. I wasn't going to reply, but...
quote.jpg

It is all over - Internet. But I respect your view. Will check in my Wilde portfolio...
of course, problematic is the word car:
That said, Word and Phrase Origins states that "the word car comes from a Celtic word that sounded like karra to Julius Caesar, who gave the name to his chariots. Karra later was Latinized to carra. Surprisingly, the word car appears first around 1300; carriage evolved from it, then horseless carriage, and, finally, back to car again as a shortened form."

No. No it isn't. I encourage you to explore and learn more about Wilde before you search the internet randomly. This is not a genuine quote. Sorry to say. I wasn't going to reply, but...

So, this little Sherlock Holmes expedition is over :

In 1888 “The Travelers’ Record” published a poem by Mrs. L. G. McVean that emphasized the secrecy as well as the singularity of a song intended only for a loved one:

Ah! keep my songs within your heart
(The heart that holds the singer too),
And never to the world impart
The music only meant for you.
Nor breathe one word, one tender word aloud,
Lest it be heard by the cold-hearted crowd.

To sing what only you can hear
Will keep my heart in perfect tune;

As sings the nightingale, when clear
Above her shines the summer moon,
And every tone of truthful love that flows
Is heard alone by the enraptured rose.

In 1900, near the end of his life, Oscar Wilde did get a chance to interact with an automobile as reported in Hesketh Pearson’s biography of Wilde. He was invited to visit with a friend named Harold Mellor who had recently purchased one of the new-fangled vehicles. Wilde’s comment about the technology reflected its incomplete development:

. . . enjoying the automobile, which constantly broke down: “They, like all machines, are more wilful than animals—nervous, irritable, strange things,” and he thought of writing an article on “nerves in the inorganic world.”
The above remark suggests that Wilde probably would not have constructed a quotation with the term “fancy car” used as a symbol of status when his primary experience was with an erratic failure-prone contraption.

Last edited:
I'm reading Peter Hook's autobiography about his time in New Order (the book is called Substance). It's very funny and he mentions the fights that ensued with fans when New Order would only play for 25 mins. Top book that goes into some detail track by track on each album, as well as the wider biography stuff about the band. I wish Moz or Marr had taken a similar approach. I have far more time for Hooky now after starting his book. I well recommend it to anyone interested in New Order.

Agree, its a great book, a real warts and all view of his life in bands, some of the stuff they got up to is hilarious.

https://www.intro.de/popmusik/morrissey-live-in-berlin-the-last-of-the-famous-international-playboys

Another glowing review of Last nights fabulous Morrissey concert. Gonna try to translate some parts later,

I find these other three reviews better written

Morrissey live in Berlin: „Doch, doch, ihr liebt Angela Merkel“

https://www.musikexpress.de/morrissey-live-in-berlin-doch-doch-ihr-liebt-angela-merkel-915947/

Morrissey in Berlin: "Platz 81 wäre toll"

http://www.laut.de/News/Morrissey-in-Berlin-Platz-81-waere-toll-12-10-2017-14060

Morrissey live in Berlin Ich wünsch dir Einsamkeit

http://www.tagesspiegel.de/kultur/morrissey-live-in-berlin-ich-wuensch-dir-einsamkeit/20448856.html

Given the broad smile on her face, the woman who shouted during the concerts seems to think she did something great? Bizarre. She just came across as stupid as all others of her type. Morrissey did the only right thing, not take her seriously. I admire how he grasped for air and then moved on. I have seen him react quite differently in similar situations. It has taken a while, but I now understand how and why he cares so little about what is written about him. He is of course right about the news, I have read so often in the comments sections of newspapers how people wrote that they have been close to getting a heart attack. One can only skip the news however if you have figured out the patterns behind the actions of those who think they were elected to do what they want and know whom you are dealing with. I have never been involved in any event that was later properly reported on anyway, which is why I often like to go places to see for myself.

It was a good concert. I was prepared for it not being as good as it was. Pleasant surprise. :thumb:

https://www.intro.de/popmusik/morrissey-live-in-berlin-the-last-of-the-famous-international-playboys

Another glowing review of Last nights fabulous Morrissey concert. Gonna try to translate some parts later,

I find these other three reviews better written

Morrissey live in Berlin: „Doch, doch, ihr liebt Angela Merkel“

https://www.musikexpress.de/morrissey-live-in-berlin-doch-doch-ihr-liebt-angela-merkel-915947/

Morrissey in Berlin: "Platz 81 wäre toll"

http://www.laut.de/News/Morrissey-in-Berlin-Platz-81-waere-toll-12-10-2017-14060

Morrissey live in Berlin Ich wünsch dir Einsamkeit

http://www.tagesspiegel.de/kultur/morrissey-live-in-berlin-ich-wuensch-dir-einsamkeit/20448856.html

Given the broad smile on her face, the woman who shouted during the concerts seems to think she did something great? Bizarre. She just came across as stupid as all others of her type. Morrissey did the only right thing, not take her seriously. I admire how he grasped for air and then moved on. I have seen him react quite differently in similar situations. It has taken a while, but I now understand how and why he cares so little about what is written about him. He is of course right about the news, I have read so often in the comments sections of newspapers how people wrote that they have been close to getting a heart attack. One can only skip the news however if you have figured out the patterns behind the actions of those who think they were elected to do what they want and know whom you are dealing with. I have never been involved in any event that was later properly reported on anyway, which is why I often like to go places to see for myself.

It was a good concert. I was prepared for it not being as good as it was. Pleasant surprise. :thumb:

God - what an awful bunch of musicians Moz has around him. So sad. Just imagine that voice paired with a decent band. Of the new material,´Day in Bed´is ok - typical Moz pop - and also ´All the Young People´ and ´Home is a Question Mark´ sound standard Moz album tracks. ´I Wish You Lonely´ sounds just dreadful. Hectoring and humourless. And ´Open Your Legs´ even worse. Moz really has nothing left to say going on this mew material.

You quote GOD. But yet you remain ANONYMOUS ? Pity you do not have the balls to pop your little
name down at the end of that tripe, so we can laugh at YOU all day long. Not just for putting Hectoring and humourless in the same sentence. Bye !

Hazard

No. Listen to his tone on Alma Matters . He just shits all over it. It's not even his technique half the time. He picks wildly inappropriate sounds for the material and sounds even heavier handed than he actually is.

Yes, I think Jesse is and you are right. I am one of these ppl who totally disagrees with G23 above. But then again, G23 is allowed to have an opinion - it's just a matter of opinion. It is tricky playing lead guitar - I'll be honest with you - and Jesse has been improving from 2006 onwards, but I think he does a great job. Mr Tobias also has some great pedals and kit too !

Hazard

yes, it is Viva Mozza I was replying to. You thicko.

Viva Mozza said:
"No wages, no light, no heat, no food"
:thumb:
surprised no one else mentioned this interesting little addition to the song 'Spent the day in bed'.

Read my post again dildo breath.

It said at the end "CASE CLOSED". Duh!

God - what an awful bunch of musicians Moz has around him. So sad. Just imagine that voice paired with a decent band. Of the new material,´Day in Bed´is ok - typical Moz pop - and also ´All the Young People´ and ´Home is a Question Mark´ sound standard Moz album tracks. ´I Wish You Lonely´ sounds just dreadful. Hectoring and humourless. And ´Open Your Legs´ even worse. Moz really has nothing left to say going on this mew material.

your style is very offensive but i agree with impression - the band sounds weary.

new songs seems fresh and beautiful but i have an impression band can't handle them - i have never experienced this before.

i know j. chiccarelli did his part perfectly (for album) but they have to change something radically to carry them well on stage. i don't know is this the matter of improvement on concert sound design or someone who's in the group doesn't fit (this would be sad for it seems they are like family).

or... they just were dead in berlin :rofl:

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom