Morrissey on "Berlin Live" ARTE tv stream (Oct. 11, 2017) reminder / reports

Setlist:

Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Speedway / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / Spent The Day In Bed / Home Is A Question Mark / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / The Bullfighter Dies / All The Young People Must Fall In Love / When You Open Your Legs / Meat Is Murder / Back On The Chain Gang

setlist provided by Famous when dead

• Download thread
  • Image from budti / Instagram. Link posted by an anonymous person.

40929_berlin_live.jpg
  • Review: Morrissey live in Berlin – Der 100-Prozent-Mann by Sassan Niasseri - Rolling Stone. Link posted by an anonymous person.
  • Nachlese: Morrissey live in Berlin by Dirk Hartmann - INTRO. Link posted by lanterns.

Frida54 writes:

When I heard that Morrissey was going to at an Arte Channel secret Berlin show to be taped I signed up for their audience guest list and although all tickets were taken, I received this today...

Liebe Berlin live Community

Für alle, die keinen Platz für die Aufzeichnung mit Morrissey am 11.10 ergattern konnten, ein kleines Trostpflaster:

Arte Concert zeigt den gesamten Auftritt live im Internet.

Unter folgendem Link könnt ihr das Morrissey Konzert in Echtzeit ab ca. 18.50 Uhr mitverfolgen.
https://www.arte.tv/de/videos/078567-002-A/berlin-live-morrissey/
Solltet ihr morgen Abend schon was anderes vorhaben, wird der Stream unter diesem Link für 24 Stunden in der Mediathek abrufbar bleiben.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß beim Ansehen und Mitsingen!

Google Translate to English:

For all those who could not get any space for the recording with Morrissey on the 11th, a small consoling patch:

Arte Concert shows the entire performance live on the Internet.

In the following link, you can follow the Morrissey concert in real time from about 6:50 pm.
https://www.arte.tv/de/videos/078567-002-A/berlin-live-morrissey/

Should you have something else tomorrow evening, the stream will be available for 24 hours in the media library under this link.

We wish you lots of fun while singing and singing!

Related item:

Last edited:
No. No it isn't. I encourage you to explore and learn more about Wilde before you search the internet randomly. This is not a genuine quote. Sorry to say. I wasn't going to reply, but...
thank you. that quote irks me so much. not only is it categorically not oscar, but how anyone could have attributed it to him is beyond me. it sounds nothing like what he would say. i mean, for starters, i imagine he wouldve at least said "fine raiment" instead of the common and cliche sounding "fancy clothes".

edit: oops, fancy car, not fancy clothes. whatever. he still wouldn't have said it.

Last edited:
no. i thought for a moment, "well maybe he said it in one of his childrens stories while in the voice of some simple, overly sentimental character, and so it's not actually something he said directly which could never be the case, but something one of his characters said". but if so, i should be able to do a search for the quote to find out in what wilde work it originated. but no, nothing turns up.
also, i imagine i would've seen it before in all of the many (published) oscar wilde compilations i have read over the years. the fact that ive only ever seen it on the internet--and that of all oscar wilde quotes, real or fake, it seems to be the one in greatest circulation on the internet, appealing to those people who like to post mushy, corny, meaningless sayings-- already makes it highly suspect.

https://www.quora.com/I-have-seen-t...e-mean-something-else-when-he-said-car-Did-he

no. i thought for a moment, "well maybe he said it in one of his childrens stories while in the voice of some simple, overly sentimental character, and so it's not actually something he said directly which could never be the case, but something one of his characters said". but if so, i should be able to do a search for the quote to find out in what wilde work it originated. but no, nothing turns up.
also, i imagine i would've seen it before in all of the many (published) oscar wilde compilations i have read over the years. the fact that ive only ever seen it on the internet--and that of all oscar wilde quotes, real or fake, it seems to be the one in greatest circulation on the internet, appealing to those people who like to post mushy, corny, meaningless sayings-- already makes it highly suspect.

https://www.quora.com/I-have-seen-t...e-mean-something-else-when-he-said-car-Did-he

This dilemma is over. Somehow crawls in to my Wilde folder, but - NO Oscar Wilde (but sentence is good by it self)--->>>
(My yesterday post);
In 1888 “The Travelers’ Record” published a poem by Mrs. L. G. McVean that emphasized the secrecy as well as the singularity of a song intended only for a loved one:

Ah! keep my songs within your heart
(The heart that holds the singer too),
And never to the world impart
The music only meant for you.
Nor breathe one word, one tender word aloud,
Lest it be heard by the cold-hearted crowd.

To sing what only you can hear
Will keep my heart in perfect tune;

As sings the nightingale, when clear
Above her shines the summer moon,
And every tone of truthful love that flows
Is heard alone by the enraptured rose.

In 1900, near the end of his life, Oscar Wilde did get a chance to interact with an automobile as reported in Hesketh Pearson’s biography of Wilde. He was invited to visit with a friend named Harold Mellor who had recently purchased one of the new-fangled vehicles. Wilde’s comment about the technology reflected its incomplete development:

. . . enjoying the automobile, which constantly broke down: “They, like all machines, are more wilful than animals—nervous, irritable, strange things,” and he thought of writing an article on “nerves in the inorganic world.”
The above remark suggests that Wilde probably would not have constructed a quotation with the term “fancy car” used as a symbol of status when his primary experience was with an erratic failure-prone contraption.
Last edited: Yesterday at 7:38 PM

This dilemma is over. Somehow crawls in to my Wilde folder, but - NO Oscar Wilde (but sentence is good by it self)--->>>
(My yesterday post);
In 1888 “The Travelers’ Record” published a poem by Mrs. L. G. McVean that emphasized the secrecy as well as the singularity of a song intended only for a loved one:

Ah! keep my songs within your heart
(The heart that holds the singer too),
And never to the world impart
The music only meant for you.
Nor breathe one word, one tender word aloud,
Lest it be heard by the cold-hearted crowd.

To sing what only you can hear
Will keep my heart in perfect tune;
As sings the nightingale, when clear
Above her shines the summer moon,
And every tone of truthful love that flows
Is heard alone by the enraptured rose.

In 1900, near the end of his life, Oscar Wilde did get a chance to interact with an automobile as reported in Hesketh Pearson’s biography of Wilde. He was invited to visit with a friend named Harold Mellor who had recently purchased one of the new-fangled vehicles. Wilde’s comment about the technology reflected its incomplete development:

. . . enjoying the automobile, which constantly broke down: “They, like all machines, are more wilful than animals—nervous, irritable, strange things,” and he thought of writing an article on “nerves in the inorganic world.”
The above remark suggests that Wilde probably would not have constructed a quotation with the term “fancy car” used as a symbol of status when his primary experience was with an erratic failure-prone contraption.
Last edited: Yesterday at 7:38 PM
the sentence is not good by itself, it's an absolutely abysmal thing to say--that's why it irks me so much that people think wilde said it.

Just watched this. Thoughts:

1. Morrissey still seems to be struggling with his vocals. I noticed this on Jools Holland as well.
2. However, he appeared to be in high spirits.
3. Is Gustavo giving Morrissey a hand off the stage as well? Morrissey really seems to be indulging him. I didn't even think Morrissey had a high opinion of keyboards/synths. Now the keyboardist is his songwriter partner. Poor Boz, Morrissey and Gustavo were like a double-act...

the sentence is not good by itself, it's an absolutely abysmal thing to say--that's why it irks me so much that people think wilde said it.

Now you know how we all feel here when you post your mental frogs all over the place.

This whole situation is becoming ridiculous ... I'm against Brexit but being a member of the EU is a choice, not an obligation. If a country choses to be part of the EU it has equally the right to chose not to be a part of it without being attacked for it.

This whole situation is becoming ridiculous ... I'm against Brexit but being a member of the EU is a choice, not an obligation. If a country choses to be part of the EU it has equally the right to chose not to be a part of it without being attacked for it.

Well, some people are against EU just because it doesn't seem to be a choice to be a part of it. That circumstance used to have a name during old times, but that name has become old-fashioned, too. Maybe because of the negative connotations... you know: domination, ocupation, etc., that doesn't sound good anymore.

Does anybody know why the download link has disappeared? Would like to have the audio...

quality of the new songs aside what the hell with this set list ??

I can't get my head around the fact that apart from the new songs the rest of them are still the same songs from last few tours

Please please don't tell me when he tours it will be the new songs alongside Paris , World Peace, Speedway, Ganglord , Meat Is Murder , Bullfighter etc ??

Is he OCD ? can he not actually play any other songs now . Has he forgotten he has hundreds of other songs in his back catalogue ? How many f***ing tours do we have to have Throwing My Arms Around Paris on ?

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom