Morrissey on BBC R4 front row 20th april

SEMISORRY

According to the Radio listings in next week's Radio Times (16-22 April 2011) it says :
'John Wilson interviews iconic singer/songwriter and former Smiths frontman Morrissey'.

This is due to be broadcast @ 7.15pm-BBC Radio 4-Wednesday 20/04/2011.
Cannot see anything on the FrontRow website yet. Hopefully this is the first of a few media appearances. Thought the Front Row interview of 2009 was excellent.

Re: Morrissey on front row 20th april

Nice one! Thanks for the heads up ;)

Morrissey on Front Row this Wednesday IS new interview

I took the time to e-mail the BBC about Moz's appearance on Front Row on Wednesday (BBC Radio 4 7.15pm) and it turns out it isn't a repeat of the 2009 interview and it is indeed a new interview:

Dear Fergal,
Morrissey is scheduled to record a new interview for us on Wednesday,which we plan to broadcast on Wednesday evening's programme.
Thank you for your interest in Front Row.
With best wishes
John Goudie
Editor,
Front Row,
BBC Radio 4

Excellent news!

Re: Morrissey on Front Row this Wednesday IS new interview

Don't worry.
He'll cancel.
:)

But thank you for letting us know.

LOL@Joe,
I asked them the same thing last week and got the same reply. should be an interesting listen.

Will this be on listen again afterwards or do I really REALLY need to make sure I've set my computer to record it correctly?

Website now lists the Morrissey interview as being on today:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qsq5/episodes/upcoming

If it was recorded a day or two prior as the last one was, we have no worries about cancellation.

Looking forward to it. The last interview was a good one. The only moment that made me wince was the question about reforming The Smiths. Interviewer prefaced it with "requisite question" but it's only "requisite" if you make it so. Morrissey's been asked so many times is there anybody on the planet that doesn't know how he feels about it?

Website now lists the Morrissey interview as being on today:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qsq5/episodes/upcoming

If it was recorded a day or two prior as the last one was, we have no worries about cancellation.

Looking forward to it. The last interview was a good one. The only moment that made me wince was the question about reforming The Smiths. Interviewer prefaced it with "requisite question" but it's only "requisite" if you make it so. Morrissey's been asked so many times is there anybody on the planet that doesn't know how he feels about it?

He's scheduled to record it at Broadcasting House today, and it's being broadcast on tonights edition. Pretty quick turnaround, but it doesn't appear to be the full 30 min interview like the 2009 broadcast. There are other items listed for tonights show, so it'll probably only be about a 7 or 8 minute piece.
Just hope Wilson asks something about a new album. Simon 'He's A Poet y'know' Armitage managed to ask nothing about any new work in the last interview M. gave. Wilson has also promised to proffer a memoir question.
If he shows...

HE DID NOT BAIL! ~

x2_59d3e04

Very cool. Any shirt experts know what brand Moz is wearing?
He looks bemused/relaxed. Can't wait to hear this.

JohnWilson14 (Morrissey's interviewer tonight) has just tweeted that:

- autobiog is finished, 200,000 words = 660 pages, currently redrafting but out next year. Moz wants it to be a Penguin Classic.
- Moz doesn't follow J.Marr on Twitter
- he was eloquent and charming

Sounds good!

Back
Top Bottom