Morrissey on BBC 6 Music Live 2017 (Oct. 2, 2017, Maida Vale, London) - reminder / reports

Setlist:

You Have Killed Me / I Wish You Lonely / Spent The Day In Bed / Speedway / Istanbul / Ganglord / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Back On The Chain Gang / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / The Bullfighter Dies / When You Open Your Legs / Jack The Ripper / Home Is A Question Mark / All The Young People Must Fall In Love / My Love, I'd Do Anything for You (not played) / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris (not played)

Setlist provided by @NeilW70 / Twitter.

• BBC 6 Music Live video highlights (10 songs, UK only) - BBC iPlayer. Link posted by Jim_Royle.
  • Photos posted at BBC Radio 6 Music / Facebook (4 total)

40878_maida_vale_bbc6music.jpg

• From @NeilW70 / Twitter. Link posted by BrummieBoy.

Full #morrissey setlist at #maidavale. Looks like three more songs after went off air. Photo credit to @Dr_Paul_Thomas

40877_maida_vale_setlist.jpg
  • Link posted by an anonymous person:

Just a reminder poached from the BBC site for people wanting to watch/hear the show:

How to catch Moz tomorrow:

1) On the BBC website

Visit the BBC Radio 6 Music homepage at bbc.co.uk/6music to keep up-to-date with all the latest highlights from this year's 6 Music Live.

You'll be able to watch the live performances, plus an interview with Lauren, by visiting us from 11:30am each day.

Then, from 7pm each evening, you'll be able to watch each set on-demand, available for the following 30 days.

There'll also be a selection of video highlights and photos from all the acts available via the website.

2) On the BBC Red Button
Press Red from any BBC TV channel from midday each day to watch Morrissey, Mogwai, alt-J, Loyle Carner and Morrissey's sets live.

The performances will then be looped on Red Button, before a highlights programme goes live at 7pm.

There'll also be a special programme featuring the best bits from all the acts, available via the Red Button from Saturday 7 to Friday 13 October.

FULL RED BUTTON SCHEDULE (subject to change)

Monday 2 October: 12:00 - 16:15 / 19:00 - ongoing
Tuesday 3 October: ongoing - 12:00 / 12:00 - 22:00 / 22:50 - ongoing
Wednesday 4 October: ongoing - 12:00 / 12:00 - 15:45 / 19:00 - ongoing
Thursday 5 October: ongoing - 12:00 / 12:00 - ongoing
Friday 6 October: ongoing - 12:00 / 12:00 - ongoing
Saturday 7 October: ongoing - 17:50 / 22:00 - ongoing
Sunday 8 October: ongoing - 12:20 / 16:30 - 17:50 / 23:40 - ongoing
Monday 9 October: ongoing - 09:00 / 21:05 - ongoing
Tuesday 10 October: ongoing - 09:00 / 17:00 - 22:00 / 22:50 - ongoing
Wednesday 11 October: ongoing - 18:00 / 23:00 - ongoing
Thursday 12 October: ongoing - ongoing
Friday 13 October: ongoing - 22:00

3) On the Radio
Lauren Laverne will be taking her 6 Music show to Maida Vale, 10:00-13:00, each morning, featuring special editions of Memory Tapes, interviews with all the artists, and more build-up, before the live performance from 12:00.
Listen live, or on-demand for 30 days after broadcast, by following the links below:
4) On Facebook

Keep an eye on our 6 Music Facebook page every day from 10:30am to see Lauren in conversation with some of our acts and guests. They'll also pick the tracks to go on their Memory Tapes.

5) On Instagram

We'll be backstage on Instagram Stories, showcasing all the best photos from each performance.

6) On Twitter

Follow the conversation and share reactions on Twitter, and see some of the best moments from each session

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, he certainly doesn't "stick up" for Trump. Or May. Or Cameron when he was in power. He called Corbyn "intelligent". He's talked about his love of Islamic places like Istanbul. Obviously his politics are wildly inconsistent and veer all over the place. But I think it's too simplistic and unfair to peg him as right wing/racist. That's ignoring a whole other side to him. If he is racist he must be the only James Baldwin-loving racist out there. That's how I see it anyway.

Last edited:
The live video stream was cut short because of his f*** trump badge

So a pixellated pin on the highlights? Or no repeat at all? Or is f***ing trump OK after the 'watershed'?

Tricky.

This is an article on the Guardian newspaper Website:

Morrissey has once again stirred up controversy by declaring his belief that the Ukip leadership election was rigged to ensure an anti-Islam activist did not win.

The singer made the comments during a live appearance on BBC 6 Music to promote his new album Low in High School.

Morrissey told the audience: “I was very surprised the other day – it was very interesting to me – to see Anne Marie Waters become the head of Ukip. Oh no, sorry she didn’t – the voting was rigged. Sorry, I forgot.”

It was hard to tell whether the former Smiths frontman was joking or simply attempting to be controversial. However, after his comments were met by silence from the audience, he added: “You didn’t get it, did you? You obviously don’t read the news.”

Waters was one of the most polarising candidates who stood to be Ukip leader, but despite being a frontrunner lost out to the outsider Henry Bolton.

Waters has been outspoken in her Islamophobia, calling the religion “evil”, and set up a far-right organisation, Pegida UK, with the former English Defence League leader Tommy Robinson in 2016 to counter what it called “the Islamisation of our countries”. She was deselected from running in Ukip’s previous leadership election. Many Ukip members and MEPs threatened to leave the party if she was elected leader.

Waters finished second, with 2,755 votes to Bolton’s 3,874.

In 2013 Morrissey said he almost voted Ukip out of respect for Nigel Farage’s views on Europe. He said the Brexit referendum result “was magnificent, but it is not accepted by the BBC or Sky News because they object to a public that cannot be hypnotised by BBC or Sky nonsense”.

This was followed by an interview with an Australian news organisation where he said: “Liberal educators such as George Galloway and Nigel Farage are loathed by the BBC because both men respect equal freedom for all people, and they are not remotely intimidated by the BBC.”

Morrissey’s deep mistrust of news organisations inspired his new single, Spent the Day in Bed, in which he says the news “contrives to frighten you / to make you feel small and alone / to make you feel that your mind isn’t your own”.

The whole you didn't get it comment makes me think it some joke that didn't land as was previously stated. He has a history of that

Looks like the concert setlist will be very similar. bar the new songs and The Pretenders cover all the tracks were regulars on the last tour.

I hope you're right because "world peace is none of your business" is the perfect length to take a leak and grab an $11 beer.

"En mi manera rara, yo siempre he sido fiel a ti
en mi manera enferma, yo siempre seré fiel a ti." :tears:
OMG, I love when Gus sings Speedway in spanish. I though that in this album would have -for some question - a song with Moz singing in spanish.

I only notice people like you banging on about it. Maybe you have an agenda.
Eh? For real. You havent read any mainstream news articles about Labour's problems with anti-semitism? You haven't seen the number of highprofile Labour/Momentum figures banned and let back in such as Livingstone. You must be either living under a stone or getting your current affair s news from social media outlets that only reflect your views. Personally I am a long time Labour voter who has many concerns about tge current leadership.

How much do they pay you to say shit like this?

It's the same setlist he's trotted out for several years, with a few new tracks and a cover. He needs to nuke his setlist to the ground and start over from scratch. I'd be happy if they blindfolded him in a room with song titles in squares on the walls and gave him two fistfuls of darts at this point. That would yield a better set.

That was sarcastic: judging by your ugly avatar, you haven't got a lot of things stockpiled in your brain

That was sarcastic: judging by your ugly avatar, you haven't got a lot of things stockpiled in your brain
It was a poor attempt at it then. As for my ugly avatar, I can't speak for the directing or framing choices in the beloved cult film Harold and Maude. I think it's a lovely scene.

Eh? For real. You havent read any mainstream news articles about Labour's problems with anti-semitism? You haven't seen the number of highprofile Labour/Momentum figures banned and let back in such as Livingstone. You must be either living under a stone or getting your current affair s news from social media outlets that only reflect your views. Personally I am a long time Labour voter who has many concerns about tge current leadership.
What's your point? There is hatred in all the parties: there are Jewish people who are utterly racist and against arabs. There are racist comments against arabs and pro-Israel in the Tories' camp.
In case you haven't got it, we have always lived in a world in conflict. But there are hopefully a lot of people who dont judge others over the color of their skin, over their religion, over their sexual orientation. If you are economically liberal, vote for the tories but don't tell bullshits over ther other parties. Stand for your opinion and don't hide behind smokescreens.
I don't get what Morrissey is doing with these comments: mixing politics and music has never been a good idea. It is almost never uplifting

Reading between the lines, Morrissey’s agenda is that the media is not unbiased as Western citizens are led to believe. Similar comments were made by Le Penne. That she are AMW of UKIP are both far right-leaning is more than likely inconsequentual to Morrissey’s point.

However, there is a degree of stupidity in Morrissey making these comments. People naturally assume that because you hold an opinion regarding such matters you are therefore aligned with them, or sympathise with their views.

UKIP are toxic to all but a few under 50s outside of the capital of the U.K. and people Very seldomly manage to see beyond this or at least apply context.

Guardian journalists, Twitter sheep, left-leaning musicians and Moz-soloers are up in arms but the stupidity of the comments and of the timing are what’s wrong with what was said on stage today.

It was a poor attempt at it then. As for my ugly avatar, I can't speak for the directing or framing choices in the beloved cult film Harold and Maude. I think it's a lovely scene.
One reader got it well, I did it too; you didn't. Seriously, how did you think one minute that someone on earth thought this setlist will shock Morrissey's audience, and urges them to buy tickets in masses for the forhtcoming gigs. NO Smiths' songs, Speedway butchered by Gustavo who sang this in another language for his South-american fanbase, listening to a backing band singing "sin patron" right after "no boss"...
Really you thought that someone was paid by an agency to post in a discussion, "this is a great setlist, excellent promotion"? you're very strong, vanity o vanity

dreadful disappointment, the band even butchered back on the chain gang, new songs will sink and be forgot in no time, speedway and jtr highlighted just how bad the new material is, surprised boz hasn't walked by now, saw him with the polecats last year and it was 1000 times better than todays dross

"We say free Catalonia from Spain"
Catolonia is an area that is rich thanks to the tourism, the reason to be independent is not for identity. It's mainly because they don't want to support those who live in the other less rich areas of Spain.
Morrissey really should talk about issues as sensitive as this one

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom