Morrissey on BBC 6 Music Live 2017 (Oct. 2, 2017, Maida Vale, London) - reminder / reports

Setlist:

You Have Killed Me / I Wish You Lonely / Spent The Day In Bed / Speedway / Istanbul / Ganglord / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Back On The Chain Gang / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / The Bullfighter Dies / When You Open Your Legs / Jack The Ripper / Home Is A Question Mark / All The Young People Must Fall In Love / My Love, I'd Do Anything for You (not played) / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris (not played)

Setlist provided by @NeilW70 / Twitter.

• BBC 6 Music Live video highlights (10 songs, UK only) - BBC iPlayer. Link posted by Jim_Royle.
  • Photos posted at BBC Radio 6 Music / Facebook (4 total)

40878_maida_vale_bbc6music.jpg

• From @NeilW70 / Twitter. Link posted by BrummieBoy.

Full #morrissey setlist at #maidavale. Looks like three more songs after went off air. Photo credit to @Dr_Paul_Thomas

40877_maida_vale_setlist.jpg
  • Link posted by an anonymous person:

Just a reminder poached from the BBC site for people wanting to watch/hear the show:

How to catch Moz tomorrow:

1) On the BBC website

Visit the BBC Radio 6 Music homepage at bbc.co.uk/6music to keep up-to-date with all the latest highlights from this year's 6 Music Live.

You'll be able to watch the live performances, plus an interview with Lauren, by visiting us from 11:30am each day.

Then, from 7pm each evening, you'll be able to watch each set on-demand, available for the following 30 days.

There'll also be a selection of video highlights and photos from all the acts available via the website.

2) On the BBC Red Button
Press Red from any BBC TV channel from midday each day to watch Morrissey, Mogwai, alt-J, Loyle Carner and Morrissey's sets live.

The performances will then be looped on Red Button, before a highlights programme goes live at 7pm.

There'll also be a special programme featuring the best bits from all the acts, available via the Red Button from Saturday 7 to Friday 13 October.

FULL RED BUTTON SCHEDULE (subject to change)

Monday 2 October: 12:00 - 16:15 / 19:00 - ongoing
Tuesday 3 October: ongoing - 12:00 / 12:00 - 22:00 / 22:50 - ongoing
Wednesday 4 October: ongoing - 12:00 / 12:00 - 15:45 / 19:00 - ongoing
Thursday 5 October: ongoing - 12:00 / 12:00 - ongoing
Friday 6 October: ongoing - 12:00 / 12:00 - ongoing
Saturday 7 October: ongoing - 17:50 / 22:00 - ongoing
Sunday 8 October: ongoing - 12:20 / 16:30 - 17:50 / 23:40 - ongoing
Monday 9 October: ongoing - 09:00 / 21:05 - ongoing
Tuesday 10 October: ongoing - 09:00 / 17:00 - 22:00 / 22:50 - ongoing
Wednesday 11 October: ongoing - 18:00 / 23:00 - ongoing
Thursday 12 October: ongoing - ongoing
Friday 13 October: ongoing - 22:00

3) On the Radio
Lauren Laverne will be taking her 6 Music show to Maida Vale, 10:00-13:00, each morning, featuring special editions of Memory Tapes, interviews with all the artists, and more build-up, before the live performance from 12:00.
Listen live, or on-demand for 30 days after broadcast, by following the links below:
4) On Facebook

Keep an eye on our 6 Music Facebook page every day from 10:30am to see Lauren in conversation with some of our acts and guests. They'll also pick the tracks to go on their Memory Tapes.

5) On Instagram

We'll be backstage on Instagram Stories, showcasing all the best photos from each performance.

6) On Twitter

Follow the conversation and share reactions on Twitter, and see some of the best moments from each session

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where does one access the video footage of this?

Looks like the concert setlist will be very similar. bar the new songs and The Pretenders cover all the tracks were regulars on the last tour.

Jesus, i only liked one track off that album at least two i heard today were better than anything off WPINOYB. Wonder why he feels he has to be such an awkward f***er. New Order really thought about their set when they played 6 music live, blending new tracks from Music Complete with big hitters from their back catalogue. It helped in the promotion of their new album, which became their biggest seller for years. No shite tracks from poor albums, no covers, no stupid comments about UKIP, just a great show which landed very well.

A huge opportunity missed by Morrissey today but it will be everyone else's fault if the album fails.

The difference is New Order have a healthy, balanced view of their place in music, giving weight to their past glories, their influence & their desire to carry on creating. But Morrissey just doesn't have that overview. He sees himself as a victim of a vast conspiracy to stop his new music being heard. He really thinks it's better than his hey-day. The problem is his audience clearly signal to him that they prefer some areas of his catalogue more than others. He just ignores them.

The album is already a failure. We've heard half of it, extremely unlikely the remaining half is radically different. It's just another batch of mediocre Morrissey songs. It will be interesting to see how he copes with general indifference to these songs. Will he revert to his paranoid conspiracy theories? Blame the label, media, etc? Or will he finally accept that his backing band simply cannot write the songs which would give him the large audience he clearly craves?

It's f*** you if you don't want a fairer society - for obvious reasons.
Well, its hardly contentious to suggest that for a Jew in the UK Corbyn isn't the man for a fairer society. Equally, if you felt that Remaining in the EU was important for fairness then again Corbyn's natural Euroscepticism and his quite pathetic efforts pre-referendum would mean he's not your man. Actually, his Euro-scepticism would make him much more palatable to Morrissey.

Well, its hardly contentious to suggest that for a Jew in the UK Corbyn isn't the man for a fairer society. Equally, if you felt that Remaining in the EU was important for fairness then again Corbyn's natural Euroscepticism and his quite pathetic efforts pre-referendum would mean he's not your man. Actually, his Euro-scepticism would make him much more palatable to Morrissey.

When has Jeremy made anti-Jewish statements? I hope you are not conflating opposing the persecution of the Palestinians with anti-Semitism.

He's always been Eurosceptic. He was toeing the party line.

The difference is New Order have a healthy, balanced view of their place in music, giving weight to their past glories, their influence & their desire to carry on creating. But Morrissey just doesn't have that overview. He sees himself as a victim of a vast conspiracy to stop his new music being heard. He really thinks it's better than his hey-day. The problem is his audience clearly signal to him that they prefer some areas of his catalogue more than others. He just ignores them.

The album is already a failure. We've heard half of it, extremely unlikely the remaining half is radically different. It's just another batch of mediocre Morrissey songs. It will be interesting to see how he copes with general indifference to these songs. Will he revert to his paranoid conspiracy theories? Blame the label, media, etc? Or will he finally accept that his backing band simply cannot write the songs which would give him the large audience he clearly craves?

Although I think a few of the new songs are pretty good and I even liked a few off WPINOYP this post is sadly pretty true.... I am very happy he has not mailed it in and is making new music and not playing just the hits and relying on Smiths songs but bottom line is he is not surrounded by the talent to bring the best of himself out.

Of all the new songs unveiled so far I only liked a couple on first listen - Wish You Lonely and Home Is A Question Mark.
The rest may or may not grow on me.
All The Young People... is downright awful.

When has Jeremy made anti-Jewish statements? I hope you are not conflating opposing the persecution of the Palestinians with anti-Semitism.
Are you denying there is any problem with Jeremy's Labour party and anti-semitism? I think there is and, I think, most other people who want a fair society believe there are such problems. Maybe you haven't noticed.

He's always been Eurosceptic. He was toeing the party line.
Oh, is that the new form of honest politics? So he said he wanted to Remain but really he wanted Brexit and lied to us. It is encouraging that you can see his dishonesty over this one - most of the new Middle-class Corbynites tend to bury their heads in the sand over his Euroscepticism. Thanks for your honesty, shame about the sainted Jeremy.

Are you denying there is any problem with Jeremy's Labour party and anti-semitism? I think there is and, I think, most other people who want a fair society believe there are such problems. Maybe you haven't noticed.
I will not have the good names of gruppenfuhrer Corbyn and Oberleutnant Abbot besmirched..there is no problem with anti-semitism, they are all really good at it...boom boom

When it's transparently nothing more than a cover for wanting to oppress a minority.

So as a woman, an infidel and a lesbian she doesn’t have good grounds to fear those who take Stone Age morality seriously?

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom