Morrissey "not homosexual" - statement at true-to-you.net

"Unfortunately, I am not homosexual. In technical fact, I am humasexual. I am attracted to humans. But, of course ... not many".

-MORRISSEY, Sweden, 19 October 2013.

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_131019_01

WOW! Quote of the year. Well, we heard it from the man himself--he is humansexual. And like most humansexuals, he is not attracted to all men and all women. He is selective.

I have decided, just now, that I too am humansexual. :p

I doubt it, you probably kiss Morrissey's arse. Metaphorically, if not actually.

I would only ever kiss an arse (metaphorical or otherwise) if it was thoroughly deserving of it. Some are. Some aren't. I'm sorry if your gluteus maximus hasn't received the lavish attention you seem to think it deserves. Sadly for you, it's unlikely to ever do so - but as your years of watching daytime TV must surely have taught you by now: "Jealousy is a wasted emotion."

I would only ever kiss an arse (metaphorical or otherwise) if it was thoroughly deserving of it. Some are. Some aren't. I'm sorry if your gluteus maximus hasn't received the lavish attention you seem to think it deserves. Sadly for you, it's unlikely to ever do so - but as your years of watching daytime TV must surely have taught you by now: "Jealousy is a wasted emotion."

Dream on motherfcuker. If you think I'm jealous of your delusional troll leader, or that I watch afternoon television more than twice a year, you are an arse extraordinare. Oh, and I get rimmed as often as I want and as I love caviar, reciprocate with no inhibition whatsoever. Don't stress, my needs are met. I'm sure Morrissey has never tasted caviar of any description. Not even vegan.

Dream on motherfcuker. If you think I'm jealous of your delusional troll leader, or that I watch afternoon television more than twice a year, you are an arse extraordinare. Oh, and I get rimmed as often as I want and as I love caviar, reciprocate with no inhibition whatsoever. Don't stress, my needs are met. I'm sure Morrissey has never tasted caviar of any description. Not even vegan.

I was talking metaphorically, but thanks for the information.

Same here. I much prefer non-fiction.

With fiction I often find myself thinking "This is just made up bollocks designed to get a reaction, and the author only half-heartedly believes it themselves."

I realize one can learn from literature... perhaps about history, culture, social attitudes. But a great deal of it is filler. I want cold, hard facts. Haha. Most seem to have a preference for one over the other. However, I do have one friend, who happens to be a writer of both fiction and non, who understandably reads both.

I set a goal at the beginning of this year to read a fiction book once a month. Guess how many I have read so far? Answer, one.

I'm trying to think of the last fiction I read. Irish Heart's posts, probably.

Clever. :lbf:

Last edited:
1382077_10151626569431901_1241508700_n.jpg

I realize one can learn from literature... perhaps about history, culture, social attitudes. But a great deal of it is filler. I want cold, hard facts. Haha. Most seem to have a preference for one over the other. However, I do have one friend, who happens to be a writer of both fiction and non, who understandably reads both.

I set a goal at the beginning of this year to read a fiction book once a month. Guess how many I have read so far? Answer, one.

Clever. :lbf:
Hey Reality, I understand your desire for cold facts but consider these two ideas:

First of all there is very little of history, or indeed the present, that you can call a fact.
Facts, surely, are served as the coldest, meanest and hardest of information. Dates, who won, when it happened etc.
Apart from that, that which is 'true' is either subjective, unknowable, conjecture, theory and many other things I'll warrant.

Secondly, a lot of what constitutes reality cannot be conveyed in a non-fiction format.
The novel, as the prime example of non-fiction, over the standard 250 page format can communicate
in a way that empirical writing cannot.

So, stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

Hey Reality, I understand your desire for cold facts but consider these two ideas:

First of all there is very little of history, or indeed the present, that you can call a fact.
Facts, surely, are served as the coldest, meanest and hardest of information. Dates, who won, when it happened etc.
Apart from that, that which is 'true' is either subjective, unknowable, conjecture, theory and many other things I'll warrant.

Secondly, a lot of what constitutes reality cannot be conveyed in a non-fiction format.
The novel, as the prime example of non-fiction, over the standard 250 page format can communicate
in a way that empirical writing cannot.

So, stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

Disagree. Autobiographies, while subjective in nature, do contain many facts/truths. Facts are not just data... numbers, dates, weights, and measures. Consensus reality is made up of social observations and descriptions and philosophies and theories. The theory of evolution is a fact. (A theory is regarded and holds the same legitimacy as a fact/law until it is--if ever--proven false. So for all intents and purposes it is deemed factual.) If I read a book about it... like The Selfish Gene, then I am reading a non-fiction book about facts.

Sincerely,
Choking on your smoke. :p

Disagree. Autobiographies, while subjective in nature, do contain many facts/truths. Facts are not just data... numbers, dates, weights, and measures. Consensus reality is made up of social observations and descriptions and philosophies and theories. The theory of evolution is a fact. (A theory is regarded and holds the same legitimacy as a fact/law until it is--if ever--proven false. So for all intents and purposes it is deemed factual.) If I read a book about it... like The Selfish Gene, then I am reading a non-fiction book about facts.

Sincerely,
Choking on your smoke. :p
Hmmm (rubs chin thoughtfully, takes a sip of brandy and silently passes wind).
Well I agree with most of what you say.
Consensus reality as you say is made up of observations and descriptions which are subjective, and philosophies and theories which are explorative and questions. This is not an exact science.
But look, I see where you're coming from.
But surely you must acknowledge that non-fiction writing can convey what fiction cannot?

Hmmm (rubs chin thoughtfully, takes a sip of brandy and silently passes wind).
Well I agree with most of what you say.
Consensus reality as you say is made up of observations and descriptions which are subjective, and philosophies and theories which are explorative and questions. This is not an exact science.
But look, I see where you're coming from.
But surely you must acknowledge that non-fiction writing can convey what fiction cannot?

Sell me. What can it convey? I am an info junkie. Can I learn more from fiction?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sell me. What can it convey? I am an info junkie. Can I learn more from fiction?
OK how about The Sopranos? (this was actually suggested by an Anon poster on another thread). It is fiction but tells us a lot about organised crime and living in that world.

Whenever I'm faced by a personal dilemma of any kind, I just ask myself... what would Matt Damon do?

tumblr_muxc66oZ4X1sp7ha5o1_500.gif

OK how about The Sopranos? (this was actually suggested by an Anon poster on another thread). It is fiction but tells us a lot about organised crime and living in that world.

tumblr_mqmgpmfJs41scgx8lo1_500.gif

Well, that is a TV show. We were talking about books. But that is a great example. And I am sold. Fiction can and does have the power to enlighten us and illuminate the human condition... whether in print, TV, or film. Some of the greatest 'true' stories caught on film are fictional, staged, or tweaked. Director, Werner Herzog, calls this the ecstatic truth. Just 'cause I don't read too many fictional books, doesn't mean I haven't ingested a fair amount of fiction. After all, I am a huge movie consumer.

Well, that is a TV show. We were talking about books. But that is a great example. And I am sold. Fiction can and does have the power to enlighten us and illuminate the human condition... whether in print, TV, or film. Some of the greatest 'true' stories caught on film are fictional, staged, or tweaked. Director, Werner Herzog, calls this the ecstatic truth. Just 'cause I don't read too many fictional books, doesn't mean I haven't ingested a fair amount of fiction. After all, I am a huge movie consumer.

You sound like a very small child, trying so hard to sound correct as she speaks before a group of adults.

I chose the Sopranos despite it not being a book because I knew it was something we were both familier with.
Don't get me wrong though. I like reading non-fiction too although I find a lot of it hard going due to a short attention span.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom