Morrissey "not homosexual" - statement at true-to-you.net

"Unfortunately, I am not homosexual. In technical fact, I am humasexual. I am attracted to humans. But, of course ... not many".

-MORRISSEY, Sweden, 19 October 2013.

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_131019_01

WOW! Quote of the year. Well, we heard it from the man himself--he is humansexual. And like most humansexuals, he is not attracted to all men and all women. He is selective.

I have decided, just now, that I too am humansexual. :p

Is that perverted? Deviant maybe... if deviant means deviating from the norm. And norm... as in a statistical average. But there is nothing wrong with loving a man with breasts. Breasts are nice... an added bonus. :D

Simon Cowell? ;)

I say love whomever you wish to love. And sleep with whomever you wish to sleep with. Just use protection.

Quite right.

We all exhibit, if we are honest, some aspects others might consider perverse or deviant. Some moreso than others. It's part of the human condition.

I am going on what he is saying... the book clearly makes him bisexual... he admitted both and now from him directly to say it thats all I need. There are no inuendos or self guessing himself.. I don't understand - seriously folks - there it is from the man and You Put Words In His Mouth because you don't want it to be the truth? The unfortunately ( now I am guessing ) is saying that he hates to dissapoint the ones who want him to be 100 percent gay. He is not homosexual. Lets move on ... and let the vaginas of the world rejoice for once!!!

I'm pretty sure it's not words Morrissey wants in his mouth.

What I got from Autobiography was the following: Women are physically vile creatures, with vaginas all tangled hair and open graves. So why ride women when you can ride bicycles, or be ridden by Jake?

I'm done with Morrissey and his bullshit about his sexuality. I have had similar experience as he has had, including wanting to marry a woman that I had sex with and was in love with, but I'm not bisexual. I do not date women and neither does he. At least he isn't married to some actress to whom he claims to be madly in love with, like Tom Cruise did. But he came out as gay by any reasonable definition. To slither back into the closet is cowardly.

Being a attracted to a woman does not mean you are not homosexual. Being a man attracted to another man does not make you bisexual either. There is a difference between fleeting thoughts or wishful thinking and something that you would actually pursue. I have had girlfriends and I had sex with them but they chose me and I went along with it. I wanted to be straight and I actually enjoyed having sex with them but I enjoy masturbation, too. I don't know for a fact that I will never meet a woman I would pursue, but to say that I look at people without regard to their gender would be a lie.

It would be easy to say that I'm assuming Morrissey is just like me. I recognize that I'm not completely objective about it, but the way he describes his own experiences is not like he sees all people as people. He clearly divides people into two genders and his preference is for males. Preference is not even the right word. You know and I know that Morrissey might pursue a man but would never pursue any woman. He is so clearly homosexual that the whole charade has been an embarrassment for a long time. He does say he is gay in the book if gay means being attracted to men and having relationships with them while finding women to be problematic at best.

f*** Morrissey and his book. He clearly does not support gay rights and feels being gay is shameful. He is embarrassed of who he is and his explanations embarrass me for having shelves of his music. I am not that person anymore that thought he was my voice because he's not. And he didn't sign on to be. That was my mistake all along. Still, he can f*** off.

He is his own worst enemy often. I think to assert his language/statements in the book and subsequently about his sexuality are linked to a Catholic repressed childhood is tripe.
He would like us to believe he had an existence like Wilfrid Brambell, Kenny Williams or Charlie Hawtree, but there's enough evidence to suggest he is anything but repressed.
The Smiths should be a gay band... challenges this.
His iconography - androgynous Bowie, The Dolls... challenges this.
Cleverly written, coded, ambiguous lyrics playing to he and she... challenges this.
Being really in love (said via interviews) and happy challenges this.
He is astute and cunning in how he has manufactured his influences, his ambiguity, celibacy, reclusiveness, explosive kegs between his legs etc.... most of it is totally male orientated.
As for reading between lines, yes - we can do so.... but it helps if you don't then release a statement to try and explain exactly what you hid inbetween them.
If he was so concerned about what he is or isn't... why allude to anything in the book...
So, he causes himself more grief yet again.
Perhaps you are right - perhaps its his form of flagellation?
I look forward to his next statement telling us what he really meant...
I guess he's planning the second edition already.

I

When you are really in love with someone/love them, one's actions and feelings are very obvious. If he does fall in love with someone whether it is a man or woman, to deny this to others would be offensive and to me, would be a wedge for sure to real intimacy.

Why does he need to be clever, mix words, confusing? If he was my significant other, I would be a little confused and would not tolerate some of this nonsense.

I'm done with Morrissey and his bullshit about his sexuality. I have had similar experience as he has had, including wanting to marry a woman that I had sex with and was in love with, but I'm not bisexual. I do not date women and neither does he. At least he isn't married to some actress to whom he claims to be madly in love with, like Tom Cruise did. But he came out as gay by any reasonable definition. To slither back into the closet is cowardly.

Being a attracted to a woman does not mean you are not homosexual. Being a man attracted to another man does not make you bisexual either. There is a difference between fleeting thoughts or wishful thinking and something that you would actually pursue. I have had girlfriends and I had sex with them but they chose me and I went along with it. I wanted to be straight and I actually enjoyed having sex with them but I enjoy masturbation, too. I don't know for a fact that I will never meet a woman I would pursue, but to say that I look at people without regard to their gender would be a lie.

It would be easy to say that I'm assuming Morrissey is just like me. I recognize that I'm not completely objective about it, but the way he describes his own experiences is not like he sees all people as people. He clearly divides people into two genders and his preference is for males. Preference is not even the right word. You know and I know that Morrissey might pursue a man but would never pursue any woman. He is so clearly homosexual that the whole charade has been an embarrassment for a long time. He does say he is gay in the book if gay means being attracted to men and having relationships with them while finding women to be problematic at best.

f*** Morrissey and his book. He clearly does not support gay rights and feels being gay is shameful. He is embarrassed of who he is and his explanations embarrass me for having shelves of his music. I am not that person anymore that thought he was my voice because he's not. And he didn't sign on to be. That was my mistake all along. Still, he can f*** off.

Terrific post.

As for your last paragraph, above all else Morrissey supports Morrissey rights. His successes are his alone, and his failures only due to others. He's the narcissists' narcissist. The book reveals levels of self-absorbtion best dealt with by professional help.

We saw the clearest evidence of this in his statements on Ireland and Norway. Those two disasterous comments, made over just three months in 2011 effectively ended his career, alienating a significant number of his fanbase, and surely giving any potential business partner significant pause for thought.

Whilst I am sure this true to a point, you only have to read his Autobiograhy to work out that his interest is overridingly in men. ALL of his childhood idols, films, musicians etc are talked about in terms of their homosexual appeal. His only seemingly important sexual rationship is with another man (Jake). And throughout the book he displays no sense of attraction to the female form (in fact, he seems to react with disgust whenever he mentions it).

But....still the fangirls MUST hope, they must have some crumbs to cling to, and it would be terribly cruel to crush their dreams....

Hmm, I believe Morrissey needs to feel adored by many, isn't it really about him? If he is getting the love he wants why does he need to be adored, isn't the love from one man enough?

f*** Morrissey and his book. He clearly does not support gay rights and feels being gay is shameful. He is embarrassed of who he is and his explanations embarrass me for having shelves of his music.[/B ] I am not that person anymore that thought he was my voice because he's not. And he didn't sign on to be. That was my mistake all along. Still, he can f*** off.

Well, he clearly doesn't want to be labelled as homosexual and that's really his business and nobody else's. But he clearly is a supporter and massive fan of "gay" cultural icons throughout history. The one thing that came through the book was just how comfortable he is with his sexuality these days - the casual discussion of Jake, etc. Clearly he doesn't feel it's an issue at all; he just doesn't want to be labelled as one thing or another. That was the point of his amusing statement the other day. Some people seem to have missed the humour of it, of course, and I can't see why it would matter to anyone else anyway. If you feel he "came out" in the book you clearly misread it.

The man is attracted to both.... in his own words and you people just think what you want. This is the problem. A person says one thing and then you digest it - spit it out and then make it what you want it to be. You argue about one point and clearly put your spin on it - this place is a snakepit - no wonder he hates this place.

Apparently most of you can think for him as well. You decide that he is lying so you are going to change his mind because you don't
like what he said, who the hell wants fans like that?

He is bisexual with a preference for men. Thats all there is - really folks. You can analyze it take it apart do whatever you want - twist his words - summarize them -cook them whatever. . He made his statement and some of you don't like it. Oh well.

I haven't the slightest interest in what Morrissey does with his C...K, however I am fascinated by his intelligence, and even more so after reading his stunning book!

Back
Top Bottom