Morrissey "not homosexual" - statement at true-to-you.net

"Unfortunately, I am not homosexual. In technical fact, I am humasexual. I am attracted to humans. But, of course ... not many".

-MORRISSEY, Sweden, 19 October 2013.

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_131019_01

WOW! Quote of the year. Well, we heard it from the man himself--he is humansexual. And like most humansexuals, he is not attracted to all men and all women. He is selective.

I have decided, just now, that I too am humansexual. :p

I am going on what he is saying... the book clearly makes him bisexual... he admitted both and now from him directly to say it thats all I need.

Why do you need this? Do you also need Stevie Wonder to issue a statement confirming that he is black?

He's always been smart commercially and maybe wants to keep his options open so that he can go to places like Russia if he wants to. In Russia the government isn't too keen on gay people no matter how they choose to label themselves.

The book made it incredibly clear that he was bisexual. I suppose the headlines that he's gay are more grabbing than "clearly bisexual singer confirms he's bisexual".

I must say that this statement is Moz at his weakest.
He had the opportunity to be direct in a book he just released, but no....
Release the book then clarify it after as people are not interpreting it in a way you want. What next? Weekly press releases to clarify what he meant on page 4, 39, 112 et al....?
Perhaps if he had written in a clearer and less ambiguous manner...
Instead of trying to maintain this Kenneth Williams, skirting round the issue, vague, cryptic, overly evasive way of talking about an issue that carries far less of the stigma of previous ages, he might need not need to clarify his position with an equally non-direct statement where he again says a definitive 'I'm not..' and backs it up with total ambiguity.
It feels like an attempt to maintain mystique as an afterthought.
I find telling us what he's not rather than what he is rather passe now.

I still haven't had sex with a human. Just zombies. And not many of them, even. :o

It's a tad disappointing to me that he cares enough what people are saying in response to the autobiography to issue this statement. I feel like if he wanted it as explicitly known as he's made it in this statement, he'd have included it verbatim in the book.

It's a tad disappointing to me that he cares enough what people are saying in response to the autobiography to issue this statement. I feel like if he wanted it as explicitly known as he's made it in this statement, he'd have included it verbatim in the book.
Well he did, he said he has had a relationship with both men and women in the book...

Whilst I am sure this true to a point, you only have to read his Autobiograhy to work out that his interest is overridingly in men. ALL of his childhood idols, films, musicians etc are talked about in terms of their homosexual appeal. His only seemingly important sexual rationship is with another man (Jake). And throughout the book he displays no sense of attraction to the female form (in fact, he seems to react with disgust whenever he mentions it).

But....still the fangirls MUST hope, they must have some crumbs to cling to, and it would be terribly cruel to crush their dreams....

How is being 'humasexual' any way of mitigating or lessening the (perceived) impact of historically sleeping with a few men that you have kept quiet about until an almost tell-all book....
Can you be a 'little bit gay' - isn't that like being a little bit pregnant?
For example, did he sit Jake down and say: well obviously I'm not 'fully' gay so let's just hold hands?
I thought bisexual people were able to fully participate in love/sexual behaviour with either gender and have the same type of arousal/attraction thoughts etc for both genders. Not deny certain aspects of this process.
What next? Sexuality expressed in percentage terms?
FWD

Last edited:
I must say that this statement is Moz at his weakest.
He had the opportunity to be direct in a book he just released, but no....
Release the book then clarify it after as people are not interpreting it in a way you want. What next? Weekly press releases to clarify what he meant on page 4, 39, 112 et al....?
Perhaps if he had written in a clearer and less ambiguous manner...
Instead of trying to maintain this Kenneth Williams, skirting round the issue, vague, cryptic, overly evasive way of talking about an issue that carries far less of the stigma of previous ages, he might need not need to clarify his position with an equally non-direct statement where he again says a definitive 'I'm not..' and backs it up with total ambiguity.
It feels like an attempt to maintain mystique as an afterthought.
I find telling us what he's not rather than what he is rather passe now.

Well stated.

Whilst I am sure this true to a point, you only have to read his Autobiograhy to work out that his interest is overridingly in men. ALL of his childhood idols, films, musicians etc are talked about in terms of their homosexual appeal. His only seemingly important sexual rationship is with another man (Jake). And throughout the book he displays no sense of attraction to the female form (in fact, he seems to react with disgust whenever he mentions it).

But....still the fangirls MUST hope, they must have some crumbs to cling to, and it would be terribly cruel to crush their dreams....

Those are my thoughts as well after reading about 100 pages. He does describe the female genitalia in very unflattering terms. If I stopped reading now, I'd be 100 percent certain he was gay, not bi or humasexual.

He is gay. THe complication is his boyfriend has a vagina.

Read the section about Tina in the autobiography. She's female and he obviously adored her. You fall in love with a soul not genitals.

Did you miss the section about Tina? The one he wanted to have a child with? You want him to be gay so you hang on to the gay bits and over look the straight bits. What about what he says about gill smith? She's female and he wanted to bone her. If he was gay he would say he's gay. He's been in love with both and it is clearly stated in Autobiography.

He did say in an interview that he had a "late development" when it came to women in general and that when he now saw a beautiful woman he could be attracted like any man

I understand that he is probably more attracted to men than women - even I know that. However, to call me a desperate fan girl for clinging to crumbs my dear non registered friend .... rather harsh,,,,

wait ,,,, I just went over my posts ,,, never mind :D

- - - Updated - - -

but I am going by his words - that is all - I bid you all good eve

No, this fan girl is not upset about it at all. Who Morrissey sleeps with is of no concern to me. Good grief. Just having a bit of fun...

How is being 'humasexual' any way of mitigating or lessening the (perceived) impact of historically sleeping with a few men that you have kept quiet about until an almost tell-all book....
Can you be a 'little bit gay' - isn't that like being a little bit pregnant?
For example, did he sit Jake down and say: well obviously I'm not 'fully' gay so let's just hold hands?
I thought bisexual people were able to fully participate in love/sexual behaviour with either gender and have the same type of arousal/attraction thoughts etc for both genders. Not deny certain aspects of this process.
What next? Sexuality expressed in percentage terms?
FWD

Sexuality is a spectrum not an absolute. You fall in love/become sexually attracted to people not genders.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom