Morrissey "not homosexual" - statement at true-to-you.net

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2013 (read-only)' started by Emil, Oct 19, 2013.

By Emil on Oct 19, 2013 at 11:39 PM
  1. Emil

Emil A Burnt Child

Statement - true-to-you.net

"Unfortunately, I am not homosexual. In technical fact, I am humasexual. I am attracted to humans. But, of course ... not many".

-MORRISSEY, Sweden, 19 October 2013.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2013 (read-only)' started by Emil, Oct 19, 2013.

1. realitybites
      realitybites

WOW! Quote of the year. Well, we heard it from the man himself--he is humasexual. And like most humasexuals, he is not attracted to all men and all women. He is selective.

I have decided, just now, that I too am humasexual. :p
    2. I Like You
      I Like You
      LOL, superb. Morrissey obviously really doesn't wish to be pigeon-holed as gay. Unfortunately I think the damage has already been done by the post-autobiography press. For example today, my mother (who knows nothing about Morrissey) chortled after reading the Guardian "I didn't realize that singer you love is gay. Do you have something to tell me son?".
      Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
    3. MozAngeles818
      MozAngeles818
      The man's bisexual.
      Technically everyone is "Humasexual"
      lol
    4. Mozza220559
      Mozza220559
      Christ, I love Morrissey
    5. Librarian On Fire
      Librarian On Fire
      The use of the word "unfortunately" is a little strange. It's sort of denying that he wants to be gay, but still doesn't really know. Either way discussions about anyone's sexuality end up being tedious.
    6. zepfan1
      zepfan1
      TOLD YOU SO.....................................................................................

I HAVE BEEN VINDICATED... :cool:
    7. zepfan1
      zepfan1
      After hearing from the man himself you above me are still skeptical...sigh... ?
    8. hand in glove
      hand in glove
      Great quote. I know the feeling...
    9. MozAngeles818
      MozAngeles818

I suppose, but then i listened to A Swallow On My Neck(again)
      and soon, I knew.

Can't go back once you're receiving hickeys from another man.
    10. Peterb
      Peterb
      Oh please.
      TMI!
    11. jdbabz
      jdbabz
      I am 'hummusexual' attracted to big bowls of hummus especially when there are crudites nearby. baddum tish. Robbie Williams new album is called 'Swings Both Ways' hmmm and he was putting notes through Morrissey's letter box saying 'I like you!' mmmmm hmmm Would have been the celeb couple of the century, look out Brad and Angie make way for Rob and Moz.
      Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
    12. Carly
      Carly
      I thought it was an interesting choice of word. But it could have been used to make sure it didn't sound harsh like 'I AM NOT GAY, OKAY!'.
    13. VivaGil
      VivaGil
      or maybe just to express the disappointment of people who want to peg him as one so badly
    14. jdbabz
      jdbabz
      My interpretation of the unfortunately was: either 'unfortunately for you (the press) I won't be so easily categorized'. or wryly meaning 'unfortunately for me it's not that easy to label myself so...'.
    15. sweetness522
      sweetness522
      I read this statement as a direct response to all the recent media articles stating that he's come out as gay. Which he hasn't. And that is how I've interpreted the "unfortunately".
      Spot on jdbabz. ^^
    16. Irregular Regular
    17. zepfan1
      zepfan1
      I am going on what he is saying... the book clearly makes him bisexual... he admitted both and now from him directly to say it thats all I need. There are no inuendos or self guessing himself.. I don't understand - seriously folks - there it is from the man and you put words in his mouth because you don't want it to be the truth? The unfortunately ( now I am guessing ) is saying that he hates to dissapoint the ones who want him to be 100 percent gay. He is not homosexual. Lets move on ... and let the vaginas of the world rejoice for once!!!
    18. hand in glove
      hand in glove
      :thumb:
    19. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Why do you need this? Do you also need Stevie Wonder to issue a statement confirming that he is black?