Morrissey nominated for Best Male Singer in the Vodafone Live Music Awards

Hmmm... My all-time fave covers of The Smiths is Love Spit Love's for 'How Soon Is Now' and Placebo's for 'Bigmouth Strikes Again'. But the 1st one sounds a bit too much like the original.
Can someone please tell me how many artists have covered The Smiths' songs?

Hmmm... My all-time fave covers of The Smiths is Love Spit Love's for 'How Soon Is Now' and Placebo's for 'Bigmouth Strikes Again'. But the 1st one sounds a bit too much like the original.
Can someone please tell me how many artists have covered The Smiths' songs?

Please check Stephane's amazing http://passionjustlikemine.com

At this stage about 200-300 cover versions are listed in there.

V. awards thingy round since 2007 (winner: Mika, whom I hate)

"The V. Live Music Awards nominations have been put together by a panel of music industry insiders including representatives from major record labels"
Hear, Hear.

maybe good news #1:
"Fans will have the chance of winning exclusive tickets to the V. Live Music Awards by entering their details now on the V. Live Music website (www.vodafone.co.uk/music). Tickets to the Awards are free and available to all, not just V. customers."

maybe good news #2:
The bash, which takes place at the Carling Academy Brixton on 18th September, will be broadcast on Channel 4.

No information on how nominees can make it to winners.

Sources:
http://www.vodafone.com/start/media...uk_press_releases/2007/live_awards_press.html
http://www.dailymusicguide.com/Musi...odaphone_music_awards_2008_03082008_1320.aspx

Hmmmm...I haven't heard of the result, will it be on this weekend's Channel 4?

*edit*
Yep, Saturday 10am they're going to show 1 hour programme of the award celemony.

Last edited:
Hi there!

Many of you know I'm a radio journalist and I work for a Spanish holding that every day sends us a summary of many many news, including music news.

Yesterday I got this and I'm surprised! Although I don't know how serious the contest is:

The list of nominees was chosen by a panel of experts and includes (among many other categories):

Mejor Cantante Masculino (Best Male Singer):

▪ Mark Ronson

▪ Dizzee Rascal

▪ Morrissey

▪ Paul Weller

Fans can vote for their favorites through the Internet and mobile SMS.

Did any of you know about this? I guess it'll be valid only in the UK, right? Are you going to vote??

Para cual radio trabajas? La Rock and Pop?

Rubbish Awards

As Karin predected, Mark Ronson won Best Male Singer.

No mention of the nominees at all. :(

Ronson and indeed his Stan Laurel-like sister are exceptionally irritating people. I have never heard him sing.
I don't know what or who "Dizzy Rascal" is/are. Is it a cartoon character? Is he/it a singer?
Weller and Morrissey are singers so one of them should have won.

Ronson and indeed his Stan Laurel-like sister are exceptionally irritating people. I have never heard him sing.
I don't know what or who "Dizzy Rascal" is/are. Is it a cartoon character? Is he/it a singer?
Weller and Morrissey are singers so one of them should have won.

Dizzee Rascal is a rapper who is the winner of Mercury Music Award in 2003.

My Dad watched something to do with it last night, and it had a video of Paul Weller. He felt the need to switch the channels over, saying, 'Oh no, he's looking like Iggy Pop now!'

Me either, nor have I ever heard her spin :rolleyes: I'm so tired of her & her "lesbian" lover, Lindsay Lohan. :sick:

Sounds like Ronson is more of a producer than a singer. :confused: Morrissey wuz robbed.

Me either, nor have I ever heard her spin :rolleyes: I'm so tired of her & her "lesbian" lover, Lindsay Lohan. :sick:

Sounds like Ronson is more of a producer than a singer. :confused: Morrissey wuz robbed.

Exactly right, Corrissey.
I am of an age where I don't consider it a talent to play records, or re-mix existing ones. And I'm grateful for that :)
As for Stan and trendy lezbot Lohan, :sleeping:

I just noticed that for nearly 30 odd posts nobody noticed the name of the actually award. :confused:

well, to be honest he isn't the best singer or live personality....when i saw him in the summer, i felt he was just going through the 'motions'.

precisely, sir.

Tags
awards morrissey vodafone vote
Back
Top Bottom