Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY NEW ALBUM" (May 30, 2021)

Morrissey's new album, BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS, has been completed in Los Angeles.

"The worst year of my life concludes with the best album of my life." - Morrissey.

The eleven tracks are:

1 I AM VERONICA
2 REBELS WITHOUT APPLAUSE
3 KEROUAC'S CRACK
4 HA HA HARLEM
5 I LIVE IN OBLIVION

6 BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS
7 MY FUNERAL
8 DIANA DORS
9 I EX-LOVE YOU
10 SURE ENOUGH, THE TELEPHONE RINGS
11 SAINT IN A STAINED-GLASS WINDOW

Morrissey is unsigned. The album is available to the highest (or lowest)
bidder.

unnamed_xrljaa.jpg

artwork by Liam Lynch
photograph by Jean Messenger

Morrissey's 5 nights at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas start on August 28, and there are no anti-social distancing or facial concealment rules in place.

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:
Media items:

Hopefully some label without fear of being ostracized by the woke gits will release this. Moz speaks the truth; that's why they hate/fear him.

Sorry my friend, you're missing the point. Musically this is "Trouble loves me" stuff, where the Morrissey of old would have probably taken a bath in.

Lyrically it seems more in the style of Neil Hannon, I guess.

Last edited:
Sorry my friend, you're missing the point. Musically this "Trouble loves me" stuff, where the Morrissey of old would have probably taken a bath in.

Lyrically it seems more in the style of Neil Hannon, I guess.

If you want Trouble loves me stuff
I’d suggest you just listen to Maladjusted, etc,
‘the Morrissey of old’ it’s a nice town to visit, but I couldn’t live there anymore.

He is co-writing with Alain again so
your nostalgic dreams may stilll come true. Hurray.

Now I’m not against Morrissey repeating himself or working with Alain again, but I also find pleasure
in hearing Morrissey do things he more or less hasn’t done before.

Though I must admit that jangle indie guitar rock pop done by other acts just turns my stomach, it’s been done to death ! it should have died with the first Sundays album, sorry.

Morrissey's new album, BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS, has been completed in Los Angeles.

"The worst year of my life concludes with the best album of my life." - Morrissey.

The eleven tracks are:

1 I AM VERONICA
2 REBELS WITHOUT APPLAUSE
3 KEROUAC'S CRACK
4 HA HA HARLEM
5 I LIVE IN OBLIVION

6 BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS
7 MY FUNERAL
8 DIANA DORS
9 I EX-LOVE YOU
10 SURE ENOUGH, THE TELEPHONE RINGS
11 SAINT IN A STAINED-GLASS WINDOW

Morrissey is unsigned. The album is available to the highest (or lowest)
bidder.

View attachment 72803

artwork by Liam Lynch
photograph by Jean Messenger

Morrissey's 5 nights at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas start on August 28, and there are no anti-social distancing or facial concealment rules in place.

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:
Media items:

Wait lemme get this straight. Morrissey's new album should sound like a guy who sounds a bit like Morrissey?
I was talking about the music and the vocal lines, not the tone of his voice. Morrissey needs something classical & old skool. Common Ground and hymnical refrains to win back some of the 50% of his fan base, he has lost. No weird instrumentation and hot blooded latin stuff or cold Depeche Mode beats. Alain knows that and was told by fans many times, how they miss the old 90s tunes.
The successful modernisation of the Morrissey band sound has failed anyway, but the people in charge and the fans who think he can do no wrong would never admit that. What do people who love "Kiss me a lot" know anyway? They are like the 2 chicks in the video. Lifeless!

I'm somewhere in the middle between @Phranc & Open and @Ketamine Sun. The guitar band thing kind of ruined it - I would love for Mozzer to go off the rails, completely go Tilt era Scott Walker and lock himself in some nightmare realm never to return - kind of like the intro to the song Phranc posted - OR just go back to basics and do crooning, jangly "I am Hated for Loving" indie guitar stuff again. One of the two. Preferably the former.

Don't you realise that you can never go home again? Or by todays standards never leave your home again?

I quite like the new sound and love Dog on a Chain. I have had enough of the Latin flair though. I don't see that older sound coming back just because Alain is returning but I'd welcome it if it did. We had glimpses in the bonus disc of WPINOYB. I feel like I'm in the middle of both camps like some others on here. If I want to hear jangly crooning then there's plenty of albums I can put on from that period.

But I will say that I would like a stripped down sound for a change in pace.

Last edited:
Good points from both previous speakers, even if "only" Hamish's intro would be too little for me and the late Walker is actually not consumable for conservative 90s indiepop listeners (like me). :)

As @marred says, it is after all the glimpses that in recent years approach the hope, that he could easily sound as playful as many would like him to sound. The bonus disc of WPINOYB and the total of 4 gifts of the nephew: almost all songs that in some cases surpass the album tracks by lengths.

Once again the problem with "Staircase of the University". A grandiose song idea, which could just as well have been from 1989 in a black-humorous, English context, is produced dead, dragged on too long and partly degenerates into farce. Stephen Street would have solved this much more elegantly, but Morrissey doesn't seem to care today. A wasted late hit.

The bonus disc of WPINOYB and the total of 4 gifts of the nephew: almost all songs that in some cases surpass the album tracks by lengths.
Amen, brother. All of those are shockingly beautiful. But surely Sam has only released three songs? By the Time, BDE and ICUWPL?

The alternativ version of BOMB should not be forgotten. Beautiful old skool Morrissey in full bloom.
Ah, yes. For some reason, I never bothered listening to it. I shall repent!

Edit: no, I had heard it after all. Feels pretty meaningless. Too similar to the official version. Great song, though. Its only problem is that it goes on for too long.

Last edited:
Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom