Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY NEW ALBUM" (May 30, 2021)

Morrissey's new album, BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS, has been completed in Los Angeles.

"The worst year of my life concludes with the best album of my life." - Morrissey.

The eleven tracks are:

1 I AM VERONICA
2 REBELS WITHOUT APPLAUSE
3 KEROUAC'S CRACK
4 HA HA HARLEM
5 I LIVE IN OBLIVION

6 BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS
7 MY FUNERAL
8 DIANA DORS
9 I EX-LOVE YOU
10 SURE ENOUGH, THE TELEPHONE RINGS
11 SAINT IN A STAINED-GLASS WINDOW

Morrissey is unsigned. The album is available to the highest (or lowest)
bidder.

unnamed_xrljaa.jpg

artwork by Liam Lynch
photograph by Jean Messenger

Morrissey's 5 nights at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas start on August 28, and there are no anti-social distancing or facial concealment rules in place.

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:
Media items:

NTS:
Andrew Watt -> Hipgnosis Songs -> Merck Mercuriadis

Off track a bit but couldn't agree more....showing my age but saw them around the original Sit Down release in the Marquee which was amazing....Great times...Village Fire EP is still a standout for me.
Anyways great to see them going from strength to strength and Morrissey could learn a lot from how they've played the promotion game to build the following they now have and as you say selling out arenas quite comfortably.
Whilst I love that he refuses to conform...I'd love to see a final flourish but he will definately need to give a little...we can only hope
The Morrissey fanbase has collapsed (by over half) due to his support and campaigning for the far-right, and radio refusing to play his new songs (for the first time ever). There's no comparison with James. They continue to be welcomed by radio and the indie crowd alike, hence going from strength to strength.

Since World Peace the covers are atrocious!!! Stephen, please, put some more effort... I say this for you, not for me. Take it as the advice of a friend.

Last edited:
Since World Peace the covers are atrocious!!! Stephen, please, put some more effort... I say this for you, not for me. Take it as the advice of a friend.
Usually there would be a photoshoot purely for the new album artwork. Not anymore.

I don't think he likes the way he looks. I know he never really has, but certainly in recent years he seems to be embarrassed by his appearance as he gets older. He shouldn't, because he looks better than most 62 year olds.

I have a feeling this album is going to be extra terrific for some reason. Was it produced by Chica again?

Usually there would be a photoshoot purely for the new album artwork. Not anymore.

I don't think he likes the way he looks. I know he never really has, but certainly in recent years he seems to be embarrassed by his appearance as he gets older. He shouldn't, because he looks better than most 62 year olds.
I think you are right, and I agree. Well, if he doesn't want to appear as he is today, he can put whatever or whoever he wants on the covers. What is lacking is taste and will.

I agree. I also must make the following connection. With the exception of not hearing the new album the previous last 3 albums with uncool titles, musically just were not up to typical Moz standards.

I feel like the unreleased demo of Blue dreamers eyes not only was more moving than anything on the previous three albums but it also just had that certain something that always sucked me into his music. Sadly for reasons unbeknownst to me the last three albums just didn’t do it for me.
Well said!

Really hope this doesn’t go south like some other touted (re)releases

I sure don't have that feeling at all. The title itself is upsetting.

I think that could come down to Low In High School, and that motif kind of connecting with teenagers. Just an unfortunate cerebral connection is all, I think.

He used to look better than most of ANY AGE, it must be difficult for someone so iconic looking to lose their looks/identity. He looks like a totally different person now. I wish he would put some effort into himself so that he just looks like an older version of himself instead of someone totally different. No excuse for losing his fashion sense. Damn he used to be so sharp and debonair. I think most fans feel this way, whether they say it or not.

I think that could come down to Low In High School, and that motif kind of connecting with teenagers. Just an unfortunate cerebral connection is all, I think.

No, Morrissey mentioned the Bonfire of Teenagers was about the Manchester Bombing in which a number of teenagers died in an explosion. The primary impression of that album title is horror, evil and tragedy.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom