Morrissey 'naked with cake' cover photo turned down by The Sunday Times

Episode 29 - Our nightmare week with Morrissey - The Sunday Times Magazine Podcast
How difficult is it to photograph Morrissey? Pretty difficult, it turns out. Eleanor Mills and the team pull no punches in explaining how The Smiths frontman kept our photographer waiting in New York for four days and why today's Magazine interview with the controversial singer almost completely unravelled

The Sunday Times staff discuss here the difficulties they had getting Morrissey to agree to a photoshoot for the interview published 26.11.17.

Excerpt: "We got an email saying the shoot Morrissey wants to do, is he wants to be naked except for a cake - a great big icing-covered cake - in front of his genitals..."

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Korda Marshall, "morrissey will not be silenced", except for cake covering his, ahem, dick, erm, stuff our faces with cake, unless you want a movie part of course.

Korda Marshall, "morrissey will not be silenced", "except for cake covering his, ahem, dick", erm, stuff our faces with cake, unless you want a movie part of course.

"except for cake covering his, ahem, dick" don't think Korda Marshall said that.

link please. thanks in advance.

"except for cake covering his, ahem, dick" don't think Korda Marshall said that.

link please. thanks in advance.

Sorry, KS, just f'ing around. That was my addition, not a quote. I edited the quotes out. Just trying to imagine korda following up on a quote he had made.

For those who can't be bothered to listen to the full podcast (it's quite long), the other tidbit in there, is that they were pissed as Morrissey had promised them an exclusive interview, then did the piece for Der Spiegel anyway. I'm guessing he won't be invited back.

Four days? I’d be embarrassed if I thought I had kept someone waiting for half an hour. The editor of the Sunday Times Magazine should have waited until Morrissey got to the photoshoot and then cancelled it.

Korda Marshall, "morrissey will not be silenced", except for cake covering his, ahem, dick, erm, stuff our faces with cake, unless you want a movie part of course.

A cake covering his dick doesn't sound as awful as Eleonor Mills looks with fish covering her vagina

DPkSvDYX4AUfPy4

Four days? I’d be embarrassed if I thought I had kept someone waiting for half an hour. The editor of the Sunday Times Magazine should have waited until Morrissey got to the photoshoot and then cancelled it.

they wouldn't dare ! it is MORRISSEY! :bow::bow::bow:

now bow down Mr Barleycorn, bow down.

:cool:

I used to have a customer who photographed pop stars. He flew over to photo Ian Brown once and when he got there Brown goes, "I don't fancy having my picture taken today" and took him to Starbucks instead. He said the worst were the Strokes, he walked out on them. We all know Moz is a bit of a diva so it's to be expected.

What a bunch of pc bores, these are the type of people who want to rewrite Sleeping Beauty.:weary:

I’ve heard some whining in my time , but these on this podcast are a real bunch of needy Metropolitan wankers.

Who is the person that okayed the release of this dreadful podcast? That’s who I’m mad at.
The Times should hire actors with pleasant sounding voices and mild senses of humor to portray the writers in their next podcast.

Oh the importance of being a fat baldy has been, bless his cotton socks !
The world won't listen but it will laugh out loud :rofl:

More ! More ! Bravo ! Ha ha ha ha ! :laughing: F A F !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

TROLL X33
4CK YOU BUTTFACE X41
DROP DEAD BENNY THE BASTARD WANKER X17
C@NT ARSE X56

they should have known it goes with the territory of being so-called difficult.least the photographer got a mini break in new York for four days at the expense of the sunday times.they were probably pissed at the cost of all her breakfast,dinner n teas.

These people literally make me vomit; ellie, ellie and matt ~ white, upper class, thickos.
the same inbred gene pool/went to same school brigade who have been running the media in blighty for the last century.
pay lip-service to diversity and open-mindeness but all know each others mothers and read the same books, see the same films, listen to the same music.
í almost thought this was some kind of armando iannucci piss-take on modern journalism.
these are the people who actually run the sunday times magazine; í genuinely find that incredible.
the fact that Morrissey gave these morons the runaround is a badge to be worn with pride.
and, pardon me for my ignorance, but how is Morrissey naked with a cupcake over his cock unacceptable "in the present climate". what the f*** has that got to do with male predatory abuse of power? #CakeToo...?

Last edited:
pardon me for my ignorance, but how is Morrissey naked with a cupcake over his cock unacceptable "in the present climate"

It's too cold. No one should be getting their dick out in this weather - not even Morrissey.

I guess we should be grateful he didn't say "I'd like to be naked with a cake and I hear Terry Richardson's price has come down a bit recently..."

they wouldn't dare ! it is MORRISSEY! :bow::bow::bow:

now bow down Mr Barleycorn, bow down.

:cool:

All I know is if you book the Queen for a gig she turns up on the dot. She even brings her own cake if you ask nicely.

I guess we should be grateful he didn't say "I'd like to be naked with a cake and I hear Terry Richardson's price has come down a bit recently..."

Guess too we should be grateful that DirtyLittleSam didn't get the gig...he would have had him in lingerie.

I don't support a lot of his views and I'm sure he is difficult to be around but I find it a bit shit of them to bitch about him like this TBH. Quite unprofessional.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom